The 2007-08 NHL Hockey thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:

Yeah, fantastic game. Shame you guys got stuck with the NBC coverage instead of the CBC though.

yeah, I switched back and forth between the two and there was no comparison. HNIC was great :up:

Great day for the NHL, and for that I am happy. Packed stadium, snowing all day, and Crosby the hero won the shootout.

DaveC said:

Yeah, fantastic game. Shame you guys got stuck with the NBC coverage instead of the CBC though.

I like when the playoffs roll around, because Versus will produce a lot of the games on their own, but they will also take CBC feeds and air them here in the States, and I enjoy that.

Is the Versus coverage any good? The Canadian version of that channel stayed as Outdoor Life Network (great decision, btw) and I've never seen a game on the Vs. Network.

I imagine it to be like the NFL Network is to football, or TBS to baseball.

RavenBlue said:
Really enjoyed watching this game on the telly. Must have been great to actually have been there. Great atmosphere.

I thought it would be hard for the fans overal because I would think they would add seats like on the floor, that would of been better because it would seem like the fans would be more apart of the game instead of just watching from the GR seats..

But overal, I loved watching the game. :up:

They need to do this with the Wings. Wings vs. somebody in the Big House would rock. I'd say Hawks or Leafs, but maybe Avs would be cool?

Apparently Montreal, Detroit and a couple other major market cities have expressed interest in doing one next year.

Montreal is hosting the 2009 All-Star game, so maybe you can kill two birds with one stone there....

CTU2fan said:
They need to do this with the Wings. Wings vs. somebody in the Big House would rock. I'd say Hawks or Leafs, but maybe Avs would be cool?

I would love to say either the Hawks or Avs, but the rivalry with the avs and wings isnt as big as it was a few years ago...

BonoManiac said:
An amazing statistic from today is that there were 11,500 fans at HSBC Arena in downtown Buffalo watching the game!
They missed the memo on the game being at RWS and showed up with their tickets at HSBC assuming the game was there.

Mr. BAW said:
I'm not really a hockey fan but I did enjoy watching some of yesterday's game especially when I overheard U2 singing "New Year's Day" while the crew repaired some of the ice...good stuff! :up:

Hockey's great live. You should check out a Kings game sometime - or a Ducks game, maybe, as the Ducks actually are good. Not sure which is better for you geographically. San Jose also has a team.

Thinking about it now, why does California have some many teams? Canada has, what, 6 teams? And Cali has 3? lol, that's odd.

elevated_u2_fan said:

well...

The total population of California (2006 estimate) = 36,457,549
The total population of Canada (2007 estimate) = 33,390,141

:nerd:

Are there census figures for how many Californians actually care, or even know, about hockey versus Canadians?

I've been to see the Ducks and Kings but I'm not just a devout follower of the game; I admit its much more fun in person...

Please no comments re: no NFL in our area, that suits us just fine because we get an EXTRA game during the weekends...

Without knowing the demographics, I don't what percentage is or is not in-tune with the local hockey...

Uber - we're 5 miles north of the Honda Center (Ducks) which is directly across the freeway from the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim stadium...which is 3 miles east of Disneyland!

Mr. BAW said:

Please no comments re: no NFL in our area, that suits us just fine because we get an EXTRA game during the weekends...

Does the NFL play a secret game in Northridge on Friday nights or something? :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom