The 2007-08 NHL Hockey thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the Leafs were playing so great tonight, I was almost certain they were going to get the shutout.. Can they ever hold a lead without allowing the team to comeback within one in the freakin' third period. Yeesh!

:giggle:

Well, at least they did win.

Fucking Habs. Time for Carbs to write all the players' names down on index cards and shuffle to determine the lines.

How did they get over it? Did they bring up a guy from the AHL? That's the Islander's cure all. Bring up a guy the coach keeps sending back to the AHL for not being good enough.

Do you know we have a forward that has played in every game, avgs over 10 mins per game and has ONE POINT? ONE! He just got a goal a few games ago. Took him almost 20 games to get a point. "But he hustles," they say. :sigh: The goalie has twice as many points as him. It's just sad.

elevated_u2_fan said:
:lol:

Toronto goes with the "work harder and make less mistakes" approach which when translated means "ignore it and hope it goes away", it never seems to work for long though... :sigh:

Yeah, we have that game plan too. "Work as a team. Tighten up in front of Ricky [DiPietro]. Gotta be smarter with the pick." I think I'm going to bring signs to the games with those little catch phrases on them. Maybe if they team has visual aids, that will help. "Use common sense. Cross on the green - NOT inbetween. Don't put your hand on the hot stove." Ugh. "Hey Hilbert - One is the lonliest number - get another point!"

I thought the Lions were good.

So, Mike, do you think the Habs will ever win again? It should be interesting to see the French media falling all over themselves, searching for explanations.

The only real explanation is that the Habs are not a top-tier team and their surge to the top early on was an aberration. Things are correcting themselves at the moment, and the Habs are where they should be: fighting for the sixth, seventh, and eight spots. That, and in an 82 game season you're bound to hit a rough patch or two, which some in the media fail to comprehend.

Last edited:
In regards to that... When I was listening to the pregame show on my way home last night, they were interviewing Mike Babcock and he said it was great to have another Original Six matchup and how Montreal is one of the premier teams in the league.

Um, Mike? It's December, man, not mid-October. :scratch:

Remember when the Habs had won every Stanley Cup in years ending in 6?

It makes me sad that the Habs aren't a top team anymore. And I miss the Forum, glad I got to catch a game there before they moved out.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ah, I miss the days of wondering whether or not the Wings would make the playoffs.

That must have been a looong time ago!
But yeah, they played a great game, even if it was at the expense of my team :sad:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It was, but now I'd like it if they wouldn't completely fall apart in the playoffs. Last year gave me a teensy bit of hope, then of course they had to dash those hopes.

At the end of the day Detroit has seen three Stanley Cup champions in my lifetime, so I can't complain (too much). ;)

:blahblah:

Detroit's such a suffering sports city. :wink:

DaveC said:

:blahblah:

Detroit's such a suffering sports city. :wink:

Well, after the fakeout earlier in the season the Lions have once again shown their true colors, and before last season "Tigers" and "contenders" weren't exactly spoken in the same breath.

I know, weak argument, but I have so little to be proud of when it comes to my hometown so give a girl a break, will ya? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom