The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GirlsAloudFan said:
Buehrle, Vazquez, a rejuvenated Contreras....not a shabby top three in the rotation.

Dude, I love the Sock as much as anyone. Here's the thing, after Buehrle and Vasquez. . . things get a little dicey. More than a little dicey, actually. Let's not even mention the bullpen. And Juan Uribe. I shake an angry fist in Juan Uribe's direction. :angry:

That being said, I don't think the Sock will be as bad as last year. God help my liver if they are.

Phil, we may be able to commiserate about the (3) 4-5 pitchers this season. :sigh:

Does anyone know what has become of Freddy Garcia? I tried to do a search on him on mlb.com just now but I'm guessing the site is overloading with the games going on currently....

the tourist said:

He was really good with Seattle. :shrug:

As well as being a fucking beast for us in the 2005 playoffs when we steamrolled bitches on the way to an eaaaaaasy Worlds Championship.

He's lost alot of velocity in the last couple of years, though.

r1277898859.jpg

:drool:

If any of us ever witnesses a 30 game winner in our lives it will be Johan Santana this year in New York.

randhail said:
Nice to see that Gagne picked up right where he left off last season.

It's because he's on my fantasy team :(

Hewson said:
No, sorry, that title goes to Kevin Youkilis.

Youk or Giambi, it's close...

randhail said:
Nice to see that Gagne picked up right where he left off last season.

I really really hope that isn't how he's going to be every game...needless to say I'm very worried. And also very glad that we have a few guys who could step in as closer if Gagne can't be trusted. A lot of wasted money if that's the case.

FullonEdge2 said:

I really really hope that isn't how he's going to be every game...needless to say I'm very worried. And also very glad that we have a few guys who could step in as closer if Gagne can't be trusted. A lot of wasted money if that's the case.

I remember Albert Einstein once said something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

(BTW, if anyone wants a quick larf, you can dig up the baseball thread from last year and find the post where I praised Theo Epstein for trading away Kason Gabbard for Gagne. Whoo.)

"I've been thinking about this all spring," Wright said. "I know today it finally happened. But all spring, I was sitting there saying, 'I can't believe we'll be running this guy out there every fifth day.'

it's amazing how just one man can completely erase all the bad thoughts from last september... and that's exactly what johan has done. the dread? the fear of collapse? gone. the confidence? back. :hi5:

johan pretty much threw one bad pitch the entire game. it was after the mets 6 run inning... he had to sit in the dugout for a long time and when he came out his control wasn't quite as crisp as it had been. he walked a guy on a 3-2 count (ball 3 was a clear strike 3 that was called a ball), then hung a changeup to willingham, who sent it into the left field seats for the first hit he gave up all day. the only other hits he gave up was an infield hit and a little nubber through the left side. he struck the next guy out after the homerun... struck out 4 in a row at one point after the homer. seemed to refocus him.

7 innings, 100 pitches, 3 hits, 8 strikeouts, 2 walks, 2 runs... and it wasn't even johan at his most dominating.

oh baby :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

7 innings, 100 pitches, 3 hits, 8 strikeouts, 2 walks, 2 runs... and it wasn't even johan at his most dominating.

oh baby :drool:

Let's not forget he was also going up against the Marlins. He will do well for the Mets, but the Marlins aren't the greatest of teams.

speedracer said:

(BTW, if anyone wants a quick larf, you can dig up the baseball thread from last year and find the post where I praised Theo Epstein for trading away Kason Gabbard for Gagne. Whoo.)

We have all had those shining moments here. :)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's amazing how just one man can completely erase all the bad thoughts from last september... and that's exactly what johan has done. the dread? the fear of collapse? gone. the confidence? back. :hi5:

Just hope it doesn't turn into overconfidence like last year.

zonelistener said:

Let's not forget he was also going up against the Marlins. He will do well for the Mets, but the Marlins aren't the greatest of teams.

absolutely... i'm not forgetting that at all. but johan is, historicly, a much better second half pitcher than first half, and he wasn't nearly at his best yesterday afternoon, and still put up a great performance. i'm remembering that, too. :hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom