Temple Bar - they left the door open and Doozer walked right in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had food.

Work is insanity, Snow, thanks for asking..................I'm assuming that's why you are super busy, due to work? Why are you awake???

I'm wired and not going in till the afternoon tmw. I get most of my work done in the afternoon lately (when most of the staff are in - finding I can't leave them alone at the moment) so if I'm going to be there till 3am like most of last week, I'm not going in till a bit later.

Would it be really bad if I had some pretzels? I need something salty to combat the illness!!

So what type of feedback was eye opening for you?

I'd eat the pretzels. Wait, are you actually sick or did whatever you're drinking make you "sick"? Eat the pretzels either way.

3am. Wow. That reminds me of my first few years at this job. There were days I'd work straight until morning, go home and shower and change and come back in. Ah, youth.

Snow, do you really want an answer to that question? If you do, trust me, I'll provide an actual answer, but it'd be of length and probably not thread-worthy. If not, no worries, but I don't think there's a short way of replying.

I wouldn't ask If I wasn't interested. Besides, maybe I can take something from it for my own benefit.

And your on to me with the drink + illness. I had two of these things...the first was great but the second was too much creamyness. Back to water!

Yeah, I doubt you'd ask if not actually interested....I'll PM you in a day or two, if that's ok with you, and I'll tell you a bit about the process and what I learned, had confirmed, and am probably going to ignore/dismiss.

Water's awesome. That's so profound. "Water's awesome"....I should be in marketing. :)

I managed to annoy one of the guys at work into carrying cases of water from my car to my desk...Now I don't have to bring lots of bottles every day and still try to look dignified!!

Sounds good NSW :up:

Oh they do - fountains and vending machines. If I just have lots of bottles around I drink more. I don't like refilling them so I just buy cases of it.

We've got fountains and vending machines and we have bottles, too.

My company likes us hydrated. And enslaved. But the hydrated thing is a little more of an overt thing, thek keep the slavery part on, as the kids say, on the down low.

If we started providing individual bottles for everyone they would all of a sudden all drink 10 bottles a day each. Something like that, give them an inch they'll take a mile.

We're big on the enslaving thing. Not so down low about it either :D

The bottles are mostly for clients and such, but, we do down them with some frequency. I tend to stick to the water coolers, so I can wander by and hear what stupidity people are talking about at the water cooler. I should stop these people one day, in mid-chat and tell them that if they really want riveting conversation, they ought to go to interference.com post-haste and look for the Temple Bar....cos we have a Snowbunny and a Beav and a Dog and a Vintage Punk and a Pop Angel and a Kat that is Red and a Thora, etc....and we talk about sluts and Canada and sluts in Canada, etc.

Goodnight Thora!

It went really well, thanks. :) My bumper has to be replaced, but that's about it. Insurance has it all covered, plus my medication and any physio (if necessary), so that's a relief.

Must go to bed! :lol: I've had waaay too many late nights in a row, and even though we might have tomorrow off due to the weather, I still need the sleep.

Goodnight! :D

Ugh. I'm just too tired to clean off my car this morning. The conditions are pretty brutal, but I probably could get there eventually. I decided I don't feel like making the trek, so I told my boss I'd try to come in for the afternoon.

:yikes: More snow out there?

We only ended up getting an inch, if that...just a light dusting. Most of it came down as rain. As much as I bitch about the ice, I'd rather that than have mounds of snow to deal with.

Yup. It started snowing again late last night. It looks like it's stopped for the moment, but it's supposed to keep coming down until this afternoon. From the forecast I heard this morning, this is the last of the snow that we should have for a while - it's supposed to warm up and turn into rain. We'll see.

As much as I hate the rain, and the dreariness that comes with that, I'd much rather have the rain than all the snow and ice.

That's pretty much what it's been like here, Beav. Till yesterday, anyway. At the end of last week, you could go out with just a light jacket on.

Thora, you guys have it easy every year. Let us have a turn. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom