The 10 Worst Sitcoms Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't like sarcasm and irony you're probably not going to like Seinfeld, but that doesn't mean it's awful. You just don't "get" it. I don't "get" the Rolling Stones or The Eagles or Steely Dan, but I wouldn't say any of them are the worst band of all time*.

Yes, Dear actually makes me angry when I pass by it. Friends I didn't find that annoying. I thought it was ok, kinda funny at times, but extremely overrated.

Alf was pretty awful. I used to watch Small Wonder as a kid, ugh. And Charles in Charge rocked the house - Buddy Lembeck = Hero - so all ya'll haters need to step off the CiC hating tip.

*The Eagles.

I love sarcasm and irony. It isn't that I don't get Seinfeld. It is just not funny any way you look at it. :shrug:

*The Eagles.

And I hate the fucking Eagles, man!

the_big_lebowski___jeff_bridges.jpg

You know what? Everybody is making lists full of shows that all lasted for years(well, most of them anyway). If you made list of the ten most truly awful sitcoms of all-time, it would probably be a list of shows that got cancelled after less than a season, maybe even after just two or three episodes. But nobody remembers many of those, just the ones that last eight years that you don't think should have lasted that long.

The Michael Richards Show
Meego(look it up, it was on CBS for like 5 minutes in 1997, Bronson Pinchot played an alien that lands on Earth and is befriended by a little kid)
Emril
My Big Fat Greek Life
Cavemen
etc etc

That's the kind of material that belongs on these lists.

Special Comment on Cavemen: Whoever the writers for this show were totally missed the point. The Geico Cavemen commercials were laden with social commentary. If used probably, that premise in the form a sitcom could have been a relatively brilliant guise, a medium, for exploring racism and what it really means without resorting to the same old tired stereotypes about this race or that race(because we'd be looking at cavemen and not anyone from any real race) and without really offending anyone, and still be very funny. Unfortunately, the producers/writers of the show either completely missed the point, OR they thought a show like that would go right over the heads of most of America and so they should dumb it down. What we got was a run-of-the-mill, awful, unfunny 'single buddies' show except with Cavemen, that was dead in the water from the minute it started.

You know what? Everybody is making lists full of shows that all lasted for years(well, most of them anyway). If you made list of the ten most truly awful sitcoms of all-time, it would probably be a list of shows that got cancelled after less than a season, maybe even after just two or three episodes. But nobody remembers many of those, just the ones that last eight years that you don't think should have lasted that long.

Yup. I was thinkin the same thing when this thread was started.

There are COUNTLESS sitcoms that have come and gone over the years that have lasted less than 5 episodes before being canceled. It happens all the time.

Some of those pieces of shit should be counted as some of the "worst sitcoms ever" for sure.

Echoes of the art thread...

It is just not funny any way you look at it. :shrug:

You and these declarations... :tsk: Obviously quite a lot of people find it funny, so you're wrong. Blunt, but hey, it's the truth. :shrug:

But you are right that it's not necessarily that you don't get Seinfeld. It's more that Seinfeld's brand of humor is not for you. I can relate - I find some of it amusing but overall I'm not a big fan.

You and these declarations... :tsk: Obviously quite a lot of people find it funny, so you're wrong. Blunt, but hey, it's the truth. :shrug:

But you are right that it's not necessarily that you don't get Seinfeld. It's more that Seinfeld's brand of humor is not for you. I can relate - I find some of it amusing but overall I'm not a big fan.

Wow. You need to chill a little Diemen. I was saying any way you look at it whether it be the irony, sarcasm or whatever that it isn't funny to me. I wasn't saying no one found it funny. So again, chill.

i'm going to echo the anti-friends and yes, dear comments.

another one i hate: everybody loves raymond. there's not a character on this show i don't find annoying in some way.

If you made list of the ten most truly awful sitcoms of all-time, it would probably be a list of shows that got cancelled after less than a season, maybe even after just two or three episodes.

It's so true.

Like, twelve people listed Friends but no one even mentioned Joey. :lol:

It's too easy to choose sit-coms that were cancelled after their pilot, or just a few episodes.

I assumed the spirit of the thread was to choose sit-coms that aired for a bit but that we thought were bad despite avoiding cancellation.

Does anyone remember that show called "It's Like, You Know..." from around 1999 or 2000 that was about this guy who moved to Los Angeles and is trying to adjust? Jennifer Grey from Dirty Dancing was in it, playing herself, A.J. Langer (AKA Rayanne on My So-Called Life) and the bald guy who plays Charlotte's dude on Sex & the City were in it too.

Really funny show, especially if you knew L.A., but it was cancelled after one season I think. Oddly enough, when I was living in Paris a few years ago, it was shown regularly on television (with subtitles). I was so excited to see it but totally confused as well.

Friends is genius. How could anyone dislike it?

lol at Jerkstore.....George Costanza is a tragedy on legs.

Does anyone remember that show called "It's Like, You Know..." from around 1999 or 2000 that was about this guy who moved to Los Angeles and is trying to adjust? Jennifer Grey from Dirty Dancing was in it, playing herself, A.J. Langer (AKA Rayanne on My So-Called Life) and the bald guy who plays Charlotte's dude on Sex & the City were in it too.

Really funny show, especially if you knew L.A., but it was cancelled after one season I think. Oddly enough, when I was living in Paris a few years ago, it was shown regularly on television (with subtitles). I was so excited to see it but totally confused as well.

I do. Got a lot of attention for Grey playing herself.

I liked it a lot, and was bummed to see it go. Had been living in LA for just a few years at that point, so it was interesting to me.

Friends. how can such a poor sitcom be so popular?

there was a sitcom in the UK about 5 years ago called All About Me. literally the worst thing i've ever watched on TV. heaven knows how a 2nd and 3rd series got commissioned :|

i liked charles in charge.

it was better after the first family was fired and they made a new series out of a new family and buddy became really stupid. ohhh and nicole eggert! rAR!

Oh god, Everybody Loves Raymond.

Seriously. I can't bear that show.
THANK YOU.

really, any show that has a bitchy housewife who knows more than her husband, as do the kids...that's just automatically a shit sitcom in my book. not just because it's a stupid premise, but it's been done so fucking much that it shows the writers have no creativity.

Back
Top Bottom