Testje - VII - Just say no to the Magic Bootin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rono said:
What is this with the Testje women ? Is there a new virus ?
well I'm pleased to say that my hub has come home from work with tummy pains. Pleased because that eliminates my illness from being a female thing.
I posted your cards today Rono, I hope I did the right thing. After I said it I read my astrology advice in a magazine and it said something like "words meant in fun can be taken the wrong way.." :yikes:
stay well everyone :wave:

Otto is the best thing since sliced bread

well I take that back. He's fine this morning..I'm not :sad:
he always says he has the same symptoms as me, to try to prove I'm malingering. I wish I was.

realises she has this thread ALLLLLLLLLL to herself :macdevil: **runs around nekkid**
ouch! that hurt, **hobbles along slowly clutching a hot water bottle**
not quite the same is it? :laugh:

i just ate tacos :hyper:
from jack in the box.
my first 'real' food since saturday nite :lol:

:drool:

this is what I've got for the 'information in support of your application' bit of the application forms. I reckon it's a bit long winded....

I am keen to put my PR and marketing skills that I learnt during my time at Sara Lee Courtaulds and whilst studying for my CIM Certificate in Marketing to use within your organisation. I am flexible and reliable, and enjoy working with people on all levels, particularly enjoying diverse and creative tasks. As a result of requesting extra creative work at Sara Lee, I was asked to create an illustrated history of one of the company’s biggest brands – Pretty Polly. This task was something I particularly enjoyed, and one that utilised both my creative writing and PC skills. I have a high level of competence in Microsoft packages, including Powerpoint, Word and Excel. I also recently began to learn some basic desk top publishing skills using Apple Macintosh computers, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. After the Mackintosh operator left the company at Sara Lee, I took on the responsibility of creating posters, flyers and other display materials using the company’s CAD equipment. This was an exciting challenge, and one that I particularly enjoyed.

I believe I am well suited to this position, and my communication and marketing skills reflect this. I received my results from my CIM Certificate in Marketing in August, achieving a ‘Credit’. I am hard working, approachable and enthusiastic, with a desire to 'go the extra mile'. During my time at Powergen, I took on the task of training the whole Gas Registration team in the process of ‘file management’, which is inherent to the smooth running of the gas registration procedure. I was the sole expert in this field, and as such I independently devised and implemented a training package to be cascaded throughout the team. I am highly motivated and able to work with initiative, as illustrated by my solo world travel - I spent much of 2002 travelling around the world, and have just returned from spending a summer travelling and living in Ireland. I am now settled into life in Nottinghamshire, and am looking forward to starting a career here.

I am efficient and organised, and thrive when working under pressure and to deadlines. I take pleasure from working as a part of a team, and most of all, enjoying my job. Whilst at Sara Lee, one of my key responsibilities was assisting in the organisation of visuals and displays for trade shows, of which we had 5 a year. Booking photographers and models, organising stands and liasing with design agencies was inherent to my job, and something I enjoyed doing. I was always looking for more responsibility, and as a result I took on the task of reactive product placement within the press, and was keen to take over the pro-active side as well. I am passionate about marketing, and would be very excited to be given the chance to rise to new challenges within your organisation.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.................:blahblah:

I HATE JOB APPLICATION FORMS :scream:

Applications are the easy part. Interviews are what I hate. :no:

Bammo-for what it's worth, I think you did a good job. :up:

I always had a hard time talking about how I great I think I am for the job. I usually end up talking way too much.

i can't sleep :banghead:

and i'm supposed to be up in 3 hours :lol: :crazy:

i suppose listening to van halen to try to sleep isn't helping much :laugh:

i don't HAVE to be. it's all self imposed torture really.
i'm going to the hot air balloon festival.
i wanna see the dawn launch.
i was going to go friday afternoon but it was 96 degrees F (about um, 36 C if i remember correctly).
i can't sleep cuz i'm all excited about it. i go to the festival every year.

:hyper:

edit: i'm buying tickets for van halen later after the festival :hyper: (the concert is next week)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom