The 2005 NFL Draft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sad sad 'Niners appear to be leaning towards Smith. I really like him, although I still think Leinart is better than any of those guys :wink:

I myself think that the backs are all very good, I would take Caddy Williams first, and I'm still trying to figure out why Braylon Edwards is rated ahead of Mike Williams. Having seen both play, Mike Williams is a man among boys.

My Steelers need help in the Secondary, but, it would be nice to select a Tight End. Would give Roethlisberger yet another option. The draft should indeed be very intriguing, and likely full of surprises.

This is the first year where I could really care less about the NFL Draft. It used to be such a huge thing for me. I am a die-hard Jets fan. They pick like 20-something in the first round, so I'm not expecting a big-time player.
There is no clear-cut choice for the No. 1 overall pick. It's either going to be Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers.

does anybody else think the nfl draft is the most overhyped and over covered event in all of sports?

who really watches these 2 and a half hour specials that has a few jackasses sitting around talking about what may possibly happen, only to be proven wrong on draft day

i mean does anybody really enjoy looking at mock drafts? i dont get them at all. who cares about who mel kiper predicts the browns will pick in the 7th round. he will be wrong about it, so why pay attention

draftniks :coocoo:

trojanchick99 said:
My sad sad 'Niners appear to be leaning towards Smith. I really like him, although I still think Leinart is better than any of those guys :wink:

I myself think that the backs are all very good, I would take Caddy Williams first, and I'm still trying to figure out why Braylon Edwards is rated ahead of Mike Williams. Having seen both play, Mike Williams is a man among boys.

I remember the 2004 Rose Bowl. I'm semi-convinced that all the USC receivers had stickum on their gloves that game, because Mike Williams and Keary Colbert made some ridiculous catches in that game.

So Mel Kiper, Jr. is a draft analyst. What does he do the other 10 months of the year?

I remember the 2004 Rose Bowl. I'm semi-convinced that all the USC receivers had stickum on their gloves that game, because Mike Williams and Keary Colbert made some ridiculous catches in that game.

You think those catches were sick.. you should see the catch Mike made in the 2003 Oregon St Game. He one handed it, just picked out of the air for a TD.

My personal favorite play of that Rose Bowl was Matt Leinart's TD catch. A thing of beauty :drool:

Why is everyone so down on Mel Kiper Jr.
He'll probably hit 3 out of his 32 first round projections from his mock draft.
He is a draft genius...same mold as Mike Martz being a coaching genius.

Just in...

FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs and Dolphins have agreed to a trade for the Pro Bowl cornerback that includes the Chiefs sending Miami their second-round pick as well as the two teams swapping fifth-round selections. In addition, the Chiefs have agreed to terms on a new seven-year deal for Surtain.

Such a deal has been long-awaited but the Chiefs had previously been unwilling to budge from the Dolphins' asking price of a second-round pick. However, with the three top cornerbacks in the draft slated to be long gone by their selection in the first round Kansas City stepped up to the plate.

The two teams have agreed to the deal but it is contingent upon Surtain passing a physical. In addition, Miami and the Chiefs still need to finalize the paperwork but the deal has been agreed upon from all sides.

Miami has been seeking a second-rounder since the process began and the Chiefs have entertained several cornerback options for quite some time. Despite adding Surtain to the defense, Kansas City is not done adding to its defense and should seek even more help in the draft.

Hmmm - Ty Law's options are running out, although the Jets are probably still interested.

I don't think the Dolphins are done yet. I could see them trading down from #2 if they get a good enough deal.

Every time I see Chris Mortenson, The Mort, on ESPN, I always tell the wife, "I know him!"

BAW always drops her eyes and says, "Yeah, I know, you guys went to high school together; he wrote about you before he wrote about Babe Ruth!" :yikes:

Well, she got it half-right! :)

Mort and I are fellow North Torrance Saxons, Class of '69..:up:

Kiper Jr. is a great example of making a name for yourself and sustaining a "career" while you are in possession of no actual major communication skills and you do 18 mock drafts a year, so you are bound to get something right.

I'd still rather listen to him talk than Berman, that bombastic hack.

phanan said:
No major surprises so far.

Cleveland is going to be a much improved team this year with the offensive weapons they will have. That is if Winslow is healthy this time.

Agreed. Ask the Chargers what having a pass catching Tight End can mean for your offense.

does nobody else agree with me about alex smith being a douche bag? havent any of you seen the segments with him on espn? they are douchilicious

and he is demanding more money than eli, thats pretty douchetastic as well

Back
Top Bottom