Thanks to tests, I know how smart I am!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok. I'm in Advanced Placement Biology. It's an extremely difficult class that has been an uphill battle for me (a history kind of person) since day one. Day one started on the first day of summer last year when we were given our books and worksheets for SUMMER homework. My point: I have worked my ass off for this class for almost an entire year.

So that's the exposition, here's the story:

Today I took the test given in 1994. Pretty sure on a scale of 5 I got a 1. To get credit I need to get a 3. How can I be in a class for so long, know the material, then fail the test? Gah...I suck.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by Lilly:
How can I be in a class for so long, know the material, then fail the test? Gah...I suck.

Sounds as if the test doesn't represent the material from the lectures.

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Sounds as if the test doesn't represent the material from the lectures.

From what I remember, the AP Bio test was one of the worst ones. I think all the math/science ones are evil, though.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

is current content the same as it was in '94?
that seems odd, especially in a subject like bio.

The 1994 test probably just has a similiar format, not necessarily recent material. I don't know how the AP science test are set up, I've only taken a history and an English.

Don't stress about it Lilly. We know you're smart.
smile.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by kobayashi:
is current content the same as it was in '94?
that seems odd, especially in a subject like bio.

kobe, it's funny you mention the '94 test. Pretty sure that was the exact test I got the 1 on. Bah.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by Lilly:
kobe, it's funny you mention the '94 test. Pretty sure that was the exact test I got the 1 on. Bah.

Umm... Lilly... that's WHY Kobe mentioned it. In your first post you stated you took the '94 test and received a "1". Maybe this explains your grade. *joke*
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about those tests at all. Even though I went to high school sometime before Jesus, we still had AP classes and tests. I chose to take none of them as I simply did not feel my high school classes properly prepared me for them. This was a good decision. By taking the college classes (instead of skipping them), I learned SO much more. College classes go at a lightning pace (well, a good class will) compared to high school - so it's not a waste of your time to repeat biology or calculus, etc.

Back
Top Bottom