Thanks Whiney Babies, you killed .........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spiral_Staircase said:
It must have happened in the last few hours, because it was here this morning. I am angry.

If the goal was to get FYM posters to leave Interference, I think it's working. Adios, Interland...

This was what I thought might happen. So many people just posted in the political forum. You rarely saw them in the forums that had much to do with the band or the music. I wondered what they were doing here in the first place. :eyebrow:

martha said:

This was what I thought might happen. So many people just posted in the political forum. You rarely saw them in the forums that had much to do with the band or the music. I wondered what they were doing here in the first place. :eyebrow:

Just for the record. I love these guys.

Band3.jpg

The other day... along with :shrug: and :cute:

I :heart: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well.. it looks like not many people care that fym is gone seeing as this thread has taken a turn off topic.

Sicy said:

Well.. it looks like not many people care that fym is gone seeing as this thread has taken a turn off topic.

oh hey Sicy! I didn't even notice that you added the dancing guy to the smilie list! ;) :D

I have to agree with the assumption that the closing of the "free your mind" thread will lose a lot of members.

It was the first place I went to, and I would frequently learn a lot about the world.

If the moderators would like this website to focus on the arbitrary aspects of life: crushes on U2 members, pop tarts, "Lemonade", etc etc, then they are doing a shame to what U2's music stands for.

I'm certain that U2's own frontman, Bono, would shake his head and give an embarassingly condesending laugh at the news of this news. (I can see him right now, getting the news)....--->

U2 assistant is charge of public relations: "Hey Bono, what's going on?

Bono: "Just trying to figure out the mess in Africa, how about you...how are YOU doing?"

U2 assistant: "Well, you'll never believe this, but you know how I'm suppose to check out what the fans are up to in fan sites, and stuff like that?"

Bono: "Yes, I love the fans. The fans are my bread and butter."

U2 assistant: "Well, here's the thing. You know how important current affairs are, right?"

Bono: "Right, go on."

U2 assistant: "RIGHT!, Well, as it turns out there's this website called Interference.com and they have this forum alotted specifically to the discussion of politics. religion and anything else that's going on in the "ADULT WORLD". Due to unknown reasons the moderators of the website. The ones who run the show, so to speak, got rid of it this morning.

Bono: "Good GOD, why!?!?!"

U2 Assistant: "Apparently people weren't compromising their beliefs. They weren't settling down and not concealing their opinions and dreams."

Bono: "But those are actions that I encourage every time I give an interview or speech. Dream out loud. Don't let the bastards drag you down....yadda yadda yadda. This is truly disturbing, and these moderators claim to be fans of my music? What a load of crap. This is all crap."

U2 Assistant: "I know Bono, I thought you'd like to know about how these hypocrites were distorting your whole outlook of life. Isn't that odd, that they would go to the trouble of setting up a website in your honor and then elminate a forum that deals with the subjects that interest you most?"

Bono: "Charlie (that's the assistant's name), there's a lesson I've learned being a rock star with a conscience. Some fans like the happy tunes. Let's call them the McCartney's. Some like the tunes with a message. Let's call them the Lennon's. Then are the those that like the messages, but respect the lighter stuff. We'll call those fans the Harrisons. Are you getting the Beatle analogy?"

U2 Assistant: "Bono you are so WISE!" :)

Bono: "Yes, I know....it's true."

(Bono sits back in his chair to endulge the admiration. 20 seconds go by when Charlie says...)

U2 Assistant: "Get on with it"

Bono: "Right, well that's the state of the world. Apparently these moderators are more concerned with the U2 that did "Mysterious Ways", "The Sweetest Thing", "Desire", and other ditties. Those of the fans that are getting the shaft by the closing of the current event forum, who like the rougher cuts like God Part II, Exit, Please, and Sunday Bloody Sunday are just going to have to go someplace else. It will make the forum kind of irrelevant, but there are enough teenie-boppers to fill an entire website, aren't there?

U2 Assistant: "Sadly, yes."

Bono: "So you wanna go get wasted? I've got some Bailey's in my closet?"

U2 assistant: "Hella yeah!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sicy said:

I love :dance: and :cute: and :shrug: but I do care about FYM. As a parent and a teacher I'm all for time outs though. Looking forward to seeing FYM back in the game soon.

Well, Dano...how do you think Bono would feel about the way several people go about trying to make a point in FYM?

FYM has had some wonderful debates...but I think people need to learn to respect other people's opinions and to debate in a civilized manner.

Punishing the whole Interference community for the actions of a few is NEVER going to fix this problem. There are ALWAYS going to be those people that resort to juvenile tactics when debating an issue. That's human nature. And having witnessed the level of education in most American schools I doubt it will ever change in my lifetime. At least change to a level that will make the more demanding scholars happy.

Bring it back! Or you'll upset those members that don't even want to hear about this stuff. It's better to have the FYM forum and have the animals duke it out in a confind area than to have them pissing off mainstream users in other forums like Everything You Know is Wrong and Lemonade Stand.

Danospano said:
Punishing the whole Interference community for the actions of a few is NEVER going to fix this problem. There are ALWAYS going to be those people that resort to juvenile tactics when debating an issue. That's human nature.

Well, it seems that juvenile tactics = juvenile punishment ("time out", as Sicy said).

Maybe some people will think twice before some of the things they post once FYM is back.

Really...we all need to respect each other and their opinions. THAT should be human nature.

Bonochick said:
Really...we all need to respect each other and their opinions. THAT should be human nature.

I agree BC...

I hardly ever visited FYM before because of the things that went on there :slant:

Yeah what Bonochick said.

Dont worry it will be back.. quit your damn whining already.

If this doesnt teach people a lesson then I'm going to take harsher action than just warning people.

BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF THE STUPID FIGHTING AND NAME CALLING AND ARGUING!! Just because its called Free Your Mind does not give people the right to talk so much trash. I dont see this much shit talked in any other forum. People need to learn how to DISCUSS and DEBATE in a calm matter or you lose your priveledge.. its that simple. Dont forget this is a U2 forum and supposably we are all U2 fans here.

BC, ABEL, you're right. It SHOULD be human nature, but it's NOT.

I've said my opinion. You can take it or leave it, just remember that's what I think.

*takes one of DrTeeth's beers*

Consider it a vacation, folks. No worries...it will be back. In the meantime, let's play tiddly-winks. (Actually, I don't even know if that's a real game...is it? :huh: )

:dance:

cooooool! Ya learn something new every day.

oh and speaking of learning, I would like to announce that this afternoon I just took and passed (by a very good margin) the CLEP exam for Western Civilization II. Which basically means I get college credit for a class I'll never have to take. Yeeeeehaw! :D

Ah well...I needed a break anyway from that place. I must admit that FYM had spiraled into nothing but personal insults. Issues pretty much became secondary to vendettas.

Well, during FYM's hiatus, I shall do other, more productive things. It's not the end of the world. It's a forum, for God's sake! I really hope none of you leave over something as silly as this, because I've enjoyed most all of your company, allies and opponents alike.

Everyone relax and spend some time with loved ones. I'm sure they've missed you all in your bickering...lol. :)

Melon

sulawesigirl4 said:

oh and speaking of learning, I would like to announce that this afternoon I just took and passed (by a very good margin) the CLEP exam for Western Civilization II. Which basically means I get college credit for a class I'll never have to take. Yeeeeehaw! :D

Good job, Sula.

i really don't see what the big deal about FYM going away for a bit is. i know a lot of members on here solely or mostly posted on that forum, but come on. this is a U2 site. sure, it's nice to not have to only talk about U2 here, but it's a U2 forum, and one should join a forum expecting to only be able to talk about that site's subject. if you want to have current events debates, why not go to cnn.com or something?

this is the only forum i've ever seen there be major problems in throughout the whole forum, so i'm honestly not surprised this happened. i'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner. i know a lot of the FYM posters will probably be pissed off at what i said. i believe martha said it best...

This was what I thought might happen. So many people just posted in the political forum. You rarely saw them in the forums that had much to do with the band or the music. I wondered what they were doing here in the first place.
this is a private forum. we don't even pay to be a member here. elvis and all the other admins/mods can have whatever forums on here they want. sure, i might be slightly disappointed that i can't talk about off-topic stuff anymore (like the LS topics), but i really can't get my knickers in a wad over it. there are other forums to discuss these things, and if i must discuss them, i can do it there.

Last edited:
once again, I agree with Khanada

:up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

this is a private forum. we don't even pay to be a member here. elvis and all the other admins/mods can have whatever forums on here they want.

Back
Top Bottom