Thanksgiving is around the corner and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
We've had some stressful times around Interference lately, alot of us depressed, angry, sad...

I want to know from all of you...
What are you all most thankful for in your lives?

As for myself, My mother, my baby, my family, my friends, and my health.

I am thankful for being alive. My mother was 19 when she had me. She had some problems with her pregnancy I guess...The doctors kept insisting to abort me. They kept telling her I was nothing more than a big blood cot waiting to die. She fought for my life. She prayed to God that I would be born healthy. Sure enough, here I am. She told God if I was born alive, she would serve Him for the rest of her days. It took my mother 15 years to keep her end of the bargain. My hearing is half and half. I didnt learn to speak until I was 5 years old. My speech was/is affected by my hearing loss. Its not that much, after all, I can understand conversations, hear U2...things like that. Its a nerve deafness from what I was told when I was younger. I was taught night and day how to read write, speak, listen...all of it. My brother and sister are the best...they love me for who I am. All my friends here, and close to home...you all are just really great. I love you all.

There were some bad times in my life during my childhood and now, in the present. But I am thankful that I am alive. I have a roof over my head, running water, food in the fridge, and heat. My daughter Daisy...She brings me laughter and joy in my life. She's the one person I know who can understand me more than anyone in my life at times. She has a great sense of humor. She's just wonderful. It's hard for me to explain more...God is good to us. I am thankful for all of the above that I mentioned. I'd like to know what your all thankful for:)

Last edited:
I am thankful foooooor:

• Miss icelle and her daughter and their fine baking skills ;)
  • interference for opening the door to so many wonderful people, especially the person to be mentioned in my next bullet
  • ~unforgettableFOXfire~ for caring about me more than I ever knew anyone ever could or would. He lights my life constantly and he deserves some thanks for that. :heart: :kiss:
  • roommates. cos now she's studying and i can't type cos it's probably obnoxious to her. i'll be back later with the end to this post.

Nice thread!!

I am thankful for my boyfriend and the life we have built together.
I am thankful for my kitties
I am thankful for my health
I am thankful for my hearing to have music, and my sight to see the beauty that life has to offer.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Music. It's that simple. :love:
Family and friends
Birthdays :D
Having a roof over my head and food in the fridge
My friend Rob who has done so much for me in the past few months.. I love you forever :heart:

Last edited:
ok, now I can finish :D (I know you were all dying in anticipation)

• Opportunities I've been afforded, those to go to school and learn and have a chance at so many opportunities
  • my momma. She means the world to me.
  • and of course, music. Cos without that I certainly wouldn't be here :D

Icelle.. (I still want to call you nellie :huh:) :hug: That's an amazing story.. and a miricle that you are alive and well today.

I am thankful for

• My health
  • My family
  • My wonderful boyfriend that means more to me than anything :heart:
  • My job
  • All the things I have that I tend to take for granted like my warm apartment, my car, all the little things I have that others dont
  • This forum and all the awesome friends I've made here. I :heart: U2

I'm thankful that my brother is alive, even though he wont be home for Thanksgiving this year. :(

My fiance, my family, my friends...I'd literally be dead if it weren't for you guys. I love you all...thanks for dealing with my shit. I am beginning to see why you did all of the stuff that used to piss me off.

I don't have much more to say.

Last edited:
I just sat down with my son (age 8) and put together this list:

1. People in our life - family, friends, teachers and coaches
2. Where we live - a roof over our head, a school and a peaceful neighborhood
3. Things we do - swim team, piano and soccer
4. Things we have - food, books and a computer
5. God - going to church, Jesus in our heart, reading the bible and knowing God hears our prayers.

I can only add that I am thankful for all the wonderful people here at Interference.

I'm thankful for...

• My parents and family
  • My brother and his wife and the new baby they're going to bring into this world in May :heart:
  • My friends
  • My artistic ability
  • My job, my apartment and my car
  • My health
  • U2 and their music and bringing me together with so many good friends that I've met online here at Interference and at the concerts that I wouldn't have met otherwise
  • Freedom and safety
  • Being alive
  • and so many other things that there isn't enough room to write here

:hug: everyone

I am thankful for everything and everyone in my life right now. I am lucky to have what I've got, and I'm grateful for it because it could all change in a split second. I love living for the moment and taking things one day at a time.

cosmicgirl said:
I'm grateful for it because it could all change in a split second.

This is so true, and we forget that.

I'm thankful for my Mom, my relationship w/ God, my dog, my health-even though it could be a lot better, it could also be a lot worse.

I'm thankful for people who are kind to me and make me feel good about myself, for my ability to laugh, that I'm able to see and hear beautiful things.

I'm grateful for anything and everything, and anyone, that I have in my life.

Back
Top Bottom