The 2006 3 mobile Ashes Series Australia vs. England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit, the way the Poms won the first final tonight was one of the greatest comebacks ever, and Collingwood played what had to be the innings of his life. Australia looked set to post a MASSIVE total when they were 1/170 and I can't believe they slumped to all out for 252. And when England were 3/15, I thought they had to be gone for all money. Bell and especially Collingwood must be national heroes over in England right now.

I think we've entered some sort of weird parallel universe...

As for Collingwood and Bell being national heroes here...the news reports have mainly focused on Collingwood with Bell being almost totally ignored except for literally one brief sentence about his partnership with Collingwood. And that was it!

ok it was that terrible Batting Collapse that cost us the Game.

Shane Watson You have too improve your Batting!!

You are a good bowler but your batting is not up to scratch for a all rounder..

GILCRHIST what is he thinking.... I love watching you play so can you not get out so early???? You dont need to try hit the poms for six when your only on 5..... Keep the ball on the ground then when you get to atleast 40 then go for 6.

:scratch: Hmmmm, it may even be worth GOING to the second final tomorrow! :lol: Hats off to you, England, there may be fire in the belly, yet! Last night's game was a delight to watch, AT LAST :applause:

And yeh, what's up with Gilchrist these days? Ego?? :shrug:

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Unbelieveable. That has to go down as one of the greatest series comebacks. Shame the last game had to be marred by rain, especially as the Pommie bowlers were all over the Aussies and looked set to clean them up within 1-2 overs before the last spell of rain. But they got a much-deserved win and an astounding series victory.

Did that really just happen? I'm waiting to wake up in the morning and read that Australia was just playing in England's uniform or something like that ...

Oh yeah, and Dalrymple's catch to dismiss Watson was easily one of the best catches you will ever see. Mindblowing. I don't know how he did that.

NO. FREAKING. WAY!!!!!

:mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: :mad:

How the hell did that happen! They can't win a game all summer, then all of sudden they win one, then two, then four!

CRAP!

Well, England won 5 games out of...what....5 tests and 10 One Day games?....5 wins from 15 matches isnt a good record..

That said, they won the two one-dayers that counted the most, and congrats on that!

adrball said:
looks like the Australians have caught the English desease.

Maybe, but IMO when the main 1day tournament begins, the World Cup I have a sneaky feeling normal service will be resumed.

I'm proud of ya, England. And Australia should not be too cocky going into the World Cup. Let's see what's around the corner...

yes Australia has become very cocky

lets hope we do better in the world cup

and way if we lose the one day finals, we still have the ashes

Back
Top Bottom