The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is going on @ Fenway tonight? You've got Coco showing us his boxing moves, then Manny and Youk getting into it...loony tunes.

So should we chalk last nights dugout incident as Manny being Manny or Youk being Youk? I have a feeling that if Youk didn't play for the Sox, then I'd probably hate him - sort of like Paul O'Neill.

shockingly enough, major league baseball is over-doing the advertising hype about the all star game being in new york... i know, i know... over-hype? never!

they're placing 8 foot tall replicas of the statue of liberty throughout the city painted in the team colors of all of the MLB teams. you can even buy your own mini replica... yay!

pMLB2-4834303dt.jpg

pMLB2-4834390dt.jpg

classy

shockingly enough, major league baseball is over-doing the advertising hype about the all star game being in new york

Yeah they're probably over-hyping it, but it would definitely be an amazing experience to go to this year's All-Star game at Yankee Stadium in its last year of existence. I know I would love to be there.

So should we chalk last nights dugout incident as Manny being Manny or Youk being Youk? I have a feeling that if Youk didn't play for the Sox, then I'd probably hate him - sort of like Paul O'Neill.

Apparently some Red Sox, Manny included, don't like Youkilis's habit of throwing stuff in the dugout after a poor at-bat.

I can see how it would get annoying quickly, but I have a hard time really getting upset about Youkilis's attitude. He's not being selfish and focusing on his stats, he's just a perfectionist who wants every at-bat to be perfect.

They're all grown adults in the dugout, so I'm pretty sure it'll be resolved quickly.

Yeah, I watch Youkilis go berserk after an at-bat when the Red Sox have a big lead and I start to hate the guy. He is most definitely your version of O'Neill.

Yeah they're probably over-hyping it, but it would definitely be an amazing experience to go to this year's All-Star game at Yankee Stadium in its last year of existence. I know I would love to be there.

would be nice and all... i think i'd rather go to the home run derby... but the cheepest single ticket on stubhub for a bleacher seat, which of course is normaly the cheapest seat in the house? $311 bucks. cheapest ticket for the all star game it's self is $599 bucks.

i think i'll watch from home.

75% chance I'll be at the All-Star Game. Pulled every string I could at work and it's looking semi-promising. Cannot think of a better Father's Day Gift than to tell my Dad that I'm taking him to the All-Star game at Yankee Stadium.

75% chance I'll be at the All-Star Game. Pulled every string I could at work and it's looking semi-promising. Cannot think of a better Father's Day Gift than to tell my Dad that I'm taking him to the All-Star game at Yankee Stadium.

Hell yeah, that would be a beautiful Father's Day gift. :up:

Or, of course, you could get one extra ticket and take both me AND your Dad to the All-Star game...

would be nice and all... i think i'd rather go to the home run derby... but the cheepest single ticket on stubhub for a bleacher seat, which of course is normaly the cheapest seat in the house? $311 bucks. cheapest ticket for the all star game it's self is $599 bucks.

i think i'll watch from home.

$599 for the cheapest ticket to the game? wow.

Who do you think will be the starters for each league? Santana vs. Contreras?
Santana vs. Halladay? Webb vs. Cliff Lee? Zambrano vs. Buehrle?

Johnny Damon probably had his best day as a Yankee yesterday. He went 6 for 6 and had the game winning hit. Not too shabby. I'm glad he shaved the mustache.

I didn't see Joba pitch, but his line looks pretty good (4.1 IP. 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 78 pitches).

He's no Justin Masterson, though.

So that's why we signed JD Drew...makes sense now.

Nobody's complaining about that contract any more...ever since game 6 vs Cle and the grand slam, Drew has been earning his cash quite well.

Listen carefully tomorrow morning for the sound of baseballs denting the green monster as I will be partaking in BP at the old Fens.

(OK listen for the sound of dribblers up the 3rd base line)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom