The 2004 Tour de France Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand that, about him leaving his wife. I like to believe in the "fairy tale" kind of thing as far as that is concerned, but from what I know they did get back together to try to work it out and that failed. Unfortunately that's how it goes sometimes. I'm not trying to argue w/ you about it justified :), because it is disappointing.

As much as it's tempting to put someone like Lance up on a pedestal, ultimately all we can really admire is his athletic ability and everything else is a bonus - that's just my take on it :)

he felt the need to humiliate an italian opponent because he has admitted under oath that his former physician (who's Lance's physician right now) liked to play with substances which are on the doping list

or something like that

Well maybe if the Italian (Filippo Simeoni) didn't constantly hurl implications of drug use at Lance every day then he wouldn't have reason to chase him down and humiliate him.

I (and many others too I'm sure) would have done the same thing. If someone pissed me off and was spreading rumours about me, I'd show him up like that too.

Lance could definitely have done worse things to Simeoni during that race.

Simeoni had never even mentioned the name Armstrong
only the name of the doctor
because he was questioned underoath (and after that you can bet your arse journalists will ask him about it)

Armstrong made this one a feud
It doesn't really take away from Lance's achievement
but it's not exactly pretty

DaveC said:
Well maybe if the Italian (Filippo Simeoni) didn't constantly hurl implications of drug use at Lance every day then he wouldn't have reason to chase him down and humiliate him.

I (and many others too I'm sure) would have done the same thing. If someone pissed me off and was spreading rumours about me, I'd show him up like that too.

Lance could definitely have done worse things to Simeoni during that race.
Like Salome said, Simeoni never mentioned Lance his name.

Back
Top Bottom