Texas, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from the sounds of it the show is more ending not because of the ratings drop (though that is one reason) but mostly because David E. Kelley doesn't care to make the show anymore. This is actually something he's quite famous for too, just tiring of his shows, and abruptly ending them. But this thing from TVGuide.com makes me feel a little better

Roush on Boston Legal
Question: Any insight, Matt, as to why Boston Legal is ending its run next season? I know it's not on your list of shows to watch, but it is on mine. Love the show, love its cast, and I'll be sorry to see it end, but I'm glad at least it's going out while it's still up there as a show to be enjoyed by many, and while it hasn't lost its edge.— Dorothy
Matt Roush: This appears to be a mutual decision between David E. Kelley and ABC, and letting the show end on its own timetable with its creator personally shepherding it to the end is why this is cause for thanks from fans rather than frustration. Here are some of ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson's statements on the issue when he met the press earlier this month: "David felt like he had 13 episodes left in him. He really wanted to end it. He really wanted to do some things with our two core characters. It was really his decision. I really like being able to know when shows are going out.... Let's let these creators who have created unbelievably compelling characters and iconic pieces of television, let's let them end it with dignity and integrity and, to me, compelling content. And we can market it as such. For us, it's an advantage. We really appreciate David signing up and getting excited about these final 13. We're talking about how to really sell them as the kind of final crescendo for what for us has been a terrific series." Personally, I'm not sure what "dignity" has to do with Boston Legal, but otherwise, all of this makes perfect sense to me. And as I've said before, I have no doubt that even with its limited final season, the show is likely to be back in the Emmy race again a year from now, delighting its fans and annoying its critics.

Guys, what do I do?

Do I have a shower and hope that some water helps things? Do I go to bed and hope this goes away overnight? Do I call the doctor? I don't know. I'm so distracted by how much this hurts.

Guys, what do I do?

Do I have a shower and hope that some water helps things? Do I go to bed and hope this goes away overnight? Do I call the doctor? I don't know. I'm so distracted by how much this hurts.

Try the shower, if no luck, doctor. It could be bad enough that you won't be able to sleep and nobody wins there.

Well from the sounds of it the show is more ending not because of the ratings drop (though that is one reason) but mostly because David E. Kelley doesn't care to make the show anymore. This is actually something he's quite famous for too, just tiring of his shows, and abruptly ending them. But this thing from TVGuide.com makes me feel a little better

Seems like a fair enough reason. Still highly disappointing.

Is it an infection, Ax? Getting water in there may not help, but maybe putting some heat on them... do you have a hot water bottle or a microwave heat pack or something?

Here's some more info Ian and anyone else interested

'Boston Legal' set for fifth season - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

'Boston Legal' Bowing Out - ABC series will finish after five seasons - Zap2it

Second one proves me wrong about the syndication number, they're going to make it after all. Also three characters aren't coming back next season, which really kinda sucks, since the show is terrible about sending off lovable characters with no explanations.

Urgh. Oh well. A bit of a "fuck you" to fans, but it seems as though that's something they're good at. I hate unexplained cast changes.

Is it an infection, Ax? Getting water in there may not help, but maybe putting some heat on them... do you have a hot water bottle or a microwave heat pack or something?

No, I have nothing like that.

Is there any swelling/inflammation around the earholes?

I think you should call a doctor...

No, it doesn't feel like any swelling. It was just majorly blocked earlier and it's progressed from just the discomfort of being blocked to being a very distracting, uncomfortable pain.

No, it doesn't feel like any swelling. It was just majorly blocked earlier and it's progressed from just the discomfort of being blocked to being a very distracting, uncomfortable pain.

I'm kinda having paranoia about pressure building up behind your eardrums or something.... :huh:

I'm kinda having paranoia about pressure building up behind your eardrums or something.... :huh:

Yeah, this is reminding me of my difficult plane descents. It wouldn't surprise me, given the sinusitis and stuff. Everything sounds muffled to me right now, and my ears have started to ring.

Sup Danny. :wave:

I'm not entirely sure what that could be, Ax - but I'm sorry that you've got it. Is there pain/irritance in your throat or nose every now and then, too? I mentioned this as my brother has had irregular pain with his jaw and sinuses over the past couple of years, which seem related.

I'm not entirely sure what that could be, Ax - but I'm sorry that you've got it. Is there pain/irritance in your throat or nose every now and then, too? Since they are often related.

I'm still getting over that flu, so I've a lingering cough and a blocked nose.

OK, I've called the doctor and they're coming to me when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom