Temple Bar-Even if you cannot hear my voice I'll be right beside you dear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a thing on tv the other day that talked about eating 6 small meals a day, to send your metabolism into overdrive. I'm a little skeptical of fasting as a weight-loss method. :shrug: If it's done for general health reasons, that's different, I suppose.

Bri!! :hyper:

Where did NSW go? :sad:

the rockin edge said:

June/July. i'll put it on my list. :up:

Right on! :up: That's probably the best time to see Vancouver. There's usually a lot of great stuff going on in the city as well.

Mmmm... tacos! :drool: Must resist the temptation to make that for lunch today. :lol:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
I saw a thing on tv the other day that talked about eating 6 small meals a day, to send your metabolism into overdrive. I'm a little skeptical of fasting as a weight-loss method. :shrug: If it's done for general health reasons, that's different, I suppose.

Yeah, I read that too. By eating every few hours your metabolism is continuely working.

VintagePunk said:

Bri!! :hyper:

Where did NSW go? :sad:

Technically, fasting shouldn't/doesn't work as a weight loss method. You may lose it in the short run, but then biology kicks in. Your metabolism slows, when you eat again you store more fat, etc etc.

I would imagine the 6 meal a day thing would be far more effective.

VP!:hug:
I haven't seen you in FOREVER :angry:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Uber, you doin somethin for charity?

No, I don't like people enough to fast for them. :D I'm just doing it cause I was reading about and I got curious. Plus I could afford to lose a few. In the past 8 months I've gained more weight than my pregnant wife. Not good.

Dooz - thanks for the advice. Good points.

Kat - the only thing I ever heard about redheads is that they have vicious tempers. I'm not sure I agree with that.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Technically, fasting shouldn't/doesn't work as a weight loss method. You may lose it in the short run, but then biology kicks in. Your metabolism slows, when you eat again you store more fat, etc etc.

I would imagine the 6 meal a day thing would be far more effective.

VP!:hug:
I haven't seen you in FOREVER :angry:

I know!! Bad clone. :shame:

So how are you?? You've been ill? :(

UberBeaver said:

No, I don't like people enough to fast for them. :D I'm just doing it cause I was reading about and I got curious. Plus I could afford to lose a few. In the past 8 months I've gained more weight than my pregnant wife. Not good.

:lol:

Well good luck with that then.

Kat - the only thing I ever heard about redheads is that they have vicious tempers. I'm not sure I agree with that.
Really?

I only hear wonderful things about red heads...how witty and smart they are...

:shifty:

UberBeaver said:

we're sweet as can be :angel:

now weird things I can get upset for days about but I don't get mad AT people very often. Nor do most of the redheads I know.

I lived with two others in college and it was pleasant. Like bri said witty and smart :D

bye bri :hug: I thought she was in on the slutfest?

UberBeaver said:

Dooz - thanks for the advice. Good points.

That could be any woman, given the wrong situation. :hmm:

redkat said:

now weird things I can get upset for days about but I don't get mad AT people very often. Nor do most of the redheads I know.

I lived with two others in college and it was pleasant. Like bri said witty and smart :D

someone i know at work is scared of redheads, she said she had 2 people stalk her who were redheads so no she can't stand redheads. :laugh:

Hi Phil :wave: we won't hurt you

I agree fasting isn't gonna lead to long term weight loss. It does seem to jump start me though.
And since my diet is so poor to begin with... nothing but coffee till dinner then likely something processed or pure junk it can't be any worse.

I think it perks me up a bit, shrinks my stomach so i'm not as hungry and gets me back in my jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom