tell me all you can about belle and sebastian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I only have like 5 mp3s (If You're Feeling Sinister, Like Dylan In The Movies, Seeing Other People, Stars Of Track And Field and The Boy With The Arab Strap), but I like what I've heard so far. Very interesting stuff.

i thought they were from scotland. i don't even know if i know that though...

pretty sure they are from Scotland. I like what stuff of theirs I have heard, although it is too mellow for some tastes. Also, I do believe that one or more of the members are also involved in a band called Looper.

They are indeed from Scotland.

There are seven people in the band.

The name is from the French novel Belle et Sebastian which was adapted into a cartoon of the same name (shown in the US on Nickelodeon in the early '80s):
BELLE-S1.jpg

They did the soundtrack for the 2001 movie Storytelling.

And most importantly.... the amazingly brilliant Swedish band Granada has toured with them.

They are Scottish.

I own their album, 'If You're Feeling Sinister'. It's pretty good, but it's one of those albums you have to be in the mood for. The album, 'Boy With The Arab Strap' has a lot of great songs on it too.

My favorite Belle and Sebastian song is: I'm Waking Up To Us, I recommend it to anyone who's a The Smiths fan.

Legal Man (that's all I know)

Coincidentally, Belle and Sebastian also starred in Disney's The Little MErmaid, as the mermaid and her crabby guardian...:sexywink:

uh :uhoh: yeah. Oope, hehe. Belle was from Beauty and the Beast. I can't believe I mixed my Disney. Blah. Thanks sula.

Okay, so Belle and Sebastian are an ammalgamation of Disney's Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid. Odd, either way.....

I'm kind of fond of Belle and Sebastian. I also recommend the "I'm Waking up to Us" EP. They have about a million EPs, actually. The other one I like a lot is "3...6...9 Seconds of Light" because it contains 2 of my favorite Belle and Sebastian songs ("La Pastie de la Bourgeoisie" and "Beautiful").

Belle and Sebastian is one of those music acts, like Ryan Adams, the Smiths, and Bjork, that I always mean to get more music by but somehow keep forgetting about. :reject:

I've only heard their song "Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying" or somesuch. It was on a mix CD someone gave me. Not bad, but I've not heard any of their other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom