The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Predictions:
Buffalo (YES)
Pittsburgh (NO)
Devils (YES)
Rangers (YES)

Vancouver (YES)
Flames (NO)
Minnesota (NO)
San Jose (YES)

I got 5 of 8. I had Buffalo over Vancouver in the Final, so that's still a posibillity.

Round 2:
Buffalo in 6
Devils in 6

Van in 7
SJ in 6

Last edited:
TheBrush said:
My thoughts (who cares though)

(1)Buffalo over (8)NYI in 5
(2)NJ over (7)TB in 6
(6)NYR over (3)ATL in 7
(5)Pitt over (4)OTT in 7 (this is a coin flip really)

(1)DET over (8)CGY in 5 (great goalie matchup though)
(2)Ducks over (7)Wild in 5
(3) Vancover over (6)Dallas in 6
(5) SJ over (4)Preds in 6

------------------
(1)Buffalo over (6)NYR in 5
(2)NJ over (5) Pitt in 7

(5)SJ over (1)Det in 7
(2)Ducks over (3)Vancover in 6
------------------------

(1)Buffalo over (2) NJ in 6

(5)SJ over (2)Ducks in 6 (Teemu gets called on a record 4 illegal sticks in the series leading to 4 PPG:wink: )
-----------------------------

(5)SJ over (1)Buffalo in 7

How could I not have my favorite team beating the home town team?

Not Nostradamus by any means, but def. a dash of wishful thinking!

I had 7 of 8. Not too shabby at all, the only one I missed is where I bitched out and siad it was almost too close to call.

So I get to stick by my next round picks, except for Pitt, NJ will win in 7 lets say (another tough match-up! There so I can bitch out on that one too!)

ScreenHunter_6.jpg

TSN Luuuuuuuuurrrrrvvvveeeessssssss Ottawa LWTSH.:wink:

trevster2k said:
ScreenHunter_6.jpg

TSN Luuuuuuuuurrrrrvvvveeeessssssss Ottawa LWTSH.:wink:

Woohoo, Mackenzie and I have the same predictions.

Which is the monkey?

I'm going to check out RDS' (TSN's french equivalent) predictions.

By the way, Sean Avery of the Rangers had this to say of Buffalo "I'm going to hurt them, I'm going to hit them, I'm going to be in their face as much as I can," he said.
He's so annoying :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maggie is the monkey. She spins a wheel which has two team names on it, wherever it stops, that's her pick.

A few years ago she picked Anaheim right to the finals of the Cup which is her claim to fame. I like to think of her has a barometer for chance vs expert analysis. She has had a better record than Bob McKenzie et al. in the past.

I was half paying attention to the game, and did not expect to have Jeff Cowan's shot actually get in the net. I'm glad it did, though!

Tonight's game was so much better than Wednesday's. :up:

I went to the game tonight, and had a great time, despite the loss. I'd never been to a playoffs game before, so it was awesome.

Hopefully Tuesday will be better. :up:

As a Canadian (and an occasional Leafs fan), I must say I'm now firmly on the Vancouver bandwagon, despite my pick and despite them being down 2-1 right now. I like Anaheim too, but I've gotta pick a team. I really won't mind too much if the Ducks win.

This is the first time in a long time I can remember where I like at least half of (5 out of 8) the teams that are left. The only ones I really hope lose are Detroit and Ottawa (can't stand 'em). I don't much care for New Jersey, but I hope they beat the Sens, an NJ-BUF semifinal would be awesome!

Vancouver is definitely a team I can support, they were my favourites for the first few years I started watching hockey (90-95 I'd say), until my stepdad's rabid and inexplicable love for the Habs led me to root for the Leafs as a balance. Go Nucks! :up:

Canadiens1160 said:
Ottawa's about as cool as a stick in the bum.

Go Vancouver!

:love:

I :heart: the Canadian mindset of "I have to support the Canadian teams" and yet Ottawa is left out in the cold. :happy:

Out of the teams currently in the playoffs my preferred winner (in order of my dislike) goes:

1 - Vancouver
2 - Buffalo
3 - Ottawa
4 - San Jose
5 - New York
6 - New Jersey
7 - Anaheim
8 - Detroit

Why all the Ottawa hate? :sad:

Okay, granted, they're not my team (Habs, woohoo!) but there's an attachment because I've lived here so long...and this city is in desperate need of a party!!

I saw Alfredson in the mall a couple months back - I smiled at him but nary a smile crossed his face, grrrr.....

Last edited:
Yeah. They gave up a 2 goal lead. :rolleyes: :tsk: They lost 3-2 in OT.

I'm still solidly on the bandwagon, but last night was so disappointing. Tomorrow's game is going to be stressful, that's for sure. I really hope they win. I can honestly say I'm doubting their ability to win this series, but I do have a small shred of hope left.

That Buffalo goal should have counted. NHL officiating is worse than little league officiating. Of course, ever since the Brett Hull goal to win the cup over Buffalo in 2003, why should I be surprised? I am not a Buffalo fan, I just want the refs and officials being so terrible. I haven't watched hockey all year until the playoffs and was totally unaware of the mediocrity of the officiating this season.

Canucks need a leader, to keep them relaxed and focused during stressful times in the playoffs and games. Naslund ain't that guy. Major collapse last night.

Look at Ottawa go!! I am not cheering against Ottawa but for me to believe they can win the cup, they have to win the cup.

trevster2k said:
That Buffalo goal should have counted. NHL officiating is worse than little league officiating. Of course, ever since the Brett Hull goal to win the cup over Buffalo in 2003, why should I be surprised? I am not a Buffalo fan, I just want the refs and officials being so terrible. I haven't watched hockey all year until the playoffs and was totally unaware of the mediocrity of the officiating this season.

Canucks need a leader, to keep them relaxed and focused during stressful times in the playoffs and games. Naslund ain't that guy. Major collapse last night.

You are correct on both points sir... This year has seen a ton of crappy calls by the refs and I can't keep track of how many goals have been under review (seems like allot more than past years). They seriously need to invest in better camera technology over the nets...

As for Vancouver, I dunno, Anaheim looks like the better team, they just seem more organized and determined. The only Canuck who looks consistently alive out there in Luongo...

Unless the powerplay all of a sudden wakes up, Vancouver's done tonight. :down:

I'm back to rooting for a Buffalo-Anaheim final.

Canadiens1160 said:
Ottawa's about as cool as a stick in the bum.

:bow:

I hate rooting for the Devils, but cheering for the Sens would be like cheering for the actual Devil. Not in a million years.

Back
Top Bottom