Temple Bar - they left the door open and Doozer walked right in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
The bottles are mostly for clients and such, but, we do down them with some frequency. I tend to stick to the water coolers, so I can wander by and hear what stupidity people are talking about at the water cooler. I should stop these people one day, in mid-chat and tell them that if they really want riveting conversation, they ought to go to interference.com post-haste and look for the Temple Bar....cos we have a Snowbunny and a Beav and a Dog and a Vintage Punk and a Pop Angel and a Kat that is Red and a Thora, etc....and we talk about sluts and Canada and sluts in Canada, etc.

Goodnight Thora!

They might send you for a psych consult :hmm:

Sorry for all you facing crappy weather. It's warming up here and the sun is out :dancing:

I'm fine though I admit I don't feel "great" at the moment..getting a headache, not sure how my run will go tonight either but I'm fine.

I stocked up on my healthy foods too. So when I go back to food hopefully I'll chose a health kick. Cottage cheese and spinach and they both actually sound good right now.:drool:

You're doing really well beav. Is this your first time?

redkat said:
I'm fine though I admit I don't feel "great" at the moment..getting a headache, not sure how my run will go tonight either but I'm fine.

I stocked up on my healthy foods too. So when I go back to food hopefully I'll chose a health kick. Cottage cheese and spinach and they both actually sound good right now.:drool:

You're doing really well beav. Is this your first time?

Nice (except for the headache part). Yeah, this is my first time doing this sort of thing. Good Friday used to kill me when we couldn't eat in the afternoon, or whatever that rule was. I think having screwed up my back actually helped, cause it keeps my mind off eating.

I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, but godamn that sounds good. With melba toast. Ugh, good stuff.

redkat said:
Hi reggie :wave:

April you're doing really well :up: I had just as hard a time doing south beach as fasting.

I sucked this weekend - Chinese food, homemade brownies... But, I worked out everyday and those were really the only bad things I had, I stuck to things the rest of the time. And I can feel a slight difference. :wink:

I'm going to workout tonight after stopping by school to buy the rest of my books and hitting up the grocery store.

Hope you have a good run tonight - is there anything you can do to ensure you won't get sick, you know, having not eaten all day for two days? :huh:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:scratch:

Beav....trust me you're certifiably crazy...seriously.

Hey, Beav was it you who mentioned the Tube music channel sometime back? I just found it on my cable stations...good stuff!!! :rockon:

That certificate you're reading is a fake, sorta, well, it was never signed by the Cheif of Neurological Disorders, therefor invalid. But how could he sign it? I mean being as how I ATE HIS FINGERS!!! HAHAHA. Mmmmm, fingers.

Yeah, the Tube is good. They do once in a while get into a really bad theme, like bad early 80s rock, an they'll play it for an hour straight. But I like it. They actually have videos.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:shifty:

Me too VP...and that's only because it was soooo cold this morning.

From where did you chip your 6 inches, Reg? :eyebrow:

I would imagine that by the time a fast is over, you'd be grateful for table scraps.

How long are you guys doing this for?

April, what does your modified South Beach consist of?

I usually limit myself to 2 servings of starches per day, and then all of the fruits, vegetables and lean meats/fish I want. Works very well for me. I need to get back on track. :sad:

I won't get sick and I may not run as far.

I wish I'd read this before
http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=121806_fasting-for-weight-loss.htm

So, does fasting have any place in a weight loss plan? Yes it does. Periodic fasting is one of the secrets of a long and healthy life. Our body’s digestive organs require a rest from time to time, just as we require days off from work. One-day fasting done in a methodical and regular manner provides the kind of rest that helps our digestive system, aids in the elimination of toxins from our body, and, yes, also helps us to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.

I'm impressed with you guys for sticking with this! :up:

I've been on my diet for 2 weeks now, and I have been very good. It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, which definitely helps.

VP - I was going for 3 days, 72 hours, which means I can have dinner tomorrow.

Kat - I read stuff like that. One day fasts are good, but three days is good for a first run. I think I might try to do one day fasts here and here, maybe every two months or so. I like that it gives your body a chance to regroup.

VintagePunk said:
April, what does your modified South Beach consist of?

I usually limit myself to 2 servings of starches per day, and then all of the fruits, vegetables and lean meats/fish I want. Works very well for me. I need to get back on track. :sad:

Well, the first week (last week) I had only a few starches, as in, maybe two saltines with my soup and a whole wheat pita with peanut butter. That was it.

This week I am going back to more normal eating, like I had those breakfast cups (made an entire batch for the next week - it's made with egg substitute so no worries re: cholesterol) and have made salads with lots of protein and half-pita sandwiches with lean meat and cheese (no mayo or anything like that) for my lunches. I need more jello and string cheese, and I have no temptations left in the house as far as sweets go. I have the worst sweet tooth. :reject:

You can do it! :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Well, the first week (last week) I had only a few starches, as in, maybe two saltines with my soup and a whole wheat pita with peanut butter. That was it.

This week I am going back to more normal eating, like I had those breakfast cups (made an entire batch for the next week - it's made with egg substitute so no worries re: cholesterol) and have made salads with lots of protein and half-pita sandwiches with lean meat and cheese (no mayo or anything like that) for my lunches. I need more jello and string cheese, and I have no temptations left in the house as far as sweets go. I have the worst sweet tooth. :reject:

You can do it! :up:

My main problem is that I'm not a breakfast eater by nature, and it's really difficult to force myself to get into that routine. Of course, that leads to snacking all evening. :angry:

When I'm eating well, I have cereal, fat and sugar free yogurt and fruit for breakfast, a sandwich made with thin bread (2 slices = 1 of regular bread) piled high with tuna or chicken and tomato, lettuce, fat-free mayo) for lunch, and then whatever lean meat and veggies for dinner. I eat a lot of lean pork, which is healthier than most people think, as well as chicken. Not much red meat, maybe once every couple of weeks for that. Then snacks - more yogurt or fruit, sugar-free pudding, jello.

Sounds good vp. I'm not a good breakfast eater either. If it's made in advance it makes it easier. How about a protein shake or something you can just drink on your way out?

UberBeaver said:
Yeah, the Tube is good. They do once in a while get into a really bad theme, like bad early 80s rock, an they'll play it for an hour straight. But I like it. They actually have videos.

Beav, you're trying to entice me into something, and I won't go there...:no:

:mad:

And VP...I didn't chip as much as I used friction to warm up my 6 inches...:shifty: I could've used another hand...:hmm:

Hi kat...:kiss:

Hi April...:flirt:

Is tre still here, or is he frozen? :scratch:

redkat said:
Sounds good vp. I'm not a good breakfast eater either. If it's made in advance it makes it easier. How about a protein shake or something you can just drink on your way out?

I'm not a big breakfast eater either, but I have been trying some protein shakes lately, and they're not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom