Testje, love and peace.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peeps,...
Some other quick impresions of America. :)

The people i met today where very friendly and warm, i am almost ashamed to be a cool stuborn dutchman . I start to enjoy the cardriving skills of ABEL . A lot of sightseeing :reject:

The jetleg still bother me a little but is going better :)

Hi Sandals :wave:

Hi Rono. It's great you and ABEL are having a grand time :hug:

:shh: Don`t tell ABEL

I was so positive about my walking skills,..so i ask. Darling, i will go with you to your work and will walk back ( it should take 15 minutes or so ) Well,....i got lost :up: Nice sightseeing,...all the building where look alikes :der: 1,5 hours later i found home :love:

Lucky for the people here,...they know there own place, i asked 4 people for derections,...they did not know either. :laugh:

BTW, Rono, a quick serious question here.
With which aircraft carrier did you fly to the USA?
Where did you book?

OK, that's 2 questions. :reject:

*not good at making decisions regarding flights :crack: *

Rono said:
:shh: Don`t tell ABEL

I was so positive about my walking skills,..so i ask. Darling, i will go with you to your work and will walk back ( it should take 15 minutes or so ) Well,....i got lost :up: Nice sightseeing,...all the building where look alikes :der: 1,5 hours later i found home :love:

Lucky for the people here,...they know there own place, i asked 4 people for derections,...they did not know either. :laugh:

I am currently reading up on compost heaps. Last year I wrote to the council when they were askign about suggestions for us to be a greener part of the country and when I suggested about the compost bins they give me one for free because a place in England were doing a trial run and giving certain councils a few 100 compost bins. Our council only got 100 and they were selling them but they delivered mine to the house one day - no charge! I had only filled it a little bit and then in a storm the lid blew off and I was too lazy to go out and fetch it for fear it had maybe landed near the river (which is past huge trees and quite steep to get near). Luckily it hadn't so I have been filling it with veg and fruit peelings for about 2 weeks and it's filling quite rapidly! 9I'ts a huge bin too). It's already starting to do it's job very well and I think there's a lot of heat being generated because today when I poured more stuff in it there was a lot of steam. We are being very green in our house these days. We now recycle all our food stuff like fruit and veg peelings and all our plastic bottles. We also have 2 extra bins - one for paper recycling and the other for garden waste to be recycled. Last month we were given a little box from Bryson house (a charity here) and we can recycle things in it like paper, textiles etc. Within a few days our little box was filled. :laugh: I hope that scheme catches on in Belfast (I live a mile outside it so we are with another council), I don't think they have those facilities yet but I'm not sure :hmm:

I'm boring today :huh:

We bought a composter when we moved into our house - 9 years ago. We have never used it :ohmy: I tend to use the garburetor more because it's easier and we have a bear problem. Yes, we have black bears in our neighbourhood who come around and eat what it is in our composters. We had to put our bird feeder away because they kept coming and breaking them to get the bird seed.

We don't have problems with bears

Have you ever been close to one? Do they come to your garden often?

We have frogs and hedgehogs in our garden, the hedgehogs (there is a family of them) live under huge hedges we share with our neighbours. One night I was walking home and in our neighbours garden there were 3 hedgehogs, when I was in our garden the next day there were 2 running up the garden (they're pretty fast) so I think they come into both our gardens. We also have mice here, a lot of my friends have had mice in their house/ sheds. We had a mouse problem once, builders came and didn't fix up where they were working in the kitchen (there was a gaping hole in the wall) and 2 got in. They were hiding behind the washing machine beside the sink and one was getting into the cupboard underneath the sink and eating the potatoes :yikes: My Mum summoned the builders back and made them board up the back of that cupboard and fix the hole.
They had to put mousetraps down but the mice kept eating everything off them and escaping so in the end they had to put down huge chunks of mars bars to keep them eating for longer. I was pretty upset by it all. :(

fah said:
We bought a composter when we moved into our house - 9 years ago. We have never used it :ohmy: I tend to use the garburetor more because it's easier and we have a bear problem. Yes, we have black bears in our neighbourhood who come around and eat what it is in our composters. We had to put our bird feeder away because they kept coming and breaking them to get the bird seed.

:hmm: any lions and tigers?

:D

No just bears (orignally I typed beers :laugh: ) and the occasional cougar.

We live really close to a huge Provincial Park/Forest and there were several bears who didn't even hibernate this winter because the food supply was so good.

And sorry, Doozer no lions and/or tigers but sometimes we have cougars :D

Hi peeps,...

Yesterday we had dinner with two of ABEL`s friends,..it was fun. Typical,...one Zwedish girl and one with a Spanish background. So who can explain to me what a real American is :lol: :sigh: i did not see an American husband yet,...they seems to love that thier wifes are going out so they are a evening off or something.
I want to get :drunk: and do some male bonding ( sp) :scream:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom