Tell me why you're here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am:

1) Talking to my sister, her boyfriend and an irish friend on MSN
2) Listening to music
3)Watching telly ( Not really. It's just on, but I'm not paying attention)
4) Drinking tonic water and eating ice cream
5) Looking at the Dublin mountains

Re: Here it is!

martha said:
It's from Sunset magazine. There, I won't get sued now.

Coconut Scones

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a cookie sheet (the kind without edges works best).

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup raspberry jam (or cherry jam)

Ideally, the milk and eggs should be room temperature.

1. In a large bowl, mix flour, coconut, oats, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs.

2. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk to blend. Reserve one tablespoon of this mixture, then stir remaining mixture into flour mixture. Stir only until evenly moistened.

3. Scrape dough directly onto buttered cookie sheet. With lightly floured hands, pat the dough into an 8 inch round. With floured knife, cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate wedges. Brush the top of the round with the reserved egg mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.

4. Make a 1 inch diameter depression on top of each wedge and fill each with about 1/2 tablespoon of jam.

5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the 375 degree oven. Recut scones to separate and serve, or transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

This is my favorite scone recipe! :heart: This last batch was perfect. I used raw sugar for the topping, and they are ever so slighly crunchy!
:hyper: Martha...thank u so much for posting the recipe!!! You rock, girl!! :drool:
:reject:Does it matter if I don't have a pastry blender thingy? :reject:
something tells me I should get one...
:heart: ya, Martha!!!

A pastry blender

t8_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom