Temple Bar-Even if you cannot hear my voice I'll be right beside you dear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

I cannot say why, exactly, but I love this whole post.

I think it has something to do with the teenage dichotomy of innocence and experience, as well as an ability to fully relate with what she describes, coupled with a desire to be back in such a time when you could more fully participate in the journey. Or maybe that's just my take on it.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

F@*k Queensryche...those arty bastards!!!! Metal guys with ponytails...:madwife:

I never really could get into them. They had some good tunes here and there, but they were always one of those bands that was just too talented. I don't want talent, I want ROCK.

I'll take the the Pixies over Joe Satriani anyday.

Though Jimmy Page was extremely talented, and I love Zeppelin. Maybe it's cause his music wasn't pretentious. It just ROCKED. And that's what I'm all about. FUCKING. ROCK.

Last edited:
I am not a Queensryche fan, but, do have 2 songs of theirs on my Ipod. Don't like it? Come challenge me. Or not, please.

Zeppelin is far and away my favorite hard rock band of all time.

I want a bagel.

Death Valley Queen by Flogging Molly is an excellent song. And so is Turkish Song of the Damned by the Pogues (how do you make an Arabic song sound like Irish Folk? Amazing).

And Chartered Trips by Husker Du may be the finest rock song ever written.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

METAL....say it with me!!! :rockon:

70's Doom and Gloom Metal...80's Hair Metal...90's Death and Speed Metal....:rockon:

Nu Metal...:scratch:

I'm skered. :no:

Ok, so my dad calls and asks if it'd be ok if we go tomorrow night cause he's been out running all day. I say sure :angry: but now I have no plans tonight. If he would have added "go ask your mother" I would have felt like I was 12 again.

I'm hungry, it's raining outside and I wanted to go shopping tonight but now I'm all pissy so I probably won't.

Boo. :mad:

No spoken words said:

Amen to the Pixies, by the way.

San Francisco, RK.

Do you prefer RK? Kat? Red? R-kat? Kat-scan?

san francisco I haven't been there since I was 19 :drool:

no ones ever asked :)

I prefer kat
don't like rk
red is alright but i hated being called that as a kid
never heard r-kat or kat scan :hmm:

UberBeaver said:
Death Valley Queen by Flogging Molly is an excellent song. And so is Turkish Song of the Damned by the Pogues (how do you make an Arabic song sound like Irish Folk? Amazing).

I knew I liked you
:love:

UberBeaver said:

And Chartered Trips by Husker Du may be the finest rock song ever written.

I was in Minneapolis (my first time there( for business a few months ago and was thinking a lot about how The Replacements, Husker Du, Soul Asylum, Jimmy Jam and Prince were all from the area....and, this is dorky, but it was kind of cool to walk in the Skyway and hum that song to myself at the same time.

Yes, I am a fucking dork, so be it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'm skered. :no:

Ok, so my dad calls and asks if it'd be ok if we go tomorrow night cause he's been out running all day. I say sure :angry: but now I have no plans tonight. If he would have added "go ask your mother" I would have felt like I was 12 again.

I'm hungry, it's raining outside and I wanted to go shopping tonight but now I'm all pissy so I probably won't.

Boo. :mad:

That sucks! But he totally owes you now! :up:

I'm not busy. too bad we're REALLY far from each other

redkat said:

san francisco I haven't been there since I was 19 :drool:

no ones ever asked :)

I prefer kat
don't like rk
red is alright but i hated being called that as a kid
never heard r-kat or kat scan :hmm:

Then Kat it is, but, if Kat-scan grows on you, you let me know cos I'll toss that in there now and then just to change things up.

I love SF; a recent ex lived there, so I was back and forth a lot.

ETA - Sorry about that LMPA....watch a U2 DVD tonight.

I ran away to san.fran with a boyfriend when I was 18 we only stayed for a day but I got in a helluva lot of trouble for it.

That's a fun city, so full of life

No spoken words said:

I was in Minneapolis (my first time there( for business a few months ago and was thinking a lot about how The Replacements, Husker Du, Soul Asylum, Jimmy Jam and Prince were all from the area....and, this is dorky, but it was kind of cool to walk in the Skyway and hum that song to myself at the same time.

Yes, I am a fucking dork, so be it.

What song did you hum? Chartered Trips? I've never been to Minn, but it is cool how many cool bands came from there. I bet it's a cool place.

redkat said:
I ran away to san.fran with a boyfriend when I was 18 we only stayed for a day but I got in a helluva lot of trouble for it.

That's a fun city, so full of life

That sounds like an interesting story.

Being from NYC, I love having a vibrant city like SF so close to me....reminds me (and a lot of other people) of Boston.

UberBeaver said:

What song did you hum? Chartered Trips? I've never been to Minn, but it is cool how many cool bands came from there. I bet it's a cool place.

I hummed Skyway by the Replacements.

Cos I was in the Skyway.

Beav.

I liked the city, lucked out weather-wise. It was business so I did not have too much free time, but I did get to go out one night and do a little exploring the next afternoon.

UberBeaver said:

It is a cool place, the twin cities anyways. I went to college in a small town in minnesota. Not so cool but quite cold.

It is an interesting story nsw but I left those parts out :wink:

redkat said:

It is a cool place, the twin cities anyways. I went to college in a small town in minnesota. Not so cool but quite cold.

It is an interesting story nsw but I left those parts out :wink:

That's kind of what I meant...the untold part would likely be of interest....but, perhaps that's for another day in another thread. :)

I wanted to head over to St. Paul when I was there but lacked the time. :(

Part of my family is from st.paul so naturally we never go to the minneapolis side. I don't know the whole history I just know I'm supposed to stay in st.paul :)

redkat said:

That sucks! But he totally owes you now! :up:

I'm not busy. too bad we're REALLY far from each other

Oh, for real! And, if there is a shirt at the Gap I want tomorrow, guess who's paying? :D

Yes, I'm a brat. :wink:

That would be totally cool if we were closer. We'd have a blast. :yes:

I might head out and see if the final five eps from last year's 24 are at the video store, NSW. I saw only three eps from all of last year. I got into it over the summer through someone and went through four seasons in like 2, 3 months. :uhoh:

I hate not being super close to a real big city. Detroit is basically all it's not cracked up to be. There are a few cool little ones that make up for it, though.

I really want to be a New Yorker. :love: Maybe when I go I'll just never come back here.

:drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Oh, for real! And, if there is a shirt at the Gap I want tomorrow, guess who's paying? :D

Yes, I'm a brat. :wink:

That would be totally cool if we were closer. We'd have a blast. :yes:

I might head out and see if the final five eps from last year's 24 are at the video store, NSW. I saw only three eps from all of last year. I got into it over the summer through someone and went through four seasons in like 2, 3 months. :uhoh:

I hate not being super close to a real big city. Detroit is basically all it's not cracked up to be. There are a few cool little ones that make up for it, though.

I really want to be a New Yorker. :love: Maybe when I go I'll just never come back here.

:drool:

I just Fed Ex'd Season 5 of 24 to a friend yesterday....you could have had it if you'd mentioned this earlier!!! :) I watched the whole season over that xmas-NY stretch when not posting here. The best thing about that show is they somehow air 24 fucking episodes without one joke cracked, unreal.

I've been to Detroit a few times, and, will be there again for some focus groups as well as a visit to our affiliate this spring.

If I lived closer to me I'd have a blast. Wait. What?

I lived in MN for a year. It was an interesting time. My job was a bit crappy, but I had some fun times. I'm not fond of Minnesota in the winter though - :yikes: So cold!!

redkat said:
quick find out what else nsw has on dvd before he ships it off :wink:

Remember a few days ago, we talked about how I should make breathing a hobby because I manage to make my other hobbies too expensive? I love buying DVDs. A little too much.

redkat said:
quick find out what else nsw has on dvd before he ships it off :wink:

:lol:

No shit!

That would have been awesome, but if I had gotten it by tonight I can guarantee I'd have missed my first day of school cause watching those things one after another is like crack.

I got the first disc and thought "ok, I'll watch one or two if I like them tonight" and ended up finishing the entire season in one weekend. :reject:

Minnesota in the winter is pretty depressing

nsw I rarely buy dvd's because i don't like watching anything more than once. I keep meaning to try netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom