The 2007-08 NHL Hockey thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...

I'm really starting to lose my patience with the whole organization... I think they should clean house completely and start again, especially the front office :mad:

I'm not just talking about Ferguson but whoever keeps allowing Ferguson to stay should get the boot as well...

For the love of god. :rolleyes: Does everything have to get a fucking sponsorship then a name change?! :|

Canucks play San Jose tonight. Season opener! :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I was looking it up on the CBC website for you:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/tvschedule.html

It's called "Scotiabank Hockey Tonight" now... WTF? :|

fucking weak... :madspit:

Ah that's horrible. It's still HNIC to me.

Nice win for Philly last night, 2 goals for Briere in his debut. Lots of new faces. According to the Flames broadcast (they were good IMO - I like hearing the other club's radio guys on XM sometimes) the Flyers have both the league's highest paid player (Briere) and defenseman (Timonen). Didn't know that.

Hopefully Biron can settle the goaltending situation. The Flyers haven't had any stability between the pipes since my man Hexy left (the first time). I still miss Ron Hextall; that was so badass when he scored those goals, and of course jumping Chris Chelios is always a good thing :)

I remember when Grant Fuhr wanted to sell ad space on his pads...the league said no (I think that was when Zeigler was Pres).

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Some of the shit he wears, you'd be hard pressed to tell whether it was a design or an advertising logo.

You could be right... I remember last year Coaches Corner was sponsored by the men’s wear chain; Moores... If I owned a men’s wear store I would not want it associated with Don Cherry. :lol:

elevated_u2_fan said:
OH THANK GOD!

I did some digging and it's the name of the pre-show, not the actual game, which will continue to be HNIC...

phew...

That I'm okay with. Good to know.

Do not mess with my HNIC, people! :angry:

As for the AHL ... The Chicago Wolves start their season away in Milwaukee tonight, before coming home next weekend. :up:

And the NHL ... I'm looking forward to attending the Chicago Blackhawks and the Atlanta Thrashers game on Saturday, Oct. 27th.
(former Wolves players Brett Sterling and Bryan Little who made it to the Thrashers team)

I will be supporting the Thrashers !! :yippie:

iloveedge said:
All I can say is...

GO HABS GO! :rockon:

:madspit: Please save all your habs cheering till after they kill the leafs tonight so I can at least pretend they have a chance. :(

why do all my teams suck :sigh:

BonoManiac said:

I scored tickets to the Canucks/Sharks game this Friday night. Can't think of a better way to kick-off my Vancouver week-end!

Hope you enjoyed the game last night!

That was a disappointing start for Vancouver, but maybe they'll make up for it tonight when they play Calgary.

snowbunny00774 said:

:madspit: Please save all your habs cheering till after they kill the leafs tonight so I can at least pretend they have a chance. :(

why do all my teams suck :sigh:

Ooh, ok.

It's one to one now :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom