Tell me about these new-fangled flying machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvLarryMullen

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Tomorrow I taking my first flight ever. I am pretty much at a loss for how all of this stuff works. I know that I need to get there like 2 hours early. They usually let you take one bag on with you, to put in the overhead, right? would I also be able to take a backpack on with me cause i want to bring some books? I know these are really dumb questions but i really know nothing about flying. Any other advice (even advice that seems like common sense)? I am nervous. Yes i know it is safer than driving, blah blah blah but i am afraid of heights and my aunt died in a plane crash. I'm actually more worried about not knowing what to do than the plane crashing. :slant: :reject:

btw I am traveling from ontario, california to arcata/eureka california and switching planes at both lax and san francisco.

I didn't take my first flight until I was 21, I was really excited :)

Then I found out, flying is actually really boring :reject:

Joking aside, I'm very sorry about your aunt :( :hug:

Do you have the website of the airline your flying? It should have information on there that will answer a lot of the questions - like how much carry on luggage you can bring, etc. :)

Thanks for the kind words about my aunt, but she died 15 years before I was born so I didn't ever know her.

I am not looking forward to switching planes in SF because I am changing onto a very small plane :huh:.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
They usually let you take one bag on with you, to put in the overhead, right? would I also be able to take a backpack on with me cause i want to bring some books?

Yes they do!

I think the worst part of flying is the landing. Taking off is usually fun. Your ears will pop, so bring some gum to chew on!:up:

Have fun! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom