The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sox sure do love interleague.

I think Okajima will be ok in the long run; he's just going through a tough stretch at the moment.

Delcarmen has looked good the last few times out, so hopefully that's a good sign.

With all of the injuries, you really can't ask for a better record right now. It pays to have depth on a team and a farm system stocked with pitching.

hank steinbrenner does not share the red sox love of interleague

Well Bartolo Colon got hurt swinging the bat, where's the outrage from Sox camp? Hank is a boob.

I still like the Lowell signing, there really wasn't a ton of other good options out there for them and Lowell is a solid run producer. Even the Lugo thing...he's certainly getting a bit too much $$$ but the guy has gotten on base in May and June with an OBP around .390. That's just fine out of a SS and 9th place hitter for me. The defense is a concern though.

Hasn't changed for me at all. He wasn't that expensive, he's putting up decent numbers after his injury earlier in the year, and above all, he's a great teammate and leader.

That pretty well sums up what my answer would have been.
I mean he's hitting .275 with 11 HR's and 37 RBI...its not like he's stinking the joint out or anything.

Lugo, on the other hand, can leave town at anytime. The Sox should trade him for a prospect and insert Lowrie.

They'd have to eat most of Lugo's contract for anyone to consider trading for him (its what's known around MLB as "pulling a Renteria"), I just don't see anyone biting even if they do that.

That pretty well sums up what my answer would have been.
I mean he's hitting .275 with 11 HR's and 37 RBI...its not like he's stinking the joint out or anything.

Again, was just curious...noticed his OBP was pretty low so that sparked my interest.

Oh, and the Yankees love interleague play, regardless of Hank.

Shiver me timbers!!!! The White Sox have banished the Pittsburgh Pirates to Davey Jones Locker with a 3-game sweep in which we scored a triumphant 37 runs!!!

Next stop:

Wrigley Field...

BRING IT.

Ug, I dread this weekend. I can't believe ESPN made the next 2 sunday night games Sock/Cub games. Things could get ugly.

I wish the Sock weren't such streaky hitters. They unloaded on the Pirates; I hope this doesn't mean they're due for another dry spell.

Anyway, Go Sock!

capt.fc442cbe71b04d5f88ba05e54158a0c4.pirates_white_sox_baseball_cxs111.jpg

PS--> can you believe the pitching staff? :D

If our pitching and our bats click at the same time...and that's obviously a big if...we are the most dangerous team in baseball.

It's not arrogance, it's honesty.

wildhoneyalways :hi5:

no that's pretty arrogant... there's another sox that are a tad more dangerous.

It seems that everyone in this thread needs a reminder that there is another Sox team in MLB. When ever the "Sox" are discussed here it's automatically assumed it's the Red Sock. :grumpy: Don't get me wrong, I'm not drinking the kool aid or anything but :angry:

*shakes an angry fist at the east coast bias!*

yeah, I'll go back to the cat thread now. :lol:

Joba looked okay today. Struggled with command, again, but very few balls actually hit hard. Yankee pen continues to do well, thankfully. Rivera is fucking unhittable this year, fun to watch.

So, not saying that they're on their way to the post-season or anything like that, but, they are playing pretty well lately.

Dalton is funny.

Hey, Dalton, let's be friends.

Together, with our powers combined, we can obliterate some of the really gay posters like GirlsAloudFan and KansasCityFreakinRoyalsFan.

:hi5:

It seems that everyone in this thread needs a reminder that there is another Sox team in MLB. When ever the "Sox" are discussed here it's automatically assumed it's the Red Sock. :grumpy: Don't get me wrong, I'm not drinking the kool aid or anything but :angry:

*shakes an angry fist at the east coast bias!*

yeah, I'll go back to the cat thread now. :lol:

no i know there's two sox teams... there's only one who i think is good, though.

Here they come. The Rays are like your little brother who you always beat in sports that suddenly grew up and started returning the favor. Good for them. But they really need to ditch the damned cowbells, I mean seriously, you're a Major League Baseball team.

Not that the bells are any lamer than Thunderstix and rally monkeys but that's a whole other story.

Edit: And kudos to whoever took that pic, great shot.

no i know there's two sox teams... there's only one who i think is good, though.

So you're saying you think the White Sock are. . . . what? Bad, okay, irrelevant, kooky (at least Ozzie is)?

What about the pitching staff? They don't warrant a "good" in your book? I agree that the hitting has to be more constant. There are day when they just plain suck. My cellphone inbox & out box are inundated with "Sock blow" & "they suck" texts. :lol:

At the least, the Sock are a "good" team. Not a "great" team but certainly a "good" team.

In the defense of the White Sox, they have the largest difference in the AL in Runs scored vs Runs allowed. Only two AL teams have scored more runs, so the offense is not exactly anemic. They have an elite closer and pretty strong set up guys. Unless Floyd and Danks take steps back, they have a strong rotation. I'd not take them too lightly. Still waiting, though, for Carlos Quentin to wake up and realize that he's Carlos Quentin.

All that being said, Boston is the team to beat.

Here they come. The Rays are like your little brother who you always beat in sports that suddenly grew up and started returning the favor. Good for them. But they really need to ditch the damned cowbells, I mean seriously, you're a kind of a Major League Baseball team.

Not that the bells are any lamer than Thunderstix and rally monkeys but that's a whole other story.

Edit: And kudos to whoever took that pic, great shot.

Fixed

So you're saying you think the White Sock are. . . .

an average team that is playing above their head thanks largely to a weaker than expected division and the unexpected first half performance of gavin floyd.

they are 13 games over .500 against the AL Central. they are under .500 against everyone else.

take floyd out of the equation and their starting rotation has a record of 21-20.

they do have a quality bullpen, though. i will give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom