Tell me about your favourite cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
I have a good reason for asking this. Last year I went to a resort in Mexico with my family and this year we are hopefully going again in December. The name of the resort is Barcelo Maya, it's south of Cancun, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It was amazing. It's one of those all-inclusive places and the booze is included too. I do not drink very much and I did not drink to excess while I was there (you can stifle those chuckles--I honestly did not). But I did drink more than usual! And I discovered I really enjoy cocktails, something I hadn't had much of before. The problem was, I came unprepared and didn't know much about cocktails. The result was that I mostly drank pina coladas (which I did love) and a couple of other things. I would have liked to try other stuff but I was too bashful to ask the bartenders or other people for suggestions. So this time, hopefully I'm going, and I want to go prepared! Tell me about some nice cocktails.

And believe me, I am really ignorant about these things, I didn't even ask for a margarita because I didn't know if you need to ask for a specific KIND of margarita or just a plain old margarita and I didn't want to look stupid.
rolleyes.gif
The other members of my family are at least as dumb about this stuff as I am.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 10-23-2001).]

Well...

I always love a good Cosmopolitan. (vodka, cran, triplesec, and lime juice)

Then I love a Cape Codder (cran & vodka)

I loooove margaritas - but they must be on the rocks and made with Cuervo.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

I love Gin & Tonics! Whiskey Sour is good! Of course you have to have Margaritas! I don't know how good Rum-punch is down in Mexico, but when I went to Jamaica, they were great! They knock you on your ass too!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I like a drink called a Madress. It's vodka, orange juice and cranberry.

hypnotized.gif

biggrin.gif

Great drink! I got really messed up a couple of years ago drinking those all night!

------------------

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Well Hello Angel, care to go out for a drink sometime?

wink.gif

Giiiirrrll.. just tell me when & where in Vegas, and you got yourself a non-stop get-down drinking buddy.
wink.gif

Alcohol rules!

HEY! Let's hear some more cocktails! I need to expand my "drinking horizons!"

------------------

My favourite drink is Black Velvet: Guinness and Champagne.....It's the most delicious drink i have ever had in my whole life ( No kidding!)

But i also like simple stuff like a shot of tequila ( *sigh* I want to go back to Cancun!!!!!!), Sex on the beach,Margarita, etc , etc...

And no, i'm not an alcoholic if that's what you are thinking ! LOL

*Flavia*

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:

But i also like simple stuff like a shot of tequila ( *sigh* I want to go back to Cancun!!!!!!), Sex on the beach,Margarita, etc , etc...

B]

How does a girl go up to a cute bartender and say "I want Sex on the Beach"?
eek.gif
(And don't say "with conviction!")

What goes into one of those, anyway?

My fav cocktail is Tangeray & Tonic.

On occasions when I'm really drunk, I'm forced to drink a cocktail so eloquently named "Irish Car Bomb" (not PC). Its a 4/5 full pint of guinness with a 1.5 shots of Jameson.

If you want a drink that tastes like your favorite kid sandwich, try equal parts Chambord (rasberry liquer) and Franjelica (its a nutty liquer). The combo together is called "Peanut Butter and Jelly"

I'm going to have a beer.

CK

I was going to say Black Velvet too - I drink them all the time but in the states their made with Guiness and hard cider - very good. I introduced the POPWhore to them in Chicago
biggrin.gif

One of my other favorites is absolute mandarin and tonic water. Just dont ever order them in Montreal because they dont know what the hell they are. I still dont know what exactly it was that I drank up there.

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

I've always wanted to try black velvets....
If you think asking for Sex on the Beach is bad, then ask your bartender for a blow job.
wink.gif

I'm a beer girl myself, but I love tequila and captain morgan's spiced rum. Captain and cokes are the best!

------------------
Ready for the Laughing Gas

I'm craving a liquid lunch right about now...

The Black Velvet is right up there now in my Top 5 drinks.
biggrin.gif
I also love whiskey sours, long island iced teas, anything with vodka in it, and something called a french whore, I kid you not. lol

------------------
She don't care what it's worth
She's living like it's the last night on earth

Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Sex on the Beach is my fav cocktail- Oj, cranberry juice, a little bit of vodka and a lot of peach schnopps. Mmmmm. Don't be shy about ordering one- at my 22nd birthday dinner I did so in front of my very conservative parents, aunt, uncle, both grandmas and my 13 year old cousin.

I also make killer Screaming Orgasm milkshakes (plenty of alcohol in those).

Margaritas will, however, always be my tried and true. . . accompanied by great mexican food an guacamole, of course.

Let me start this by saying that I'm a pretty hyper individual to begin with... if I want to get really crazy, give me a Red Bull and Vodka any day.

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I've always wanted to try black velvets....
If you think asking for Sex on the Beach is bad, then ask your bartender for a blow job.
wink.gif

Because Im 16, I dont drink (yes im serious so shut up). But try asking your bartender for a "slow comfortable screw against the wall"
biggrin.gif
real drink! no lie!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yep, foxfire, I've heard of that one before.
smile.gif
Also slow comfortable screws, slippery nipples, and shit, can't think of other good sounding ones right now...

------------------

I've also heard of buttery nipples. What's in this stuff, anyway? Might be fun for my next party. That's it! I'll have a "dirty drinks" party!

I think buttery nipples have cream or milk, and butterscotch schnapps! Good stuff.

Oh, I've heard screaming orgasms are good (well no shit). I've never had the actual drink form, before, hehehe.

------------------

Well, I'm not much of a drinker, and I don't really know cocktails from a hole in the ground, but have I got a funny alcohol story for you!

So, my mom and I were in Ireland over the summer for a vacation. We were at The Temple Bar in Dublin, when my mom told me that she wanted me to order a Black Russian so that I could expand my limited knowledge of drinks. So I walk up to the bar, and order a Black Russian. The bar tender gave me a blank look, and then nodded. (Now, I'm not sure if you all know this, but from what I experienced in my 2 weeks there, the Irish people really like very sweet things)
Anyways, so I go back up the the bar to get my drink, look at it, and see a giant drink with a straw in it. I ask the bar tender "What's this?" He says, "It's an Irish Black Russian." So I look back at the glass, look at him, and say "What's in an Irish Black Russian?" He says, "It's vodka, tia maria, coke, and Guinness!"
Needless to say, it was one of the most awful things that I have ever tasted...

So scatteroflight, don't order an Irish Black Russian, whatever you do...in a word, NASTY!

------------------
*It's just a moment
This time will pass*

Two words: Side Car. It's the drink of flappers, makes you want to charleston. I would trade ham for side cars...
GAO
mad.gif

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

try a Cuban cocktail called a "Mojito" -- rum, lime juice, club soda + a bit of sugar and fresh mint.

If a screaming orgasm drink is anything like it's namesake, it oughta be the best drink out there!
biggrin.gif

I need to try it one of these days...

*cough*hint*cough*

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-24-2001).]

You don't drink much and started on cocktails?!!..in at the deep end there .lol
Watch out for Green Kamikaze's.Oh hang on, I invented them. A midori, vodka, lemon creation I improvised one New Year's Eve. Oh what a night!! deadly
biggrin.gif

Go for the fruit based ones, as nice as the creamy ones are, 100000000 kilojoules per glass. And any good cocktail MUST be festooned with parasols and weird swizzle sticks.One club here sells mocktails(non-alcoholic, they just look the part)
Oh dear, I just remembered the name of the cocktail my g'friends bought me for my 40th b'day **cass blushes** It involved an amorous cowboy...lol, Who comes up with the names?
Can someone invent and name a cocktail in honour of U2 and the elevation tour? That could be fun.
I hope your plans come to fruition scatteroflight **cass leaves scatter a large jar of Vit B and C,some dandelion tea(liver tonic) and some very very dark glasses** have fun musiclover

mmmmmm I love cocktails, faves would have to be,

Lemon Margarita- a proper one should be made with heaps of quality Tequilia, a little triple sec or contreau, crused ice, lemon, and salt- there should also be rock salt on the rim of the glass and the consistency of the ice should be quite slushy, like a Slurpee- YUMMMMMM!!!

Black Russian- vodka, kahlua and coke in a tall glass over ice,,,,

C#@k sucking cowboy- (this is a shooter)- layer of butterscotch schnapps and then a layer of baileys
smile.gif

Tequila "El Jimador" is the one for me
!!
Oh yeah, and another one called "Sexy frog"
It's not very strong, but it has a really sweet taste, like strawberry or something...

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

Back
Top Bottom