Tell me what to download.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
on two seperate occasions, one of them being today...my music folders disappeared from my computer. one of them was my u2 folder, had all my mp3's, boots, 2 vcd's...then the other one, was my misc. folder filled with other great songs by other bands.

i have no problem redoing my u2 folder, as i have burned most of them to cd, and i have some that were mailed to me awhile ago this year, and last year by none other than sicy, u2lynne, and jesseu2. they rock. sorry if i forgot anybody else.

my big problem is, i need my other music back. my classic rock collection that i had just started to download 2 days ago. i need to know what you guys listen to. im clueless on what to download. male and female artists, bands...i want them all. ive started with led zeppelin, some t rex, and others i cant remember.

tell me what you like...what i should download?

okay...*thinks*

- fleetwood mac stuff like rhiannon, dreams, just look on their greatest hits for inspiration.
- maybe some queen?

damnit, i listen to a classic rock station all the damn time and now that you're asking me what kind of stuff is the best i'm drawing a blank. but seriously, download itunes. even if you don't want to pay for your music, they have free radio stations, several of which deal with classic rock and stuff. you could at least listen to those and get an idea of what kinda things you like and would want.

Jam - Town called Malice

Thats good :hmm:

Thin Lizzy - Boys are back in town, Whiskey in the Jar

Boomtown Rats :heart: - Rat Trap

Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster

Thats all I can think of, sorry.

yea loads of stuff from the jam.

down in the tube station at midnight
'a' bomb in wardour street
the eton rifles
london girl
start!
going underground
liza radley
english rose
the modern world
all mod cons

if iwb wanders in here i know she'll recommend loads of clash but other than safe european home which has suddenly become my favourite favourite favourite song ever i can't for the life of me know how to narrow a list down.

What about the Doors? I hear them a lot when I listen to our local classic rock station.

To add to yertle's list of The Jam songs--That's Entertainment

Classic Rock:

Led Zeppelin
The Doors
The Who
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath (if you're into that sort of thing)
The Eagles (not my favorite, but they're still pretty dang good)

Do you want to know what songs to check out?

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
yea loads of stuff from the jam.

down in the tube station at midnight
'a' bomb in wardour street
the eton rifles
london girl
start!
going underground
liza radley
english rose
the modern world
all mod cons

if iwb wanders in here i know she'll recommend loads of clash but other than safe european home which has suddenly become my favourite favourite favourite song ever i can't for the life of me know how to narrow a list down.

*wandering into the thread*

yeah, recommending clash songs was exactly what i was going to do, since they're the closest thing to classical rock that i've got any knowledge on.

'safe european home' :up: fucking great song, of course.

i can't really narrow down a list. one, cos it's the clash. two, because i don't want to sound like i'm talking down to you. icelle, i dn't know what clash songs you know/like/don't like.

safe european home (like yertle said, it really is a fucking great song)
white man in hammersmith palais
death or glory
rudie can't fail
straight to hell
guns of brixton
complete control
capital radio two
bankrobber
garageland
pressure drop
london calling
brand new cadillac
spanish bombs
lost in the supermarket
clampdown
the card cheat
tommy gun
english civil war
all the young punks
train in vain
i'm not down
revolution rock
washington bullets
police on my back
magnificent seven
the call up
somebody got murdered
broadway
this is radio clash
know your rights

and i guess i can't leave off these two...but i'm assuming you know them:
rock the casbah
should i stay or should i go

yertle -- you forgot the Jam's Town Called Malice.

nice clash list. if you want to screw downloading all that, I would suggest the Essential Clash 2 disc set. it was recommending here and rules.

crap there are plenty others i'd like to add to that list...i'll restrain myself

i know it's not classic rock, but i can't get out of here without telling you to check out joe strummer & the mescaleros. anything off streetcore, and anything except 'the gamma ray' (although you might like it) off 'global a go-go'. yalla yalla, tony adams and x-ray style rock off of 'rock art and the x-ray style', but i've never been able to track down a copy of that album...so that's all iknow.

and you can't go wrong with the pogues :D

actually, here's some reccomended pogues songs for you:
fiesta (i'm throwing that in in case lara mullen left it off her list, cos i know she likes that one, i think salome does too)
the body of an american
thousands are sailing
the broad majestic shannon
sally maclennane
dark streets of london
transmetropolitan
boys from the county hell
streams of whiskey
if i should fall from grace with god
turkish song of the damned
the battle of brisbane (instrumental)
sunny side of the street
rain street
hell's ditch
young ned of the hill
streets of sorrow/ the birmingham six
bottle of smoke
fairytale of ny
south australia

sharky said:

nice clash list. if you want to screw downloading all that, I would suggest the Essential Clash 2 disc set. it was recommending here and rules.

it's got a great tracklisting and all, but honestly, i'd have to say just pick up the u.s. version of the self-titled album and london calling instead. cos you're going to want to eventually buy the albums, right?

sharky said:

I got that :|

Marc Bolan - 20th century boy.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

Boomtown Rats - She's So Modern.
this is great :love:

Back
Top Bottom