The 10 Worst Sitcoms Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another overrated sitcom is The Cosby Show. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to strangle the worthless life from that little ragamuffin Rudy. The rest of them aren't much better. And that godawful intro where they dance around like fucking morons while "Cos" mugs for the camera. Fucking nauseating.

YouTube - Tv theme - The cosby show Season 2

Good one. I've tried, without success, to erase The Cosby Show from memory. The thing that annoyed me the most about it was the poor attempt at addressing current issues. I vividly remember Rudy being lectured by one of her painful older sisters to refer to white people as "caucasians." Who does that, seriously?

Rerun alone makes it better than the Cosby show.

dwayne.jpg

Hey hey hey!

I knew before I came in here that Friends would be mentioned numerously.

But the only I'd heard of was The Nanny.

George Lopez is terrible, and there was one I watched when I couldn't sleep a few months ago... I think it might have been called All in One, or something like that... anyway it had five teenage leads and it sucked so much balls.

Shockingly, that Rules of Engagement show I'm begining to warm to, despite the fact Patrick Warbutron is a brick wall and David Spade is now my least favourite actor ever,

There are several in the late 80's / early 90's that I remember watching and not thinking were very funny - I realize I was younger but still... Of The top of my head:

Golden Girls
Major Dad
Designing Women
Coach
Blossom

I just remembered one of the worst though, does anyone else remember Step By Step?

"Step by Step" (1991)

the fact that this piece of crap ran for 7 fucking seasons blows my mind...

1. Small Wonder (top of the muthafucking list)
2. Two guys, a girl and a pizza place :lol:
3. Small Wonder
3. The Nanny
4. Small Wonder
5. Charles In Charge
6. Small Wonder
7. Friends (after the first few seasons)
8 - 10. Small Wonder

My brother holds the opinion that Full House is not only the worst sitcom ever, but the worst program of any kind ever. I argue that Walker, Texas Ranger is worse...but that's not a sitcom.

To put his opinion of Full House in perspective...he once said of Who's The Boss?, a show he has little regard for, "This is Shakespeare compared to that crap[Full House]". That's how low his opinion of Full House is.

Here is the current daily weekday rotation on the ABC Family channel (and, no, I don't have to look it up...it's burned into my brain)

10 - 11 am - Gilmore Girls
11 am - Noon - Full House
Noon - 1 pm - Sister, Sister
1 pm - 2 pm - Sabrina the Teenage Witch
2 pm - 3 pm - Full House
3 pm - 4 pm - What I Like About You (starring Amanda Bynes, Jennie Garth, and Allison Munn :drool:)
4 pm - 5 pm - Gilmore Girls
5 pm - 6 pm - 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Hot Teenage Daughter (starring Kaley Cuoco)

Yes, yes, I have been known to watch this ENTIRE block of television without stop. Yes, that's right. Therefore, any show that appears within that block of ABC Family goodness is automatically eliminated from contention for "worst sitcom ever"

Thankyou.

Step by Step was cool. I had a huge crush on the 3 young female leads on that show back in the day.

If I can remember the opening title sequence correctly the actresses names were Christine Lakin, Staci Keanan, and Angela Watson...

Here is the current daily weekday rotation on the ABC Family channel (and, no, I don't have to look it up...it's burned into my brain)

10 - 11 am - Gilmore Girls
11 am - Noon - Full House
Noon - 1 pm - Sister, Sister
1 pm - 2 pm - Sabrina the Teenage Witch
2 pm - 3 pm - Full House
3 pm - 4 pm - What I Like About You (starring Amanda Bynes, Jennie Garth, and Allison Munn :drool:)
4 pm - 5 pm - Gilmore Girls
5 pm - 6 pm - 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Hot Teenage Daughter (starring Kaley Cuoco)

Yes, yes, I have been known to watch this ENTIRE block of television without stop. Yes, that's right. Therefore, any show that appears within that block of ABC Family goodness is automatically eliminated from contention for "worst sitcom ever"

Thankyou.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch is a great watch because Melissa Joan Hart is cute, and the whole time you're thinking "okay, does she have a lazy eye or NOT?!" It's really tough to tell (verdict: she does).

And that Gilmore 2-fer is really how I got into the show. If I was working in the afternoon, I'd catch the early episode; if I opened, I'd be back in time for the late one. I got addicted pretty fast, and am just now filling in the hole I had with Season 5. An odd place to end, and a nauseating one considering I'm just entering the Logan/L&DB courtship. I think when Rory gets busted for stealing the boat I'll be all caught up.

GAF, I don't know what your reaction to the Series Finale was, but let's just say things got a little dusty in the laz household.

Season 5 is, all things considered, my favorite GG season. I think it's the strongest overall...Luke and Lorelai begin dating...Rory is as cute as ever and is getting caught up in Logan's nihilistic lifestyle...Richard and Emily split up and then get back together...just some great writing. I think it also was the highest rated season for the WB.

Obviously Season 7 was the weakest season because of the sad and sudden departure of Amy and Dan Palladino. But it was still Gilmore Girls. These were the same characters that I had grown to love and care about...so I was still interested in what was happening in their lives.

I enjoyed the Series Finale. I thought it was touching how the whole town got together and threw that Bon Voyage party for Rory. My eyes were not dry, I'll say that.

Also, they came full circle...the very last shot of the series as the camera pulls away from Luke's diner to reveal Rory and Lorelai sitting at the table with the ever-watchful eye of Luke ready to serve them coffee is the EXACT same shot that closed out the Pilot episode. :heart:

I thought that was cool.

I'm going to jump in on this Gilmour Girls love as well. That's a cracking show.

The ABC Family lineup is similar here, but I'm not sure if we have Sister Sister. I think we might.

Season 5 is, all things considered, my favorite GG season. I think it's the strongest overall...Luke and Lorelai begin dating...Rory is as cute as ever and is getting caught up in Logan's nihilistic lifestyle...Richard and Emily split up and then get back together...just some great writing. I think it also was the highest rated season for the WB.

Obviously Season 7 was the weakest season because of the sad and sudden departure of Amy and Dan Palladino. But it was still Gilmore Girls. These were the same characters that I had grown to love and care about...so I was still interested in what was happening in their lives.

I enjoyed the Series Finale. I thought it was touching how the whole town got together and threw that Bon Voyage party for Rory. My eyes were not dry, I'll say that.

Also, they came full circle...the very last shot of the series as the camera pulls away from Luke's diner to reveal Rory and Lorelai sitting at the table with the ever-watchful eye of Luke ready to serve them coffee is the EXACT same shot that closed out the Pilot episode. :heart:

I thought that was cool.

That moment where Emily realizes that Lorelai wants to see her, even without the obligation, just shows how great of an actress Kelly Bishop is.

And also that line Rory says when Lorelai is helping her pack: "Mom, you've given me everything I need." Obvious, but note perfect.

The last season, to me, was actually a recovery from the one before it. I think the Palladinos made some awful choices (Lorelai back with Christopher) before they left, and David Rosenthal actually brought it back to a decent level of dignity in the home stretch.

Yeah, it's almost like Amy Palladino deliberately screwed over the show when she left. The show that she created and put her heart and soul into for six years. Not cool.

However, I do really enjoy the last episode they ever made...the season 6 finale where all the troubadours invade Stars Hollow. Good stuff.

Here's my list of the worst sitcoms ever in no particular order:

Family Ties
Saved By the Bell(how this ever past the 100th episode is beyond me)
Small Wonder
Gimme A Break
Facts of Life
Different Strokes
Family Matters
The Brady Bunch(The two big screen parodies got it right)
The Cosby Show
Three's A Company
Full House
Growing Pains

Wow, a couple Seinfeld fans. :wink:

Seriously though it isn't funny at all. I have seen a couple episodes and just terrible. It did not entertain or get me interested at all. I'm sorry but it is the worst show of all time. :down:

If you don't like sarcasm and irony you're probably not going to like Seinfeld, but that doesn't mean it's awful. You just don't "get" it. I don't "get" the Rolling Stones or The Eagles or Steely Dan, but I wouldn't say any of them are the worst band of all time*.

Yes, Dear actually makes me angry when I pass by it. Friends I didn't find that annoying. I thought it was ok, kinda funny at times, but extremely overrated.

Alf was pretty awful. I used to watch Small Wonder as a kid, ugh. And Charles in Charge rocked the house - Buddy Lembeck = Hero - so all ya'll haters need to step off the CiC hating tip.

*The Eagles.

Back
Top Bottom