Thanks Whiney Babies, you killed ......... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2002, 09:08 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:18 AM
wooooooooh!

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
cooooool! Ya learn something new every day.

oh and speaking of learning, I would like to announce that this afternoon I just took and passed (by a very good margin) the CLEP exam for Western Civilization II. Which basically means I get college credit for a class I'll never have to take. Yeeeeehaw!

great job sula!!

Old 07-30-2002, 09:12 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:18 AM

oooh, pretty. way to viggofy the thread, olive. Every thread needs some lovin'.

I'm really excited about my score because I was really not prepared (or didn't feel like I was). I needed a score of 50 to get credit, and I got a 69. So apparently I did something right. lol.

*goes off to polish up 42-page finance paper for turning in and to work on last distance education class*

Old 07-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #63
Kid A

Big Grin

I guess that means doctorwho shouldn't post anymore!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #64
Banned

Tuesday Bloody sunday

Oooo , oo-ooo
ooo - ooo

Let the king sing :

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Dont worry it will be back.. quit your damn whining already.

If this doesnt teach people a lesson then I'm going to take harsher action than just warning people.

BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF THE STUPID FIGHTING AND NAME CALLING AND ARGUING!! Just because its called Free Your Mind does not give people the right to talk so much trash. I dont see this much shit talked in any other forum. People need to learn how to DISCUSS and DEBATE in a calm matter or you lose your priveledge.. its that simple. Dont forget this is a U2 forum and supposably we are all U2 fans here.
hey now , in the naaaaame of .......
Old 07-30-2002, 09:45 PM   #65
Banned

Knight's round table

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
I guess that means doctorwho shouldn't post anymore!
and Sir of sirs : --- Achtung Bubba ----
Old 07-30-2002, 09:46 PM   #66
Kid A

it seems quite obvious they are all sexually-repressed, sicy, that's what's going on there
Old 07-30-2002, 09:48 PM   #67
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:18 AM
sexually repress this

Would you like to counsel them?
Old 07-30-2002, 10:12 PM   #68
Kid A

that's a job for deathbear, since apparently z edge can't service everyone
Old 07-30-2002, 10:25 PM   #69
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
that's a job for deathbear, since apparently z edge can't service everyone
True

I perfer muffins to hot dogs

_______

Old 07-30-2002, 10:32 PM   #70
Refugee

I do miss FYM. I understand that we could go to another forum for political discussion, etc. But since we all kind of know each other here(in a way), it makes debate more interesting. I think closing FYM for awhile is a good idea. If you only punish the people who acted up, the people who didn't act up will never learn that lesson as well at the peole who did act up. One thing I've always liked about this board is the fact that people DID discuss various things. I've been on other forums and you could barely tell that it was for an artist! At least here people do post in everything you know is wrong and other U2 related areas.
i guess it is good for all of us to get away from arguing for awhile. Honestly though, I almost liked the arguing(to a point) because people weren't afraid to offend anyone. People in real life just always seem more concernd about making someone else happy than sticking up for what they believe in.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:52 PM   #71
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 03:18 AM
Re: Thanks Whiney Babies, you killed .........

Quote:
Originally posted by deep in HELL
FYM. One member actually wrote something like "good close it down" Whine, whine, curse, curse, spout phoney patriotism, Joe McCarthy would be prond!
If you are talking about me, I think I said that "I won't lose any sleep if you close it down"

and I won't, I am going to sleep in a couple of minutes to be exact.

As far as phony patriotism, again if you are talking to or about me please clarify.

I am searching for the missing link
Old 07-30-2002, 11:15 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Huh? What did I....?

Did I do something that I didn't know I did?

Heh... This past week was the first time I went into FYM in a long time... Never felt like reading all those longwinded arguments in the first place.

Oh well... it's not like when I woke up this morning the end of the world came round.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:45 AM   #73
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
Punishing the whole Interference community for the actions of a few is NEVER going to fix this problem. There are ALWAYS going to be those people that resort to juvenile tactics when debating an issue. That's human nature. And having witnessed the level of education in most American schools I doubt it will ever change in my lifetime. At least change to a level that will make the more demanding scholars happy.

Bring it back! Or you'll upset those members that don't even want to hear about this stuff. It's better to have the FYM forum and have the animals duke it out in a confind area than to have them pissing off mainstream users in other forums like Everything You Know is Wrong and Lemonade Stand.
I agree. I enjoyed FYM, always interesting to get others point of view. I'm surprised that the Mods couldn't decide on a fairer way of punishing those that got out of control. Instead they decided to punish all of us? I don't quite understand the logic here...
Old 07-31-2002, 01:57 AM   #74
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:18 PM
I doubt it would be Sicy or Elvis trying to 'teach anyone a lesson' as such. The mods here aren't about teaching us how to write, how to be civil, how to argue in a calm way, the rules of debate are universal.
So what were they to do? People who abuse or misuse the board are reprimanded for their actions. Never do the mods treat anyone like naughty school kids. They have opinions, and they try to get their points across that some behaviour is not on. A solution is not to ban the people who do it, not yet, as usually arguments of such a nature are contained in that forum alone. The people involved in them do not often spread it further afield. It is accepted that words and posts are said out of anger and in the heat of the moment. It is an evironment that encourages differeing opinions to be brought forward. Sometimes, people can get too carried away and take a few steps too far.
There are not many stupid people here, it is really not on that such rules have to constantly be set down. We should use our heads. Before hitting submit reply, read over your post. Preview it even. What is the tone? How will it be taken by others? Keep these things in mind and there should never be any ridiculous personal attacks. It is quite possible to post an opinion and debate something with someone on the opposite end of the opinion scale without causing a cyber war.

As Sicy said, it is a temporary hiatus for all of us at Interference.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:05 AM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 10:18 AM
I liked FYM too, but sometimes where I wanted to say so much, express my opinions on lots of things, I felt restricted, because one of you out there would always try to get one over on me..................therefore never could feel I could comment without apologising for it first.

Freedom? what Freedom?