The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just can't get behind the Sens, just like I can't get behind English "cuisine". Mushy peas just don't beg to be rooted for, do they?

Leafs fans would probably be more likely to cheer for the Habs (albeit begrudgingly) than the Sens (at least around here). Okay that's wrong...not cheer exactly..but be happier to see the cup in Montreal than Ottawa. Why?

I know lots of people from SWO who were the most loyal of Leaf fans until '93 at least, and then slowly over the next few yrs fled to the Sens. My best friend for example...we even drove to TO to be ready for the parade on Yonge if the Leafs had beaten the Kings that year. The next year? she's a Sens fan...as are all her family. There's lots like her...who gave up on the Leafs and turned to the Sens for any lame reason..."my brother lives there" "it's our nations capital" "it's still in ontario" "I went Carleton/Ottawa" "my grade 8 grad class went there for our trip" "my family always like the history of them" yada bloody yada ad nauseum. So, to spite those people, some Leaf fans like myself will cheer for any other CDN team but the Sens.

This from someone who will always bleed blue and white, however, is watching the Pens more closely...Maxime Talbot anyone :drool: (not lame at all :wink: )

:laugh:

how did anybody doubt this team would choke???

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

wow, they sure shit the bed in that one! :happy:

did anyone see the interview with snoop dogg in the 2nd intermission on cbc? :lmao:

DaveC said:

did anyone see the interview with snoop dogg in the 2nd intermission on cbc? :lmao:

I already quoted that genius...up and down...:heart:

DaveC said:

Leafs fans are funny.

I don't know if they're choking or they just weren't aware what they were in for - if Anaheim is that much better of a team, does it necessarily mean Ottawa is choking?
None of the teams they've encountered thus far has been remotely as physical as the Anaheim Broad Street Bullies, I mean Ducks.

Ottawa's top line could maybe be called chokers though :hmm:

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
Ottawa's top line could maybe be called chokers though :hmm:

Now is the time for Alfredsson & company to do something monumental. They've done absolutely nothing thus far, and as good as Alfredsson was with those chances in the final stretch, he was more than outclassed over the entire game.

RavenBlue said:
The highlight of that game was Snoop Dogg. :giggle:

That was pretty great...I think the best part was the announcer's intro :lol:

Here it is, peeps: http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/29946/sports/hockey/hnic/video/snoop-oake-interview070530.wmv

ladywithspinninghead said:
Maybe it's time for Mcgratton :hmm:

He'll definitely make an appearance if they find themselves down 3-0. I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing, however. I'm not big on the 'enforcer' brand of hockey.

Olov said:
Since I'm a swede and can't see the newsreports that you can (neither can I read your newspapers), I see Alfredsson as a quiet and hardworking player. Over here he's regarded as somewhat boring, and definitely not as a whiner or loudmouth. I am a bit surprised to learn this from you. However, I think most of us in Sweden is behind Ottawa not so much because of Alfie, but because Ottawa is a canadian team with tradition, passion and diehard fans. The Ducks feels more like a construction without that genuine hockey history.

Sorry I didn't address your post earlier, Olov...it just slipped by me. Keep in mind, this sports thing can tend to be a little cartoonish at times. I have nothing personal against Alfredsson...not yet, anyway :wink:

In terms of the team's tradition, I think it's right on par with the Ducks, so I'll disagree there...both teams came into the league at around the same time. Ottawa does have that connection to the original team of years ago, but it's a pretty disjointed one.

Speaking about traditions, however, Ottawa can truly make history if they can rebound tomorrow, and then go on to capture the cup. Only one team has done it before.

angelordevil said:

Speaking about traditions, however, Ottawa can truly make history if they can rebound tomorrow, and then go on to capture the cup. Only one team has done it before.

:love: The mighty Habs :love:
(my real team!)

I'm not big on that type of hockey either but I'm not crazy about Anaheim's style either :shrug:

Go Sens!

BonoManiac said:
How the hell was that not a penalty on Pronger? The referee was right there and chose to ignore it!

He should be suspended, easily. I don't think McAmmond returned, from what I saw. The funny thing is, the NHL probably won't suspend Pronger because the player he injured recovered relatively quickly and wasn't carried away on a stretcher. That seems to be the standard they've set. It was still a dirty play, no matter what.

Well, it's 2-1, and we finally have a series! :up:

I'm gonna watch the next game on Sens Mile, down the street from where I live, because I know there will never be opportunities for Stanley Cup finals celebrations once I move to Toronto....

:wink:

I didn't watch the last game, but I did see Pronger's hit on TSN. What an idiot. He claims he was finishing his check...SURE, PRONGER, WITH YOUR ELBOW?

(Please don't interpret the above as support for the Sens :wink:, I just can't stand it when players in any sport deliver a dirty hit on a fellow player)

I should have been in Ottawa today having a good time. :hmm: As a result, the needle is sticking in voodoo Alfie's nether regions.

Game 3 was a sloppy messy game for both teams. Neil is lucky Andy MacDonald has good reflexes or he would have been suspended along with Pronger.

Pronger is an ass, he is assistant captain of a team in the finals and pulls that kind of shit. Pathetic!

trevster2k said:
Neil is lucky Andy MacDonald has good reflexes or he would have been suspended

chris neal: the dirtiest cheap-ass plug that's ever played in the stanley cup finals.

he doesn't deserve to have his name engraved on the holy grail.

i hope someone pops his head like a rotten melon on the boards tonight.

do i mean that literally?

you decide.

:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom