The 2007 Emmys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muldfeld said:
Conan beating Jon Stewart and Colbert? His stuff is so formulaic. The punch line is always the exact opposite of the lead-in premise.

Really?

Conan's monologue is formulaic, but his skits and interviews are always funky and entertaining. Hardly as formulaic as the other late night hosts.

Christina Aguilera?! This is officially vulgar now. I can't believe people believe she's all classy now. Such a cliche. It's like a Playboy playmate who says her idol is Marilyn Monroe and likes bad boys.

Tony Bennet should have some damn class.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Really?

Conan's monologue is formulaic, but his skits and interviews are always funky and entertaining. Hardly as formulaic as the other late night hosts.
Good point. His monologue is the worst of all the talk shows. All those fat jokes and "she's a slut" jokes. He just changes the names every few years.

I guess his skits are alright, but I hate those stamps and I've watched Conan since 1993, so I've noticed a massive repetitiveness even in his skits. I respect Stewart's stuff more generally, but he's really declined in the last 2 years. I mean REALLY declined.

Jack Bauer and Ali Larter could probably kill everyone in the room in 5 seconds.

Muldfeld said:

Good point. His monologue is the worst of all the talk shows. All those fat jokes and "she's a slut" jokes. He just changes the names every few years.

I guess his skits are alright, but I hate those stamps and I've watched Conan since 1993, so I've noticed a massive repetitiveness even in his skits. I respect Stewart's stuff more generally, but he's really declined in the last 2 years. I mean REALLY declined.

I'm a big Conan fan [never really cared for Letetrman or Leno], and I'll probably get stoned for saying this but Conan's interviews have nothing on Craig Ferguson's...his interviews actually seem genuine and not planned out with little funny stories, they seem more spontaneous and feel like a real conversation.

That being said I do think Colbert should have won
:shrug:

LeVar should've come out rockin' his Geordi shades... that would've been classic.

Can someone keep a list going, because I'm getting confused between who won and who should have won at this point. :wink:

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Robert Duvall for Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Winner: Katherine Heigl for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Thomas Haden Church for Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Winner: Jaime Pressly for "My Name Is Earl" (2005)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Winner: Terry O'Quinn for "Lost" (2004)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Winner: Jeremy Piven for "Entourage" (2004)

Outstanding Reality Program (Previously Announced)
Winner: "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005)

Outstanding Animated Program (Previously Announced)
Winner: "South Park" (1997)

Outstanding Miniseries
Winner: Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

BSG was screwed twice over. There's no way the Lost season finale deserved a spot anywhere near the brilliant "Occupation"/"Precipice". These emmys are crap. (Cartman voice) Screw them, I'm going home!

randhail said:

the old Jack could, the new one would just start crying
That actually makes me wanna start watching the show again. There's only so much you can do with intense/gritty. I'm really curious about this new departure. Maybe I'll watch my father's DVD set.

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Special
Winner: Tony Bennett: An American Classic (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
Winner: "The Daily Show" (1996)

Outstanding Miniseries
Winner: Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Robert Duvall for Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Winner: Katherine Heigl for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Thomas Haden Church for Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Winner: Jaime Pressly for "My Name Is Earl" (2005)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Winner: Terry O'Quinn for "Lost" (2004)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Winner: Jeremy Piven for "Entourage" (2004)

Outstanding Reality Program (Previously Announced)
Winner: "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005)

Outstanding Animated Program (Previously Announced)
Winner: "South Park" (1997)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Judy Davis for "The Starter Wife" (2007) (mini)

Outstanding Made for Television Movie
Winner: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (2007) (TV)

Writing in a Drama
Directing in a Drama

and of course, Adama, Starbuck, and Gaius Baltar should've been nominated in the acting categories.

Dwight Schrute would much prefer a supporting actor from Battlestar Gallactica win as opposed to that bum Rainn Wilson.

Lewis Black is awesome... and Seacrest kills all of his steam. Cool.

Hey, did you guys know about the future hit smash Back to You starring Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton?

I didn't either.

And Leslie Feist's song is in an iPod ad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom