Temple Bar-Steaks are on the House!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Apparently, Snow's Hartford flight got cancelled, so they are driving to NYC. They're stopping for the night soon, and will arrive tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be on later to elaborate. She and P are 2 intrepid ladies, I'll give 'em that.

I had to look up "Intrepid". I thought it meant "big" and I was like, "WOW, That is fucked up, NSW. Fucked up." The only intrepid thing I know is the boat. However, it means resolutely courageous; fearless; slightly mental.

UberBeaver said:

I had to look up "Intrepid". I thought it meant "big" and I was like, "WOW, That is fucked up, NSW. Fucked up." The only intrepid thing I know is the boat. However, it means resolutely courageous; fearless; slightly mental.

You learn something new every day. You learned 2 things:

1) The definition of "intrepid"

and

2) Not to step to me

That's because you learn fast, Philbert. The bar is quiet, as some of the usual patrons are traveling. But, I'm here, and that's gotta count for something.

Phil, are you taking in the Madness? Cos I am. Got the bonus package from DirecTV, so I can watch any game at any time. That, Phil, is how I roll.

How are you? Worried about Prior's lack of velocity? Did you like any of the CD's I sent you!?!?!?!

Today, I have gone to school for the better part of the morning, and as soon as I could, I got home, sat on the couch, and watched a good 5-6 different games.

I don't ahve the bonus package, but they flip to different games fairly well on CBS.

Prior is always a concern. He is going to have to be smart and show some pin point control with the lower velocity. Like taking a chapter out of Jamie Moyer's book. Or even Maddux. It can be done...I'm just not sure if by Mark Prior. To be perfectly honest, I just want a full year for the guy. That alone would be a HUGE step.

GO OREGON!!! WINTHROP! and Virginia(only b/c I have a sweatshirt of theirs)!

Cd's!? UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you so friggin much.

Phil, the CDs? Did you like any? I need to know. Be honest, Phil, I can take it if you hated them all.

And, yes, CBS does a fairly good job of flipping around as best they can.

Oh. Wait. You ended up replying about the CDs. Was that there originally? Did I miss it? I'm crazy.

Yeah, i forgot that. Check the edit. :) I fixed it as soon as I could. I'm downloading some Dutch League soccer so the compy is a bit slower than usual at the moment. :D

I think there was one I didn't care for to be truthfully honest, but Mute Math, Muse and Doves are definately stand out cd's to me. Kasabian is good too. There's another one that I mix in with all the other stuff as well. It might have been 10,000 maniacs...but I don't think that was the cd that I don't really listen to much...meh. Overall, A+ for you !

I certainly did not expect you to like them all, but am glad to hear you liked most. Doves are my favorite of that group, for sure. You said "truthfully honest". That's a lot of truth and honesty, Phil. :)

Wait. You also said "downloading some Dutch League soccer".

:)

Thora, hello there.

Got Philk? said:
I did! I'm dutch and I want to get in touch with my heritage. :wink:

I love the olympics for the same reason. I love rooting for all the de vander van quacken koops in The Netherlands. :D

I'm a big fan of Johan Olav Koss. Koss is boss.

I love the Winter Olympics, I just do. Love watching sports I do not care or even know about under normal circumstances. Love Norway and Italy going at it every year in X-country skiing. Finland with their ski jumpers. The Dutch LOVE of speed skating. Great stuff. If you're a dork like me, that is.

Well, Phil, then you'll be pleased to know that one of my favorite athletes of all time is Eric Heiden, and I consider his performance at the 80 Olympics one of the greatest performances in sports history. 5 gold medals, 5 olympic records. Everything from 500m to 10,000m. That's insanity.

I remember Jansen very well. He actually does color commentary for NBC during the Winter Olympics now. I will admit to you that when he finally took gold in the 1,000 after finishing like 7th in the 500 in 1994, I cried.

Eric Heiden. :drool: Man, this is bringing back memories. Though, in 1980, I was 1 year pre-birth. ;)

Oh, me too. Dan Jansen was such a great story. One of my favorite memories of him was when he fell(imagine that) and some dumb ass commentator asked him "Dan, there are rumors that the ice is slippery this year. Do you care to comment?"

Dan Jansen, "Well, Ice is always slippery."
best response ever...

Heiden is one of the many team Dr.'s for the USA for the Olympics and he is, or at least was, team Dr. for the Sacramento Kings.

Jansen's story was just so heart breaking, how could you not be teary eyed when he finally came through.

You'd have to be a rock...or my wife...;)

In 4 years, I think I've seen her cry 3 times. She's a rock!

And I love her for it.

I gotta go watch some more bball. The tele is in the other room. I'll talk to you later! Good to talk to u again Mike. I'll try to get around the bar a litte more often!

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom