The 2007-08 NHL Hockey thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Caps have sucked all season, but they're better than they appear to be - like the Rangers. The Islanders are worse than they appear to be - like the Devils. The Leafs are pretty much as they appear to be.

UberBeaver said:
Well, the Caps have sucked all season, but they're better than they appear to be - like the Rangers. The Islanders are worse than they appear to be - like the Devils. The Leafs are pretty much as they appear to be.

:lol:

That's the most honest NHL analysis I've heard this year!

elevated_u2_fan said:

did he loose the Lays Potato-Chip endorsement or something?

:lol:

The Rangers retired Brian Leetch's number last night and Messier spoke about his former teammate at the ceremony, and was getting emotional. His eyes were also welling up as Leetch's number 2 was being raised to the rafters.

Oh I hope the Moose doesn't become the Leafs GM. That would make me lose all respect for him.

Zoomerang96 said:
... and the norris division kicked ass.

Adams all the way

(I miss the old names)

lafontaine.jpg

Uh oh Beav, it looks like your goalie might have injured himself at the All Star thingamajiggie. He just got replaced by Tim Thomas for the Breakaway challenge.

And may I just add that Ovechkin is freaking awesome! Wow, they don't air alot of Caps games up here... that kid is really cool. Too bad he couldn't connect for the goal.

RavenBlue said:
Uh oh Beav, it looks like your goalie might have injured himself at the All Star thingamajiggie. He just got replaced by Tim Thomas for the Breakaway challenge.

And may I just add that Ovechkin is freaking awesome! Wow, they don't air alot of Caps games up here... that kid is really cool. Too bad he couldn't connect for the goal.

DiPietro got hurt?????

No spoken words said:

DiPietro got hurt?????

He pulled himself out of the skills comp last night, but he seemed fine today. I don't think the Islanders have anything to worry about.

The "superskills" kinda sucked. I saw the obstacle course, then jumped on a bus to go into town to meet up with some friends, so I didn't get back until the accuracy shooting. I thought the obstacle course lame, lame, lame. It seemed like they were running Peewee AAA drills. We used to deke between pucks, and saucer pass over barriers too. Way beneath NHL skill levels. If there was more of a challenge to it, it might have been interesting. The Puck Control Relay was one of my favourite events anyways, so I wish they'd left it alone. Accuracy and hardest shot were decent, 103.1 is a mean shot. Thought Phaneuf would do better, and Ovechkin probably shouldn't have been in this comp. The breakaways sucked. I was expecting creativity NBA-style, and it seemed the players were more concerned with not embarrassing themselves. The goalies trying to poke check everybody certainly didn't help either. And how inconsistent was the judging? :huh:

Ah well. It was decent to have on in the background during the pre-drink before the bar last night, and the game today actually provided something to watch in lieu of football.

I'm one of those people who believes that All-Star games are useless, so I really think they ought to just scrap the whole thing. The players don't go all-out, and the only motivation these guys have is to NOT play hard, since they all obviously want to avoid injury.

We get the Olympics every 4 years, the World Championships (which will be in Halifax this year - I get free entry to every single game!! :hyper: ) every year, and the World Cup/Canada Cup every so often, and they are more like All-Star comps than the actual game, so I really don't see the point.

I think my favorite part of the Superskills was the YoungStars game...oh and Manny Legace miked up and cracking me up.

Oh and Rick Nash should have gotten the MVP :down:

BonoManiac said:
^ I think he was.

I'm going to the Capitals game tonight. Can't wait to see Ovechkin in person! :yippie:

You must have enjoyed the game! Even though Ovie didn't score for the first time in 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom