The 10 Worst Sitcoms Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THANK YOU.

really, any show that has a bitchy housewife who knows more than her husband, as do the kids...that's just automatically a shit sitcom in my book. not just because it's a stupid premise, but it's been done so fucking much that it shows the writers have no creativity.

Yesss, finally, marry me!!! The stupid husband who's only interested in sports, the bitchy housewife, the overbearing mother(-in-law) and her emotionless husband. I really really really hate that show. :scream:

THANK YOU.

really, any show that has a bitchy housewife who knows more than her husband, as do the kids...that's just automatically a shit sitcom in my book. not just because it's a stupid premise, but it's been done so fucking much that it shows the writers have no creativity.

They should just call this kind of show a shitcom.

I'd throw King of Queens in that pile too.

Oh man! How did I forget Raymond?! Ray's character drives me up the fucking wall! How can a guy be this thick in the head? And his whiny self loathing brother! Half the time the jokes aren't even that funny. And still I watch the reruns sometimes when I got nothing better to do. :|

The only reason to ever watch Raymond:

n_boyle_dies_061213.300w.jpg

May he rest in peace.

Small Wonder has got to be considered, a sitcom about a family where the father creates an android sister for his little boy. The actress talks in a robotic voice; this thing has to be seen to be believed.

The intro:

YouTube - Small Wonder

And a segment to show you how truly awful it was; I defy you to get through more than the first minute:

YouTube - Small Wonder

I thought the pilot for "Small Wonder - The Later Years" had promise. What it lacked in editing it made up for with creative energy.

YouTube - Small Wonder - The Later Years

Special Comment on Cavemen: Whoever the writers for this show were totally missed the point. The Geico Cavemen commercials were laden with social commentary. If used probably, that premise in the form a sitcom could have been a relatively brilliant guise, a medium, for exploring racism and what it really means without resorting to the same old tired stereotypes about this race or that race(because we'd be looking at cavemen and not anyone from any real race) and without really offending anyone, and still be very funny. Unfortunately, the producers/writers of the show either completely missed the point, OR they thought a show like that would go right over the heads of most of America and so they should dumb it down. What we got was a run-of-the-mill, awful, unfunny 'single buddies' show except with Cavemen, that was dead in the water from the minute it started.

Are you saying that Cavemen could have been the most politically insightful show of our time?

THANK YOU.

And, on top of that, the humor is blunted and lacking in necessary wit. It just feels very bland.

Yesss, finally, marry me!!! The stupid husband who's only interested in sports, the bitchy housewife, the overbearing mother(-in-law) and her emotionless husband. I really really really hate that show. :scream:
:flirt:

here's the difference i see between the four most successful shows that follow this criteria, at least in the past few years, along with their (minor) differences:

- everybody loves raymond: oooh look, we were stupid enough to buy a house across the street from the husband's parents! and it includes an overbearing mother, and a wife who clearly doesn't get enough bow chicka wow wow to be perpetually bitchy.
- yes, dear: this one has an apparently wildly rich executive who appears to be castrated, even moreso than men in other shows. he literally has no balls. and he let his sister-in-law move in with her husband and kids.
- king of queens: ooh, this one's got a fat husband with a skinny, hot wife! however, in every episode he (typically) finds ways to fuck everything up while his wife comes in and saves the day...all within 23 minutes.
- still standing: another fat husband/skinny wife combo. however, in this one, both parents are portrayed as morons while the kids know everything. we get to hear stories like the wife going into labour during live aid, which frankly gives me nightmares.

:flirt:

here's the difference i see between the four most successful shows that follow this criteria, at least in the past few years, along with their (minor) differences:

- everybody loves raymond: oooh look, we were stupid enough to buy a house across the street from the husband's parents! and it includes an overbearing mother, and a wife who clearly doesn't get enough bow chicka wow wow to be perpetually bitchy.
- yes, dear: this one has an apparently wildly rich executive who appears to be castrated, even moreso than men in other shows. he literally has no balls. and he let his sister-in-law move in with her husband and kids.
- king of queens: ooh, this one's got a fat husband with a skinny, hot wife! however, in every episode he (typically) finds ways to fuck everything up while his wife comes in and saves the day...all within 23 minutes.
- still standing: another fat husband/skinny wife combo. however, in this one, both parents are portrayed as morons while the kids know everything. we get to hear stories like the wife going into labour during live aid, which frankly gives me nightmares.

I'd blame these guys:

flintstones.jpg

RalphAlice.jpg

Oh man! How did I forget Raymond?! Ray's character drives me up the fucking wall! How can a guy be this thick in the head? And his whiny self loathing brother! Half the time the jokes aren't even that funny. And still I watch the reruns sometimes when I got nothing better to do. :|

Me too. :reject:

I think the Fresh Prince hasn't been mentioned yet. It wins for cheese factor, but just the fact that it's on almost 24/7 makes it horrible in my book. :crack:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom