The 2007-08 NHL Hockey thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you all think Lecavalier, a French-Canadian superstar, would actually want to come and play in Montreal, let alone thrive in this environment, you're all drinking something other than Powerjuice.

There is a reason that Montreal has a tough time attracting big name free-agents, especially those from Quebec. And that's because of the intense fan and media scrutiny that permeates ever facet of a hockey player's life. There's no better city to play in when you're winning and playing weel, but if you lose then watch out!

elevated_u2_fan said:
Here's a bigger one:

That's gotta hurt for Buffalo, he was one of their stronger players...

I can't tell you how many times this year goals were scored by the other team while Soupy was standing around. He's not a terrible player, but he is overrated IMO. I will miss him because he is a great guy and teammate, and he loved the city a lot, but the Sabres were in danger of losing him to free agency with no return. They are probably worried about trying to lock up Miller at this point.

However, with all the bonehead moves this front office has made, I won't hold my breath on Miller.......

ladywithspinninghead said:
Hope the Habs enjoyed the playoff run while it lasted! :happy: :rolleyes:
(well, they won't make it past the first round if they do qualify)

Huet for a second-round draft pick? Is this a joke?!? Hal Gill got more in exchange than Huet! Okay, Huet hasn't been fantastic these past few weeks but I personally think he's proved himself throughout the year.

Is Gainey still drunk from his big night on Saturday or somethin'?? :hmm:

Un-frickin'-believable.

Souray used to be my fave and they traded him, then Huet became my fave and they traded him. Anyone you'd like to see traded b/c I'll ensure he becomes my fave!

I hope you don't buy any players' jerseys...we have this same problem in Buffalo. :lol:

BonoManiac said:
If you all think Lecavalier, a French-Canadian superstar, would actually want to come and play in Montreal, let alone thrive in this environment, you're all drinking something other than Powerjuice.

There is a reason that Montreal has a tough time attracting big name free-agents, especially those from Quebec. And that's because of the intense fan and media scrutiny that permeates ever facet of a hockey player's life. There's no better city to play in when you're winning and playing weel, but if you lose then watch out!

Must you rain on our parade? :mad: :wink:

From what I hear, he wants to play for the team :shrug:

Anyhoo, the Senators fired John Paddock. Bryan Murray, last year's coach and this year's GM, has taken over the reins.
But is it enough?

ladywithspinninghead said:
Anyhoo, the Senators fired John Paddock. Bryan Murray, last year's coach and this year's GM, has taken over the reins.
But is it enough?

Seems a little premature, but I thought it was foolish for Bryan Murray to NOT coach in the first place when he left to be the GM last year. He is the man the team listens to and they'll probably get a morale boost from this.

That said, I hope they don't win a single game in March and miss the playoffs. Fuck the Sens.

yay! Habs are first in the Northeast divsion :happy: (even if the Sens are just one point behind). Great performances from Plekanec and Kovalev.

They need to win tomorrow against NJ for the first place in the East :up: (and good news, the Devils lost 4-0 against Washington)

pat132 said:
yay! Habs are first in the Northeast divsion :happy: (even if the Sens are just one point behind). Great performances from Plekanec and Kovalev.

They need to win tomorrow against NJ for the first place in the East :up: (and good news, the Devils lost 4-0 against Washington)

Woohoo Habs!

And good for Huet for getting a shutout against the Devils! :applaud:

DaveC said:
I'm glad we're all in agreement. :yes:

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I hope that all Canadian teams do well, with the exception of the Maple Laughs. (Except when said teams play the Habs, of course. :D )

If anything, for me it's more "Fuck the Sens fans." I've honestly never met a more annoying and delusional group of people. I mean, at least Laughs fans are fairly self-deprecating, at least as far as their team is concerned, and our very own Elfa is proof of this.

But Sens fans will rub their success in your face, gloat about it to anyone within earshot, no matter what. And when you point out their playoff failures they make up some excuse or another.

Uh, Sens fans: talk to me after your team has actually done something noteworthy, like—oh, I don't know—not choking when it counts?

BonoManiac said:
If anything, for me it's more "Fuck the Sens fans." I've honestly never met a more annoying and delusional group of people. I mean, at least Laughs fans are fairly self-deprecating, at least as far as their team is concerned, and our very own Elfa is proof of this.

But Sens fans will rub their success in your face, gloat about it to anyone within earshot, no matter what. And when you point out their playoff failures they make up some excuse or another.

Except for the playoffs part, you could replace "Sens" with "Patriots" and the whole thing would still apply.

Penns / Thrashers game today has been a good one. It's going to a shootout right now :up:

DaveC said:
Fuckin' NUCKS!! :angry:

This is utterly ridiculous. :sigh:

They blew the 2 goal lead against Columbus on Friday, and this afternoon they couldn't get anything right. Tuesday's game against Colorado should be interesting. :happy:

BonoManiac said:
I mean, at least Laughs fans are fairly self-deprecating, at least as far as their team is concerned, and our very own Elfa is proof of this.

I think I'll take this as a compliment... :wink:

I like how the Leafs are actually trying now, where was this effort at the begining of the season? :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom