Temple Bar - they left the door open and Doozer walked right in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I'm a white girl from a white bread town. I don't do street well. :( And to boot, they're taking BET from my cable package next month, so I'll be even less believable when I imitate someone else being all urban. :sigh:

:lol:...damn when they scuttle BET, you're gonna be so W-H-I-T-E!!!

Yo, shorty we be cook wit ya..no worries...:no:

And I'm fine...back at work and all that stuff. I'm going to be going up to Chico (college town here) with my buddies this weekend...prime drunk posting situation :drunk:

VintagePunk said:
And to boot, they're taking BET from my cable package next month, so I'll be even less believable when I imitate someone else being all urban. :sigh:

You should march on the cable company and FIGHT THE POWER, like a good cracker woman. Tell them you learned in on BET. :D

I can't do it either. I'm as white as they come

I was actually thinking it must have been Reggie that said that

How many hours did you spend watching BET? :wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:lol:...damn when they scuttle BET, you're gonna be so W-H-I-T-E!!!

Yo, shorty we be cook wit ya..no worries...:no:

And I'm fine...back at work and all that stuff. I'm going to be going up to Chico (college town here) with my buddies this weekend...prime drunk posting situation :drunk:

Ooh, could be fun! :sexywink: As long as you don't do something lame like hang out with your real friends and forget your internet ones. :shifty:

Kat, I have to confess, I'm not a real big consumer of BET. :wink: It's being replaced with Turner Classic movies, and some other channel.

redkat said:

:love: he's got a one of a kind voice

It's like he's physically incapable of singing. Everything sounds like a shout or drunken rambling, and usually a combination of the two, but it's so friggin cool. Makes you want to get drunk and do Karaoke, and I abhor karaoke.

UberBeaver said:

It's like he's physically incapable of singing. Everything sounds like a shout or drunken rambling, and usually a combination of the two, but it's so friggin cool. Makes you want to get drunk and do Karaoke, and I abhor karaoke.

even the duets you think? He is singing in those but his voice is so rough which makes it more haunting and beautiful

I love his duets :heart:

do you have haunted?

Yes, Haunted is an amazing tune. The way Sinead sounds so angelic and pure and then barreling in comes this drunk all pissed off, but not really pissed off, he just sounds like he is. That's an awesome song.

I also like the Fairy Tale of NY (who is that woman?). He sorta sings there, but he sounds like, well, someone who woke up in the drunk tank. But that song her tone and voice sort of match his. They remind me of an old Irish couple from the 40s and 50s. Like my grandparents (if they had been more Irish).

It's a great song and live you should see Shane light up when she calls him a cheap lousy faggot :cute:

it's Kirsty Macoll who sung on If I should fall from grace

currently it's Jem Finer's (who co wrote the song) daughter that sings it with him live.

VintagePunk said:

Ooh, could be fun! :sexywink: As long as you don't do something lame like hang out with your real friends and forget your internet ones. :shifty:

Never...you guys are like the family and friends I never wanted...:shifty:

:wink:

And VP you could get multiple PMs (with very bad spelling) this weekend...:drool: Be prepared!!!

NSW....'Word to your mutha!'

I'm very white...but, was raised in The Bronx, which gives me immediate street cred....and allows me to say things like "Wuz crackin playa" and mean it. At times. If I feel using that part of my lexicon arsenal.

Beav, you'd love the neighborhood I was raised in/where my parents still live. 99% Irish, many straight from Ireland. They have an Irish Bakery and an Irish Deli, of all things...the cab company in town is called "Emerald Taxi" and, let's see, there are 7 bars on one steet over the span of just 2 blocks. :)

Reggie, you never PM me, sober or drunk.

One of these days I'll get drunk and PM all of you.

No spoken words said:
I'm very white...but, was raised in The Bronx, which gives me immediate street cred....and allows me to say things like "Wuz crackin playa" and mean it. At times. If I feel using that part of my lexicon arsenal.

Beav, you'd love the neighborhood I was raised in/where my parents still live. 99% Irish, many straight from Ireland. They have an Irish Bakery and an Irish Deli, of all things...the cab company in town is called "Emerald Taxi" and, let's see, there are 7 bars on one steet over the span of just 2 blocks. :)

Is that a threat? :hyper: :hyper:

No spoken words said:

First quite excited about the Irish deli and bakery :drool:

second: I know a lawyer raised in Huntington beach that talks like that :shifty: and another lawyer that got in trouble with the judge for using "what's up with that" during a trial :lol:

Third: I wanna pm

Back
Top Bottom