The 2007 Emmys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I never watched Ugly Betty but I find it to be the most overrated show on tv today.

I felt exactly the same way until my wife and I started watching it over the summer (because there was nothing else on) and you know what?
I isn't half bad, I have to say for the most part I have been pleasantly surprised and look forward to the new season...

Maybe it's not half bad, but it's not half creative either, what is this like the 12th country to remake that show??

anitram said:
jenna-fischer-emmys-2007-01.jpg

Dear Jenna: when the bow under your breasts is bigger than your breasts? It's not a good thing.

From the neckline up, she looks lovely. Everything below the neck is a hot mess.

I am really disappointed that Edie Falco and James Gandolfini didnt win. wtf for real. :down:

Is Boston Legal really a drama? Everytime I hear something about it, or see a preview for it on TV, it seems like they're pushing some wacky, zany situation. Or it's James Spader, Candice Bergen or William Shatner being wacky or insane.

I mean, does it really belong in the drama categories? Because James Spader???? Really?????

I can't stand Jennifer Love Hewitt, but this is a great dress:

JLH.jpg

Sandra Oh's is similar - there's a little bit of white fabric at the top of the dress. Very pretty!

SandraOh.jpg

Kristen Bell had my favorite dress of the night:

KristenBell.jpg

I'm not quite sold on the color, but I've always totally loved Julia Louis-Dreyfuss:

JLD.jpg

Last edited:
Julia looked so pretty, I have always thought she is beautiful. I like Kristen Bell's dress too, she's a very pretty girl.

Kate looked hot

0000043023_20070916185707.jpg

Wow

0000042997_20070916173606.jpg

Whose idea was this?

0000042967_20070916161028.jpg

Or this?

0000042979_20070916162856.jpg

0000043020_20070916183307.jpg

Kate Walsh's dress was really similar to the one worn by the lead actress on Cold Case, or at least the bustline was very similar. And they were both red.

Kristen Bell, robbed yet again of an Emmy nom.

The prejudice of this voting body against not only genre stuff like Battlestar Galactica, but the smaller network shows (why does Lauren Graham not have several awards already?) is pretty reprehensible. Is anyone really pushing the envelope with the stuff that wins year after year?

Every year viewers, critics and journalists cry foul over the Emmy noms, and nothing ever seems to change. Just like the Oscars, they're not the end-all, be-all of acclaim.

It sucks, though. The overlooked show in my book was Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
Every year viewers, critics and journalists cry foul over the Emmy noms, and nothing ever seems to change. Just like the Oscars, they're not the end-all, be-all of acclaim.

It sucks, though. The overlooked show in my book was Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Exactly.

As long as there's an old-school "send us 3 shows in for consideration and they better be tearjerkers" rule, shows that develop in a serial style with arcing characters and actual development will get buttfucked. Look at Veronica Mars, Buffy, Galactica, The Wire... it's a joke.

And James Spader... why was he even nominated to begin with? Don't get me wrong, he's good on Boston Legal, it's a solid show... but no Edward James Olmos? At all? He's fucking Adama.

Last edited:
I don't get why Boston Legal is considered a drama... the thing I do most on that show is laughing my ass of... DENNY CRANE!!!!

and Grey's should'nt be drama either... but basically because the whole show is a joke :grumpy:

Shatner's the man, pure and simple.

I, too, find Grey's to be melodramatic and sappy, but that's just me. It's cool everyone else enjoys it.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I :heart: Kristen Bell...

Laz, don't tell me you are a closet VM fan as well? :reject:

I'm pretty much OUT of the closet on that one.

Don't tell anyone but I also became addicted to Gilmore Girls after watching syndicated reruns.

And me and my ex-girlfriend used to watch Dawson's Creek every week without fail.

Could I lower my credibility any further here?

I forgot to add how AWESOME it is that 30 Rock won Best Comedy! Now maybe they'll move up in the ratings and the show will be saved.

It well and truly brings the lulz.

I hoped that would've happened to Arrested Development...

Last edited:
It did, actually. AD was on the brink of cancellation, but it won an Emmy and it staved off cancellation for one more year. The part that never happened was the viewing public embracing the show. Their loss, show was and remains fucking brilliant.

Again, it was mainly FOX's fault for that. How can any show build anything more than a cult fanbase if it's constantly being shuffled around nights Scrubs-style?

Then again, the narrative structure of the show gave little room to any new viewers though. So you could argue both ways... but it was ultimately FOX's fault for not knowing how to market a critically successful show.

I really hope AD gets a fitting end on Showtime or a film. The 13-episode Season 3 was a let down no matter how brilliant the finale was.

I remember trying to get into it around Season 1 and catching a few episodes, then it not being on for an odd stretch of time.

I'll take your word for it though since you watched it on its first-run, I was a DVD convert for the first 2 seasons and caught the tail-end of Season 3... which went up against the opening night of the Olympics I believe.

By the tail-end of season 3 it was already not going to be renewed.

Before Season 1, they did their usual promotional blitz for the show during the MLB post-season. Was it marketed well? Not sure, from a quality standpoint...but from a quantity standpoint, they did their best.

I'm still shocked that it lasted that long (Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared weren't nearly as lucky). And I'm not convinced that shows benefit from lasting much longer than that. It's really hard to NOT get stale, or to have a lot of filler. Look at the original The Office or Extras. Two seasons each, and episode totals that wouldn't even equal one season here in the U.S. But you're witnessing something close to perfection that can be watched again and again. I don't know many U.S. comedies where every episode holds up to repeat viewing.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that Arrested Development's legacy will benefit from the cancellation--three seasons of brilliant chaotic bliss that we won't see the likes of again anytime soon.

I actually thought Season 3 was a let-down. They lost a TON of writers after Season 2, which is common. The whole Theron-arc just did not do it for me. Once that was over, and they also knew they were not getting renewed, the show finished strong.

Sometimes, it's nice when art wins out over commerce, even if it's not deliberate. The Wire, for example, or Deadwood recently....two amazing shows that will end or have ended on top of their game.

Back
Top Bottom