tell me are you fuckin' high??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
are there any songs that you love, even though you find the lyrics to be objectionable or they simply do not exactly fit who you are?

i love that buckcherry song "lit up," they basically sucked as a band, but that song kicked some serious fucking ass old boy :angry:

yes i'm all lit up again...

i love the cocaine, i love the cocaine...

chop a line for the fiendin' man cause he wants one...

if you wanna get down, down on the ground...

yeah i love the cocaine, i love the co-caine

You never were expendable
you always made me feel alive

i'm leeeeaving...

:sexywink:

I think this is another PCP thread, in a subliminal sort of way.

Did you know that Elton John's 'Rocket Man' is actually about getting a speedball in your head? He doesn't really work on Mars at all, he just thinks he does. All those burst blood vessels in the eyeballs. Not to mention the wonderful irony of his 'Coke is it!!' ads about a decade ago. Yeah, coke is it. Right.

Black Black Black Black and Blue Blue Blue Blue
And who knows which is which and who is who
Up Up Up Up and Down Down Down Down
But in the end it's only round and round

like it would be a give 'em a quick short,
sharp, shock, and you can't trust the eagles that wallow by that them er stream they won't do it again. Dig it?

Sadly, I'm not fuckin' high, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely love "Under My Thumb" even though the lyrics are pretty objectionable.

Kieran McConville said:
Not to mention the wonderful irony of his 'Coke is it!!' ads about a decade ago. Yeah, coke is it. Right.
i remember his late 80s diet coke ads with paula abdul. eek, i can still remember a lot of the song they sang too. but i think that's mostly because i have a lot of old tapes taped off of tv, which of course include commercials, so when i watch like the charlie brown christmas special, i see old mounds/almond joy ads, those shredded wheat cereals with fruit (that was on the halloween special tape, lol), etc.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
No drugs for me till the 5th.
hehe, same for my mom. she's getting outpatient surgery done that day, and she'll be so doped up from the valium, novacaine (or whatever local anesthetic they give her), and pain killers, i know i'll be driving her home. and we get to go to my most favourite restaurant, pf chang's, and the day after that, we're picking up the dishwasher i got my parents for christmas. at least it'll be a fun weekend for me, which is good. i have exams starting on the 6th. :madspit:

but out-of-character songs for me, well, i used to like the omg so angtsy crap in like 98. korn, limp bizkit, etc. but not anymore. i guess now it's the occasional top 40 song. the only new songs i have on my comp are like one song by anastacia, norah jones, and santana with michelle branch.

given that i H-A-T-E HATE pop crap on the radio now, three songs in a row is a shocker. but anastacia reminds me of taylor dayne, who is 80s so it makes that all right. norah jones is more like jazz even though non-jazz stations play her song and i loooove jazz so that's all right. and santana with michelle branch, well, i liked santana more before he started doing the duets with famous people, but this new song is good. i don't like her, but her voice is pretty good in this song. although, the song is a bit too cliched at some points, so i usually just listen to the beginning (the chorus is lame, and the end where like the music stops and you're supposed to clap or something is just a thousand cliches) of it. :laugh:

other than that, i listen to my usual 80s synth pop, 70s pre-new wave (like japan, roxy music, etc.), and late 80s sleek pop (think of songs like johnny hates jazz's shattered dreams to know what i'm talking about).

Sparkysgrrrl said:
There has to be a Ronald McDonald ice skating one in there too, or I feel like I've missed something at Christmas.
:laugh: i know what you mean! especially since they were taped on our old vcr, sometimes it'll like :huh: all of a sudden. i love the emmitt otter jugband movie special thingie (can't remember its exact name now, lol) and we'd watch it every christmas. it was a copy taped from tv from like 1985 or something. this one part got all weird. then last year, we snagged an actual copy, so no more fuck ups. then, it came time for when the fuck up would be there on the taped version, and it wasn't there! it was funny after like 10+ years to all of a sudden have a normal copy. :laugh:

and the old commercials make me reminisce, especially if it's for a product they don't make anymore. shredded wheat is all right, they need to bring back that fruit stuffed cereals. :mad:

I see old commercials for Glints and I get mad, that stuff was awesome, best purple/black hair colour out there :mad:
That and a REALLY old Almay commercial with Mia Jovovich....it made Almay look like Barbie make-up it was all pink and white and very80's

I don't know why I said Mia...I know her name's Milla :der:
I found pics! hahaha
adalmay001.jpg

adalmay002.jpg

holy God...this was 93???
Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom