Temple Bar - they left the door open and Doozer walked right in - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #376
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
Hi reggie

April you're doing really well I had just as hard a time doing south beach as fasting.

I sucked this weekend - Chinese food, homemade brownies... But, I worked out everyday and those were really the only bad things I had, I stuck to things the rest of the time. And I can feel a slight difference.

I'm going to workout tonight after stopping by school to buy the rest of my books and hitting up the grocery store.

Hope you have a good run tonight - is there anything you can do to ensure you won't get sick, you know, having not eaten all day for two days?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #377
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog

Beav....trust me you're certifiably crazy...seriously.

Hey, Beav was it you who mentioned the Tube music channel sometime back? I just found it on my cable stations...good stuff!!!
That certificate you're reading is a fake, sorta, well, it was never signed by the Cheif of Neurological Disorders, therefor invalid. But how could he sign it? I mean being as how I ATE HIS FINGERS!!! HAHAHA. Mmmmm, fingers.

Yeah, the Tube is good. They do once in a while get into a really bad theme, like bad early 80s rock, an they'll play it for an hour straight. But I like it. They actually have videos.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #378
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog

Me too VP...and that's only because it was soooo cold this morning.
From where did you chip your 6 inches, Reg?

I would imagine that by the time a fast is over, you'd be grateful for table scraps.

How long are you guys doing this for?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #379
Blue Crack Distributor

April, what does your modified South Beach consist of?

I usually limit myself to 2 servings of starches per day, and then all of the fruits, vegetables and lean meats/fish I want. Works very well for me. I need to get back on track.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 PM
I won't get sick and I may not run as far.

I wish I'd read this before
http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=12...eight-loss.htm

So, does fasting have any place in a weight loss plan? Yes it does. Periodic fasting is one of the secrets of a long and healthy life. Our body’s digestive organs require a rest from time to time, just as we require days off from work. One-day fasting done in a methodical and regular manner provides the kind of rest that helps our digestive system, aids in the elimination of toxins from our body, and, yes, also helps us to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #381
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver

Yeah, the Tube is good. They do once in a while get into a really bad theme, like bad early 80s rock, an they'll play it for an hour straight. But I like it. They actually have videos.

Beav, be careful. That's like, Reggie's favorite genre.

:hides:
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm impressed with you guys for sticking with this!

I've been on my diet for 2 weeks now, and I have been very good. It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, which definitely helps.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #383

VP - I was going for 3 days, 72 hours, which means I can have dinner tomorrow.

Kat - I read stuff like that. One day fasts are good, but three days is good for a first run. I think I might try to do one day fasts here and here, maybe every two months or so. I like that it gives your body a chance to regroup.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
April, what does your modified South Beach consist of?

I usually limit myself to 2 servings of starches per day, and then all of the fruits, vegetables and lean meats/fish I want. Works very well for me. I need to get back on track.
Well, the first week (last week) I had only a few starches, as in, maybe two saltines with my soup and a whole wheat pita with peanut butter. That was it.

This week I am going back to more normal eating, like I had those breakfast cups (made an entire batch for the next week - it's made with egg substitute so no worries re: cholesterol) and have made salads with lots of protein and half-pita sandwiches with lean meat and cheese (no mayo or anything like that) for my lunches. I need more jello and string cheese, and I have no temptations left in the house as far as sweets go. I have the worst sweet tooth.

You can do it!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Beav, be careful. That's like, Reggie's favorite genre.

:hides:
lol, I oringally wrote "early 80s dance", then remember the Samantha Fox thing and changed it to "rock", meaning Foreinger and all that shit.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #386
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Well, the first week (last week) I had only a few starches, as in, maybe two saltines with my soup and a whole wheat pita with peanut butter. That was it.

This week I am going back to more normal eating, like I had those breakfast cups (made an entire batch for the next week - it's made with egg substitute so no worries re: cholesterol) and have made salads with lots of protein and half-pita sandwiches with lean meat and cheese (no mayo or anything like that) for my lunches. I need more jello and string cheese, and I have no temptations left in the house as far as sweets go. I have the worst sweet tooth.

You can do it!
My main problem is that I'm not a breakfast eater by nature, and it's really difficult to force myself to get into that routine. Of course, that leads to snacking all evening.

When I'm eating well, I have cereal, fat and sugar free yogurt and fruit for breakfast, a sandwich made with thin bread (2 slices = 1 of regular bread) piled high with tuna or chicken and tomato, lettuce, fat-free mayo) for lunch, and then whatever lean meat and veggies for dinner. I eat a lot of lean pork, which is healthier than most people think, as well as chicken. Not much red meat, maybe once every couple of weeks for that. Then snacks - more yogurt or fruit, sugar-free pudding, jello.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

Sounds good vp. I'm not a good breakfast eater either. If it's made in advance it makes it easier. How about a protein shake or something you can just drink on your way out?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #388
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
Beav, you're trying to entice me into something, and I won't go there...

And VP...I didn't chip as much as I used friction to warm up my 6 inches... I could've used another hand...

Hi kat...

Hi April...

Is tre still here, or is he frozen?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor

VP

If I don't eat breakfast before I leave the house I'm more prone to getting something bad later on, so I'm really trying to work on that.

I'll probably get some almonds later on for a snack.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
Sounds good vp. I'm not a good breakfast eater either. If it's made in advance it makes it easier. How about a protein shake or something you can just drink on your way out?
I'm not a big breakfast eater either, but I have been trying some protein shakes lately, and they're not that bad.