Texas, Queensland Superthread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #151
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Hey Axver.
I read back a little, looks like I missed a bit since my absence yesterday!

How is/are your ear(s)?
Right now, the painkiller's kicked in, so I'm doing OK. I can still hear a very distracting ringing and sound is dulled, but I'm at least comfortable.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Right now, the painkiller's kicked in, so I'm doing OK. I can still hear a very distracting ringing and sound is dulled, but I'm at least comfortable.
Painkillers for the SuperWin!
Any idea what the problem is?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #153
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I can not understand why people want to do stuff like that. The quiznos I work at is a training store for people who want to open other Quiznos, and we had a guy working there who was Indian, and whenever you asked him how to pronounce his name, he was like, just call me Karl (or something, I don't remember the name) and I and a few other people would be like, no just tell us how to pronounce your name, we got it, we work with 5 Indians ya know. And he just kept insisting we call him Karl, and that REALLY pissed of Nipul, because he' quite proud of being Indian, and such. Seriously, Nipul pretty much hated this guy for that reason.
Huh, I've never encountered an Indian who's insisted on an English rather than an Indian name. The only Indians I've known with English names were given those names in the first place. In my experience, in Australia, it's mostly just east Asians who change their name.

But yeah, I just don't get it. Often they have great names too, and why would you want to ditch something unique and interesting to be John or whatever?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #154
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Painkillers for the SuperWin!
Any idea what the problem is?
Just a nasty infection. Hopefully the antibiotics will knock it on the head in the next couple of days.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Huh, I've never encountered an Indian who's insisted on an English rather than an Indian name. The only Indians I've known with English names were given those names in the first place. In my experience, in Australia, it's mostly just east Asians who change their name.

But yeah, I just don't get it. Often they have great names too, and why would you want to ditch something unique and interesting to be John or whatever?
He was the first and only Indian I've ever encountered doing that actually.

It seriously seems so wrong. I'm not going to move to another country and nativise my name, I wouldn't expect anyone to come here and do that either
Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #156
Vocal parasite

Quote:
He was the first and only Indian I've ever encountered doing that actually.

It seriously seems so wrong. I'm not going to move to another country and nativise my name, I wouldn't expect anyone to come here and do that either
I think it's especially sad when kids do it not because they really want to, but because their parents encourage them. I wonder if it's reflective of a perception that they'll face discrimination with a name from their own culture ...? But let's be honest, anybody who's going to be a racist fuck is going to be a racist fuck whether or not your name is Virender or John.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #157
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Just a nasty infection. Hopefully the antibiotics will knock it on the head in the next couple of days.
Hopefully!
You must be tired of being ill. First that flu, now a nasty infection! Get better soon!

Have I missed anything good in my absence?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #158
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I think it's especially sad when kids do it not because they really want to, but because their parents encourage them. I wonder if it's reflective of a perception that they'll face discrimination with a name from their own culture ...? But let's be honest, anybody who's going to be a racist fuck is going to be a racist fuck whether or not your name is Virender or John.
Feels to me like people would be MORE of a racist fuck if you did something like that, simply because people are evil
Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #159
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hopefully!
You must be tired of being ill. First that flu, now a nasty infection! Get better soon!

Have I missed anything good in my absence?
Yeah, I can't seem to catch a break right now! Hurrah for the painkillers at least.

And no, nothing much has happened at all. It's deadtastic.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Yeah, I can't seem to catch a break right now! Hurrah for the painkillers at least.

And no, nothing much has happened at all. It's deadtastic.
Painkillers are awesome.

One time I was prescribed them was when I had to get a tooth extraction done when I was 17. My mum kept telling me that it [the meds] were gonna knock me out. I was supposed to take one at night time if necessary for the pain, for this reason. However, they killed the pain and didn't knock me out ... instead they made me hyper as hell. I remember playing some Sonic game and I was doing all kinds of shit I couldn't do unmedicated.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 10:23 PM
I'm sorry for doing this but.... at thread title!

I can't believe there's a place named after a state!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #162
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Painkillers are awesome.

One time I was prescribed them was when I had to get a tooth extraction done when I was 17. My mum kept telling me that it [the meds] were gonna knock me out. I was supposed to take one at night time if necessary for the pain, for this reason. However, they killed the pain and didn't knock me out ... instead they made me hyper as hell. I remember playing some Sonic game and I was doing all kinds of shit I couldn't do unmedicated.

At least these don't seem to have done much to me except dull the pain. I did fall asleep straight after taking them, but I think that had more to do with my dodgy sleep last night than any drowsiness from the medication!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #163
Blue Crack Distributor

I think im having an asthma attack
Old 08-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #164
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

At least these don't seem to have done much to me except dull the pain. I did fall asleep straight after taking them, but I think that had more to do with my dodgy sleep last night than any drowsiness from the medication!
Heh, it's not a bad thing that it hasn't!
I do believe I told you about the loaf of bread incident, didn't I?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #165
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think im having an asthma attack
Do you use an inhaler or anything for them? Hope it passes!

Tags
superthread