Temple Bar: Beav and Elfa's Excellent NY Adventure...MUYFA!?!?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh it was. the announcer's name was Loud Obnoxious.

Louden :)

I too crashed last night. VP what's happening to us :(

Yesterday was one of the most genuinely fun days I've had in a very, very long time. I actually can't remember the last time I had that much clean, innocent, no strings attached fun :D

We came third in the scavenger hunt despite starting 30 mins after everyone else, and were the only team to actually have no printed from the internet items (which I think is cheating), we went and took pictures of those things and killed ourselves running around the city. I think I committed every parking violation (except parking reserved for disabled people and expectant moms of course), it was interesting seeing cashiers faces in a few stores (yes, I really only need 6 coffee beans :) ) and lots of people were really helpful (random strange guy who didn't actually agree to do it but still let us put a dress on him in the middle of Western's campus when his girlfriend volunteered him lol).

W played other games etc. later, which was again lots of fun, and finished with a potuck :drool: and bonfire. I was ready for bed at 10 :reject:

Jillian and I won the best team name :The Fluffinators ( :happy: :angry:)
I had no say in it, and I hate it.

/recap of day that no one asked for.

Yesterday was one of the most genuinely fun days I've had in a very, very long time. I actually can't remember the last time I had that much clean, innocent, no strings attached fun :D

We came third in the scavenger hunt despite starting 30 mins after everyone else, and were the only team to actually have no printed from the internet items (which I think is cheating), we went and took pictures of those things and killed ourselves running around the city. I think I committed every parking violation (except parking reserved for disabled people and expectant moms of course), it was interesting seeing cashiers faces in a few stores (yes, I really only need 6 coffee beans :) ) and lots of people were really helpful (random strange guy who didn't actually agree to do it but still let us put a dress on him in the middle of Western's campus when his girlfriend volunteered him lol).

W played other games etc. later, which was again lots of fun, and finished with a potuck :drool: and bonfire. I was ready for bed at 10 :reject:

That sounds like a lot of fun! How many items did you have to get in total, and how long did it take you?

Amy, I went to bed early because I was tired.

I've spent this morning catching up on blog/internet reading that I usually do when I'm awake past 11.

That actually sounds awesome, at least to me.

I'd have never thought to ask how your scavenger hunt went, so I'm glad you posted this. Volunteering FTW.

That sounds like a lot of fun! How many items did you have to get in total, and how long did it take you?

Can't remember how many items, we didn't get them all, but there were four pages of stuff with about 20-25 items each. We were alotted 4 hours, so we had 3.5, and we absolutely could have used more time, but we did a great job with the time we had.

It wasn't a race to the finish, but you still had to be strategic, items that needed multiple things (the 6 beans for instance, or 2 water wings were worth multiple points, whereas driving out to one of the locations to get a picture with something was only worth one.

It's interesting to see who helps out and who doesn't - we had to hit up a dollar store for a couple of things, and the line was massive, Jillian went looking for some extra things and I pleaded with people to let me skip in front. Some people were miserable about it, and normally I'd have said, right fine, I'll stay where I am, but we really needed out of there or we'd face a time penalty when we got back, so I had to keep going. Then an old lady turned her back and pretended she couldn't hear me :D That was my one of my fave bits I think lol. It was totally an old lady "fuck off", good for her!!

I know the feeling beav, I soooo want to do amazing race even more now :)

That whole Kaiju thing was hilarious, just so fucking weird, and the fans were so into it :heart: Maybe there's something like that on in Nov :hmm:

Thora - are you in ALTA? aren't you having your no fun no sock puppets meetup today :angry:*

*this part of my post was sponsored by Pure Jealousy - Green In Its Finest Form

What up, pfan. Congrats on making the playoffs. Don't f it up this time. Your city needs a championship, man.

I just checked the dates for Kaiju, but I don't see anything past August. What a surreal thing that was.

What up, pfan. Congrats on making the playoffs. Don't f it up this time. Your city needs a championship, man.

I just checked the dates for Kaiju, but I don't see anything past August. What a surreal thing that was.

Yeah, I'd love to see the look on P's face at something like that. She'd talk about it forever :cute:

There's an islanders game on the Saturday, also men in costumes pretending they are fit and able for battle - we could watch that if no Kaiju gets scheduled :helpful:

Ah, Louden. That's awesome you remember that. Good times :heart:
Your scavenger hunt sounds awesome. I haven't done anything that cool since college. Was this with people at work? And you know, you could've requested a sock puppet, or even a lollipop head. :tsk:

Have fun Thora & Kaf!

Beav - I hope they didn't just stop doing them altogether. They seemed to have a pretty big following. I don't think something like Kaijuu could ever get old. I'd be all about going again. I still have my Dr. Cube shirt.
What time do you wanna do lunch on Sat? 11? 12? The earlier the better. I'll be driving in, so I can meet you anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom