Tell me about the tattoos on your legs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
The call of the tattoo gun is sounding for this old girl again, and this time I'm thinking big. I want to get my left lower leg done. I stopped by tat shop at lunch today, and got some ideas running round my head. (Was I the only teacher who stopped by a tat shop on the lunch break from the district meeting I was at all day? I believe so!)

My question for you, the decorated, is about the ease of tattooing the legs, the pain (which doesn't really matter, but I'm curious), and the problems encountered with healing and keeping the leg dry for a few weeks. I've kept feet dry for weeks, so I don't think a leg would be too much trouble. Compare it to other places you also have inked.

Thank you.

I have them on my ankles.. I remember them hurting but not much different than my other tattoos. I found the ankles easier to care for than lets say my lower back..

I've been wanting to get one on my foot for ages. Not the leg, but just thought I'd let ya know.

:wink:

The one on my ankle was the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ARSE to keep clean, unscuffed, whatever... I swear to god I bumped it into things more that first week than in the previous 20 yrs of my life. :mad:

The pro is that the leg ones are generally a lot easier to get at if you're a little flexible, for daily neosporin or your choice of antibiotic...

And sheesh, have you kicked your podiatrist yet with those "gnarly" "80 yr old" feet? I'd be tempted.... :madspit: :wink:

martha, i just got my first one on the side of my left calf. i didn't feel anything and it was very easy to maintain. a couple of weeks? i had mine done almost 3 weeks ago and it has been healed for 2, including a total peel of the top layer of skin. makes me want to get a second.

:ohmy: i teach, too. i didn't visit on my lunch break, but i did go directly after school. (i also choose the place i went to based on the opinions of the people i work with and what i have overheard kids taking about where their parents had theirs done.)

on a related note......i was told not to use neosporin because it can raise the ink and cause a spotted tattoo. i know you have a few:wink: did you ever hear this?

Ed tells me to only use unscented, white lotion. He prefers Curel. He says not to use Neosporin.

Thanks for the detailed info. Ed says not to get the tats wet for two weeks.

(Ed is also very sexy.)

Oh, and once you start, you'll never stop. :mac:

Martha, i already have a second one picked out.

the guy who did mine said to just use A&D ointment - i smelled like a baby for 2 weeks. I could get mine wet, i just couldn't take a bath for about 2 weeks - shower was okay.

Did you decide on a design yet? How big is big?

How sexy?:tongue:

the ones on my ankle i found easy to care for. the bigger they are, the more they swell, which means i had a hell of a time walking for a while, but i got over it.

i love using cocoa butter on my tattoos though, i find it's nice and creamy but doesn't sting. i just bought wal-mart's brand.

i'd love to get an actual leg tattoo. of a tiger. kinda like it crawling up my leg, not just its head because that'd be creepy.

frenchie1970 said:

How sexy?:tongue:

He reminds me of Luke Wilson, but he's cuter and has a dryer humor. And his hair is getting a bit gray. :heart: His gentle touch and talent don't help any either. :sexywink:

My tats aren't ever all that big, and I'm leaning toward some flowers that are on a Turkish plate from the 17th (?) century. I'm going for color again. I think.

Khananananada, what about shaving?

martha said:
Khananananada, what about shaving?
:lmao:!!!

i didn't shave it at first of course, i just shaved around it which was fine. although once the pain and swelling (and most importantly the scabs) went away, it's been fine ever since. although i'm still surprised hair even grows where i got my larger one.

i mean, you'd think after all that it would somehow mess up your hair follicles or something.

I have been plucking mine for 9 and I see no difference yet. I think the whole it eventually damages the root thing is mostly a bunch of crap.

[/thread derailment] :lol:

Im staying away from the legs, I am however, fully prepared to have a sleeve of ink in the coming years. Next appointment is June 9th for a forearm piece....:wink:

i have one on my ankle and had no problems taking care of it. i just kept something over it when i was in the shower til teh scab (gross) came off. and i didn't shave that part of my leg for a bit. but it was during the middle of winter so it didn't really matter that much :lol:

Back
Top Bottom