The 2007-08 NHL Hockey thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I'm a Sabres fan and although we hate the Leafs, I can't say that I don't sympathize.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Yeah, the Sabres lost some talent from last year, the Leafs never had talent to begin with...

8-0... fucking hell... :mad:

Good news for tomorrow, if Habs win against them (and a Sens loss), they're first in the East conference :happy:

wtf our inconsistent defenseman, Hank Tallinder, just beat the best goalie in the league in the shootout. :huh: :der: :D

pat132 said:

Good news for tomorrow, if Habs win against them (and a Sens loss), they're first in the East conference :happy:
yeah, woohoo! :hyper:

I tried to get tix to the Ottawa-Montreal game here in town this Sat. night but for once a hockey game is sold out!

Canadiens1160 said:
Habs are on a roll baby, yeahhhh!

Yeah, but I have a feeling they'll lose to the Leafs - they're going to want to redeem themselves after their 8-0 loss the other night and the Habs are playing Price, although he is 3-0 against them.

Toronto, Canada - A seven year old boy was at the centre of a Toronto courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Toronto Maple Leafs, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Hoot, I can catch the Habs / Leafs tonight and the Habs / Sens on Saturday on CBC (no cable).

Fuckin' sweet man. All I need is a couple 40s of Molson Ex and I'm good-to-go :up:

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/f/canadiens_habs.htm

Q. Why are the Montreal Canadiens called the Habs?

A. Habs is an abbreviation of "les habitants," the informal name given to the original settlers of New France, dating back to the 17th Century. So it's a natural fit for the The Montreal Canadiens, established in 1909 and marketed as a French-Canadian hockey team.

Having said that, the nickname might have been the result of an error. According to NHL.com, the first man to refer to the team as "the Habs" was Tex Rickard, owner of Madison Square Garden, in 1924. Rickard apparently told a reporter that the "H" on the Canadiens' sweaters was for "Habitants." Not true. The distinctive C-wrapped-around-H logo stands for "Club de Hockey Canadien."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom