Thanks Whiney Babies, you killed .........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wooooooooh!

sulawesigirl4 said:
cooooool! Ya learn something new every day.

oh and speaking of learning, I would like to announce that this afternoon I just took and passed (by a very good margin) the CLEP exam for Western Civilization II. Which basically means I get college credit for a class I'll never have to take. Yeeeeehaw! :D

:up: :up: great job sula!!

Viggo.jpg

oooh, pretty. :heart: way to viggofy the thread, olive. Every thread needs some lovin'. :D

I'm really excited about my score because I was really not prepared (or didn't feel like I was). I needed a score of 50 to get credit, and I got a 69. :yes: So apparently I did something right. lol.

*goes off to polish up 42-page finance paper for turning in and to work on last distance education class*

Tuesday Bloody sunday

Oooo , oo-ooo
ooo - ooo

Let the king sing :

Sicy said:

Dont worry it will be back.. quit your damn whining already.

If this doesnt teach people a lesson then I'm going to take harsher action than just warning people.

BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF THE STUPID FIGHTING AND NAME CALLING AND ARGUING!! Just because its called Free Your Mind does not give people the right to talk so much trash. I dont see this much shit talked in any other forum. People need to learn how to DISCUSS and DEBATE in a calm matter or you lose your priveledge.. its that simple. Dont forget this is a U2 forum and supposably we are all U2 fans here.

hey now , in the naaaaame of .......

I do miss FYM. I understand that we could go to another forum for political discussion, etc. But since we all kind of know each other here(in a way), it makes debate more interesting. I think closing FYM for awhile is a good idea. If you only punish the people who acted up, the people who didn't act up will never learn that lesson as well at the peole who did act up. One thing I've always liked about this board is the fact that people DID discuss various things. I've been on other forums and you could barely tell that it was for an artist! At least here people do post in everything you know is wrong and other U2 related areas.
i guess it is good for all of us to get away from arguing for awhile. Honestly though, I almost liked the arguing(to a point) because people weren't afraid to offend anyone. People in real life just always seem more concernd about making someone else happy than sticking up for what they believe in.

deep in HELL said:
FYM. One member actually wrote something like "good close it down" Whine, whine, curse, curse, spout phoney patriotism, Joe McCarthy would be prond!

If you are talking about me, I think I said that "I won't lose any sleep if you close it down"

and I won't, I am going to sleep in a couple of minutes to be exact.

As far as phony patriotism, again if you are talking to or about me please clarify.

I am searching for the missing link

Huh? What did I....?

Did I do something that I didn't know I did? :silent:

Heh... This past week was the first time I went into FYM in a long time... Never felt like reading all those longwinded arguments in the first place.

Oh well... it's not like when I woke up this morning the end of the world came round.

Danospano said:
Punishing the whole Interference community for the actions of a few is NEVER going to fix this problem. There are ALWAYS going to be those people that resort to juvenile tactics when debating an issue. That's human nature. And having witnessed the level of education in most American schools I doubt it will ever change in my lifetime. At least change to a level that will make the more demanding scholars happy.

Bring it back! Or you'll upset those members that don't even want to hear about this stuff. It's better to have the FYM forum and have the animals duke it out in a confind area than to have them pissing off mainstream users in other forums like Everything You Know is Wrong and Lemonade Stand.

I agree. I enjoyed FYM, always interesting to get others point of view. I'm surprised that the Mods couldn't decide on a fairer way of punishing those that got out of control. Instead they decided to punish all of us? I don't quite understand the logic here...

I doubt it would be Sicy or Elvis trying to 'teach anyone a lesson' as such. The mods here aren't about teaching us how to write, how to be civil, how to argue in a calm way, the rules of debate are universal.
So what were they to do? People who abuse or misuse the board are reprimanded for their actions. Never do the mods treat anyone like naughty school kids. They have opinions, and they try to get their points across that some behaviour is not on. A solution is not to ban the people who do it, not yet, as usually arguments of such a nature are contained in that forum alone. The people involved in them do not often spread it further afield. It is accepted that words and posts are said out of anger and in the heat of the moment. It is an evironment that encourages differeing opinions to be brought forward. Sometimes, people can get too carried away and take a few steps too far.
There are not many stupid people here, it is really not on that such rules have to constantly be set down. We should use our heads. Before hitting submit reply, read over your post. Preview it even. What is the tone? How will it be taken by others? Keep these things in mind and there should never be any ridiculous personal attacks. It is quite possible to post an opinion and debate something with someone on the opposite end of the opinion scale without causing a cyber war.

As Sicy said, it is a temporary hiatus for all of us at Interference.

I liked FYM too, but sometimes where I wanted to say so much, express my opinions on lots of things, I felt restricted, because one of you out there would always try to get one over on me..................therefore never could feel I could comment without apologising for it first.

Freedom? what Freedom?

mad1 said:
I liked FYM too, but sometimes where I wanted to say so much, express my opinions on lots of things, I felt restricted, because one of you out there would always try to get one over on me..................therefore never could feel I could comment without apologising for it first.

Freedom? what Freedom?

Did you ever said this on FYM. This is very good reply.

It made me think,.....
:yes:

Danospano said:
Bono: "Charlie (that's the assistant's name), there's a lesson I've learned being a rock star with a conscience. Some fans like the happy tunes. Let's call them the McCartney's. Some like the tunes with a message. Let's call them the Lennon's. Then are the those that like the messages, but respect the lighter stuff. We'll call those fans the Harrisons. Are you getting the Beatle analogy?"

LMAO !

:lol: :yes: :evil: :yes: :lol:

ghetofabu said:

"Man fuck this I quit. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I'm out. PEACE!"

I am just pleased that I am not the only one who thought of that quote in reference to the issue at hand. Nice avatar too girl..

Can anyone tell me what happened??? I've been on vacation the past 2 1/2 weeks so I guess I missed everything. :scream:

Maddie I feel the same way you do...I skim FYM, and would like to post, yet it's that whole fear of being insulted and degraded personally for having an opinion. People treat each other so horribley in there sometimes.

:attn:Now I'm not saying that all of FYM is bad and evil and mean (I've posted in there every once in a while and was not lambasted), however I think some people have forgotten the principle of tolerance.

Yes it is okay to disagree with someone, but it is not okay to insult them because they believe something different from you.

:attn:Of course I am probably the last person to make a comment on FYM, since I hardly post in there. So I'll shut up now.

mad1 said:

Freedom? what Freedom?

:up:

I don't know if maddie, posted this, but I think some people expressed this kind of comments more than once, I agree with decition by the mods, and I look forward to a real FREE YOUR MIND forum.

:up:

maybe it is for the best that we take a break.....

link

Man Shot Dead over Heaven and Hell Argument
Tue Jul 30, 9:54 AM ET

GODLEY, Texas (Reuters) - An argument over who was going to heaven and who was going to hell ended with one Texas man shooting another to death with a shotgun, police said on Monday.

Johnny Joslin, 20 was allegedly shot by Clayton Frank Stoker, 21, on Sunday. The two had spent Saturday with two other men night bar hopping in Fort Worth, about 40 miles northeast of Godley.

Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford said a witness who was the designated driver for the group told police the four men were sitting at a table outside a trailer park after their night on the town and entered into an argument about religion. The talk became heated when the subject turned to who would go to heaven and who would go to hell.

Stoker said he would settle the argument and went into a house and returned with a shotgun, which he loaded and placed in his mouth, Alford said the witness reported.

"The victim Joslin then took the gun out of Stokers mouth, saying, 'If you have to shoot somebody, shoot me,'" Alford said, citing the witness report.

The shotgun went off, hitting Joslin in the chest and killing him.

Stoker, a Johnson County corrections officer, has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder, Alford said.

sheesh, spiral. that does hit close to home.

(btw, I'm so glad to see you're still here. :up: )

notiti said:

I am just pleased that I am not the only one who thought of that quote in reference to the issue at hand. Nice avatar too girl..

Well that is the first thing I thought of when it came to FYM. I hear all this pissing and moaning about it. I would go in there every once in a while and I would see how a topic would start and I would think to myself "hey that is a pretty articulate topic (even sometimes if I did not agree with it) I think I will mosey on in and have a look" but 9 times out of 10 it would detearate to a piss fest/personal attack party after 6 or 7 posts. If I wanted to see that petty, and callow activity I would have driven to the nearest high school during lunch.:yawn: :rolleyes:

Oh and I like your avatar as well. Faye is cool. :yes: :up:

I guess it should be called knock fest on further reflection. I have seen it first hand. I was posting a comment on a topic and some one replied with a knock on where I was living that had nothing to do with what the topic was. wtf is up with that??

Back
Top Bottom