Thank you B&C - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2004, 04:57 AM   #1
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Thank you B&C

The other day I was trying to avoid being the cause of a 10 car pile up while putting in my Tori CD into the player and I got to thinking it was because of Joyful (I believe? Sorry if I am mistaken and you are not a fan), HG and foray that I had found such an increased appreciation for her.

Then I got to thinking it was cos of ole Heads I started paying attention to Dashboard. Also Modest Mouse.

HG and mofo with my much enthused treck down the Beasties path (long time casual fan, newbie stalker fan), also to both of them for finally almost getting banned from my local Sanity shop in my proving fruitless bid for this fucking SSX soundtrack which has now taken a record 4 months to arrive. And I still dont have it, and NO I am not going to cancel my order and they better not suggest this one more time as I want the goddamn cd after all this wait...

Where was I?

Fiona A. Thanks to my bg. Gem!

Kieran/Calluna. Many really artists. Aus hiphop has really broadened it's horizon though cos of you pair. Appreciated!

SkeeK you introduced me to the Dresden Dolls. Class. I love it, thank you.

This has turned a bit random, but there are quite a few artists/groups who I've not neseccarily never heard of, but have developed renewed appreciation of through here. I will add more if/when I remember and this thread hasn't died. I know there are some I've forgotten.

Anyone else had the same?

Old 12-04-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:25 AM
deathbear for Beck - fabulous album "sea change"

yertle & deathy for Blur... Infact I had liked Blur before..but because of that avatar...I got into Thinktank... think tank..wow..

meg, sula and other- for Doves..thought they were OK..

Mostly its the music channel or internet thats gets me into things

Recently I am impressed by Modest Mouse & Beta Band ..and its because of music channel

I recommend you Porcupine Tree & Magnet ( Evan Johansen) - bands little people know about..and really good band..

Old 12-04-2004, 07:09 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:25 AM
I think most of my music taste has been shaped by the Internet.

The first band I was massively into (relatively) was Pearl Jam, which I got introduced to four years ago on the boards at IGN. At the same time I also discovered U2. I also tried to like Dream Theater but they were bloody awful.

In the end I wound up here, didn't post for about six months, and somehow ingratiated myself into the community enough and in the meantime through the ICDE, other mix exchanges, general chatter, IWB's radio show and SkeeK's website (I must thank the Skeekster, it's fabulous) I've discovered more and more new groups.

I'd like to make a list but there's way too many people on it.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:37 AM   #4
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle

I'd like to make a list but there's way too many people on it.
Most definitely.

I'll say this though. The amount of albums I've bought, bands I've gotten into, and songs I've learned about from Bang and Clatter is flat out awesome. The little community we have here in this section of the forum is awesome. It's the thing that keeps me here.

Everyone here who has awesome taste in music, pat yourselves on the back. (you know who you are!)

(I like to say "awesome")

Awesome
Old 12-04-2004, 07:56 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
I think most of my music taste has been shaped by the Internet.

same here..because if it was shaped by my friends and colleague here...I would be listening to Bon Jovi, Metallica, Creed

instead of what i listen now..
Old 12-04-2004, 08:33 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:25 PM
Re: Thank you B&C

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
The other day I was trying to avoid being the cause of a 10 car pile up while putting in my Tori CD into the player and I got to thinking it was because of Joyful (I believe? Sorry if I am mistaken and you are not a fan), HG and foray that I had found such an increased appreciation for her.
Yep, I'm a huge Tori fan. Glad you're enjoying her! What record in particular had you warming up to her?

I can thank meegannie for Starsailor and Idlewild, to name just two.

And lots of people here for Sigur Ros.

And lots of people for lots of other stuff.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I think I have to thank all the Crowded House/Neil Finn fans here-all your constant talk about them and how great they are made me want to check out more from them, and I'm enjoying getting to know their music (same with Split Enz and the Finn Brothers stuff, too). I can easily see why you guys like them so much. So thanks. .

Angela
Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #8
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:25 PM

Meggie got me into Idlewild and Jesse Malin...cujo got me into The Music...Basstrap got me into Elliott Smith...

Those are just a few.

I love this place.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 12-04-2004, 10:24 AM   #9
Refugee

I wouldn't have ever picked up The Bends [and subsequently all Radiohead albums] if it wasn't for B&C. The Church [thanks indra], Bright Eyes, Ryan Adams, etc.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Angie, I'm so glad you like Tori now. I've been listening to her a lot lately. Guess I'm excited for her new album!

And if the SSX thing ever falls through, let me know, and mofo or I can find you a copy here and send it on over.

As for my feelings about B&C, I love this place so much. The friends I've made here are even better than all the music I've learned about. There are too many people to name names, but y'all know who you are.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:34 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Most definitely.

I'll say this though. The amount of albums I've bought, bands I've gotten into, and songs I've learned about from Bang and Clatter is flat out awesome. The little community we have here in this section of the forum is awesome. It's the thing that keeps me here.

Everyone here who has awesome taste in music, pat yourselves on the back. (you know who you are!)

I really like this thread.

Although I don't say much in this forum, I read most of the threads here and always visit. I like to lurk. I have a lot of appreciation for the folks who take the time to talk about new bands and new albums out. It really has introduced me to so many new artists. I am also really impressed by the folks who know so much about good music.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:25 PM
I've always loved Tori, but thanks to B&C I found two other girls just as crazy for her (hi HG and joyful! ).

Let's see here.... Thanks to my introducing BC to Ryan Adams, she in turn intrduced me to Jesse Malin, thanks to meggie I discovered the Doves (I don't know if she even remembers sending me their cd!), and thanks to Iris and Angel I discovered the beauty that is Damien Rice. I can't quite remember who else I have to thank for what, but I adore B&C.

Good times, good times...
Old 12-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #13
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Fiona A. Thanks to my bg. Gem!
a. harlem, you are missed.

class thread, class forum.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:38 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I've always loved Tori, but thanks to B&C I found two other girls just as crazy for her (hi HG and joyful! ).

Maybe I'll get to meet you and HG next year at a Tori and/or U2 show.

B&C is my favorite forum here (and I don't get in trouble like I do over in FYM). I check it everyday unless I'm on the road away from my computer. Only downside is that I've spent more money on new music (new to me, that is) in the last year than I have many previous years put together!

Glad to see you around, Angie.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:25 PM
A lot of times I was on the fence about buying new music, wasn't sure if I wanted it or not, and people here convinced me one way or the other. It's been mostly fruitful!