The 2007 FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: I am purchasing US Grand Prix tickets this week!

zoney! said:
What matters more:

how they look or how they drive/race?

:shrug:
As anyone who has seen The Fast and the Furious knows, the better your car looks, the faster it goes.

V-TEC KICKING INNNNNNN :eyebrow:

Re: I am purchasing US Grand Prix tickets this week!

zoney! said:
What matters more:

how they look or how they drive/race?

:shrug:

I heard that Button isn't to happy about the car's performance..

So now Honda has a funny looking car that will really stand out in the back of the field. :wink:

Being Brazilian, I haven't been as excited about anyone as I am about Massa this year since Senna died. I hope he'll do well!

Mark today complains he won't win. Is it just me or has he become a massive sour grape? I mean, he has the chance to go to an obviously improving Renault or Williams. So he goes to Williams. Then, when he leaves Williams, he has, as amazing luck would have it, another chance to go to Renault. So he goes to Red Bull.

*sigh*

Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.

that honda car is beyond ugly.
seriuosly wtf?

however they did have a thing on the webpage a little while ago where you could get your name on the car for the first race - mine should be on the nose somewhere! :D

looking forward to this year, and being a ferarri fan :reject: i'm interested to see how Kimi does.
When he started out I always hoped he would end up in a Ferarri one day but now that he is, I have my doubts - I don't think he has the work ethic Schumi did, nor will he put in the time or the effort off the track MS used to.

Massa on the other hand i'm looking forward to :yes:
Oh, and little Lewis Hmilton, I hope he comes right - starting your career in a Mclaren is quite a way to set off!

As for my hopes for the 2007 season... s long as Alonso fails miserably, it'll be good year!
i'm not holding my breath though :(

digsy said:

looking forward to this year, and being a ferarri fan :reject: i'm interested to see how Kimi does.
When he started out I always hoped he would end up in a Ferarri one day but now that he is, I have my doubts - I don't think he has the work ethic Schumi did, nor will he put in the time or the effort off the track MS used to.

Mmm, they were saying that in the paper yesterday. Got the speed, but question marks over his committment.

C'mon webbs...

Mmm, c'era parlare nel giornale ieri.

Practice 1
Code:
1.  ALONSO        Mclaren      1m29.214s
2.  MASSA         Ferrari      1m30.707s
3.  VETTEL        BMW          1m30.857s
4.  HAMILTON      McLaren      1m30.878s
5.  BUTTON        Honda        1m31.162s
6.  NAKAJIMA      Williams     1m31.401s
7.  COULTHARD     Red Bull     1m31.528s
8.  KOVALAINEN    Renault      1m31.571s
9.  WEBBER        Red Bull     1m31.661s
10. BARRICHELLO   Honda        1m31.737s
11. SATO          Super Aguri  1m31.782s
12. FISICHELLA    Renault      1m32.011s
13. WURZ          Williams     1m32.194s
14. SUTIL         Spyker       1m34.043s
15. LIUZZI        Toro Rosso   1m34.627s
16. ALBERS        Spyker       1m35.055s
17. HEIDFELD      BMW          1m37.249s
18. DAVIDSON      Super Aguri  1m39.221s
19. RAIKKONEN     Ferrari      1m39.242s
20. R SCHUMACHER  Toyota       1m39.550s
21. SPEED         Toro Rosso   1m41.763s
22. TRULLI        Toyota       1m44.130s

As a bonus - here's Flava Flav's fashion of the week:

380042za2.jpg

:uhoh:

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:
Mark today complains he won't win. Is it just me or has he become a massive sour grape? I mean, he has the chance to go to an obviously improving Renault or Williams. So he goes to Williams. Then, when he leaves Williams, he has, as amazing luck would have it, another chance to go to Renault. So he goes to Red Bull.

Yes, I hope to figure that out one day. I used to think Webber was smart! :lol:

Lewis Hamilton seems like the real deal.

Sorta hoping the new tire regulations would lead to more passing but I didn't see it, unless you count Massa's march from the back.

HOLY SHIT Hamilton! Brilliant moves in the first few turns, wow.

Kimi and Alonso, with Ferrari also being in top form - this is going to be one hell of a season.

Good on Kimi, if someone deserves to win the Championship it's him. Though for me it takes some getting used to seeing a Ferrari and not hoping to see it parked against a wall. :D

Well that wasn't exactly the most exciting race of all time... last year's race was heaps better. What we have learned:

- Ferrari are going to be strong. Very strong. Hopefully it doesn't become a Ferrari first, daylight second third and fourth thing again.
- They weren't lying about Lewis Hamilton! He is the real deal. He will win a race this year, Alonso had better watch his back.
- Kovalainen isn't quite ready for the big time.
- Webber's car sucks once again.
- David Coulthard still has the passion.
- The Honda's race as bad as they look.
- The Super Aguri's have some significant sterioids.

And so and so forth.

COBL_04 said:
David Coulthard still has the passion.

I guess that's one way of putting it. I'd rather say he's still the loose cannon he's been the last couple of years. The only thing he'll be competitive in this season will be who'll crash his car the most, him or Sato. :lol:

Awesome Awesome Day i had yesterday, down on the mound at turn 5. nothing can ever accurately describe the loudness of those cars, they are truely insane. anyways go Kimi, awesome drive by massa, 22nd to 6th!, and lewis hamilton, 3rd on debut! awesome job. Renault is buggered for the championship now, its a 2 horse race between Ferrari and McLaren.

I agree about seeing an F1 race live. It's amazing how much downforce the cars have, and how the seem to suck up the pavement underneath them as they fly by.

Also cool is being able to hear the different car engines and how each has a unique sound.

Last year the Hondas were the loudest, holy fuck loud, engines I've ever heard.

Positively impressed by Lewis Hamilton. A podium at his debut. Alonso's got a really talented teammate this year. Kimi did a good job, I wonder what Michael Schumacher thought when he saw(if he has seen the race at all) Kimi win for the first time in the Ferrari.

By the way I think that dot system Bridgestone introduced is totally useless and I hope that they come up with something more visible soon.. Not that I'm that interested in compounds but it would be interesting to be able to exactly follow the teams and compare their choices

DrTeeth said:

I guess that's one way of putting it. I'd rather say he's still the loose cannon he's been the last couple of years. The only thing he'll be competitive in this season will be who'll crash his car the most, him or Sato. :lol:

Nah, that's not the point. It's whichever supermodel he's shagging at the moment!

Isn't that the whole point of F1? :D

How charismatic is Raikkonen? :rolleyes:

Interviewer: How are you?
Kimi: Fine.
I: Congratulations!
K: Cheers.
I: How did the car feel?
K: Fine.
I: Did you feel any pressure, being with Ferrari?
K: Nuh.
I: You had a moment, care to explain?
K: Got bored.
I: So are you the new Schu?
K: :shrug:
I: What next for Kimi?
K: Sleep.
I: Thanks, Kimi.
K: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Great. This year is going to resemble Terminator. The man who dominates will say 54 words for the year.

COBL_04 said:
How charismatic is Raikkonen? :rolleyes:

Interviewer: How are you?
Kimi: Fine.
I: Congratulations!
K: Cheers.
I: How did the car feel?
K: Fine.
I: Did you feel any pressure, being with Ferrari?
K: Nuh.
I: You had a moment, care to explain?
K: Got bored.
I: So are you the new Schu?
K: :shrug:
I: What next for Kimi?
K: Sleep.
I: Thanks, Kimi.
K: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Great. This year is going to resemble Terminator. The man who dominates will say 54 words for the year.

He just has to push, then, we will care to make him more italian than possible ;)

babyman said:

He just has to push, then, we will care to make him more italian than possible ;)

Good luck with that. Would be interesting to see an "Italian" Kimi.. :wink:

By the way, is it me or does that guy only have two facial expressions? I've actually seen him smile once(I think I did..) and his other expression is that bored look he is so well known for..

Kimi's love in using the phases

'we'll see what we can do tomorrow',
'I think blah blah blah but you never know'
'Anything can happen so blah blah blah'
'hopefully'
'Yeah'

are driving me mad!!! I have a voice in my head repeating these phases whenever i think of him :huh: :| :wink:

I don't mind that he doesn't talk that much since I don't like the sound of his voice at all.

Weird voice, limited vocabulary, limited number of facial expressions, no feelings...

He's just a funny little man that Kimi...

A funny little man who so happens to be a great driver :wink:

Adam'sbaby said:

Good luck with that. Would be interesting to see an "Italian" Kimi.. :wink:

By the way, is it me or does that guy only have two facial expressions? I've actually seen him smile once(I think I did..) and his other expression is that bored look he is so well known for..

That's how he is, he neither answered Michael Schumacher's phone call who wanted to congrat him before the podium gala!
:wink: But as long as his right feet keeps pushing hard as he did in Melbourne........... :hi5:
The first step to make him italian will start from the spaghetti, we will push 3-4 Kg a day in his mouth! :wink:

Still remember how Michael used to get happy when he was winning.............:heart:
Hope to see him sooner than possible leading the team!

Half-related, I went out to a Greek dinner the other night, and everyone thought I was retarded or anorexic because I wasn't eating heaps. I felt sick as when I left, and I kept getting all these weird looks...

Great food though :wink:

Something similar happened to me when I went to the States a couple of years ago.. I was eating as much as I usually would have done but still I got the "what's wrong why are you eating so little?" reactions. :huh:

Never had Greek food though...

(returning to F1 related talk soon.. :wink:)

Back
Top Bottom