The 2007 Eurovision song Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
Well folks, the semi-final is a week away and I'd be more than happy to hear all of your predictions for this year.

who will make the finals and who will go home in disgrace???

I'll start by introducing one of the absolute worst songs ever sent to the Eurovision......and it is none other than ISRAEL!!!.....

We really scraped the bottom of the barrel for this one:

This is this year's entry by "Teapaks" called: "Push the button".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZsH_UNc5y4

Just for comparison, here is our entry from two years ago in which we reached 4th(!!!) place - our highest in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlxqo-g98s

ON WITH THE SHOW!!

XXX

Last edited:
:hyper:

I lurrrrrvvvveee Eurovision!! I'm having a Eurovision party at my house, cos I need to share the experience with other victims, sorry, lovers of Eurovision....:shifty:

I refuse to listen to any of the songs beforehand cos that just takes all the fun away from the night, but I reckon DJ Bobo with "Vampires are Alive" will go far :yes:

Well, it's here....tonight is the semi-finals.

I don't know who's going to win but I guarantee you that the Israeli delegation will be packing their bags tonight and leaving Helsinki in disgrace.

Good luck to everyone!

Well, just as I thought.......we didn't make it through to the finals - gee what a shock.....NOT!

I loved the songs from the Netherlands and Denmark - fantastic pop songs which were catchy and really easy on the ears......

......which might explain why they didn't advance to the finals....

In short.....last year I believe that Finland burst the dam with their performance and now the contest has become more of a "freak show" than a song contest....

:banghead: :banghead: :down: :down:

Wow, how many Slavonic nations this year. My favourites were the German swing guy and the Hungarian blues woman, though I think Ukraine :lol: will win.

UK entry - what a letdown.

Personal favourites were Georgia (slightly Bjork I think), Sweden (Glamarama), France (wtf?) and Germany (cool swing).

Ireland's was piss:(

I gave Finland and Moldova a vote, though I'm sure neither will win

Germany had a nice swing song, and some other country's had something decent

^^If only they'd gone for My Lovely Horse then it would've all been in the bag :wink:

I didn't watch Eurovision this year. If I heard the UK entry (like Steps but managing the impossible by being worse) one more time I think it might have driven me over the edge into mass murder. :no:

Last years Eurovision entry for Ireland went out with my Aunt at one point, he did come out gay though:wink:

Apocalyptica? Aren't they the dudes that do the Metallica covers on Cello?

Last edited:
Irishteen said:
Didn't you hear the other 23 acts? Crap is part of the job description for a Eurovision act

Yeah but, at least some were crap but fun...I just found Ireland's twee trad embarrassing.....enter proper trad or none at all, otherwise it just plays up to the stereotype of 'fiddly dee' music:wink:

LJT said:

Yeah but, at least some were crap but fun...I just found Ireland's twee trad embarrassing.....enter proper trad or none at all, otherwise it just plays up to the stereotype of 'fiddly dee' music:wink:

Come on it wasn't that bad, I mean if Ireland's entry was embarrassing, what was the UK's

Crap but it didnt pretend to be serious...to be fair Ireland's entry was more nondescript than crap.

Bulgaria's entry was amazing and unique.
I really only watch the show for Terry Wogans comments because lets be honest the music is shite and the voting is as predictable as the weather in Manchester.

Western Europe should pull out of the competition and leave the old Bloc to it.

I luuurrvveed every minute of it, the cheese factor was extra high this year and my pick Ukraine came second. :D Bonus points to Sweden. Nul points to Ireland, it's obvious they REALLY didn't want to win it again :wink:

Oh and Terry :drool:

(the one year the Australian broadcaster didn't show the UK broadcast with Terry, everyone complained. It's Terry or it's nothing! :mad: )

Back
Top Bottom