Tell me about Montréal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
their french isnt real french, like in france. the city & clubs are ok. the province seems to think the rest of canada owe it something for some reason. some of the people need a good beating. id never live there. id go west before east of ontario.

mucho traffico said:
their french isnt real french, like in france.
Funny that you should say that...it's definetly not Parisian French. When visiting Provence and Normandy a few years ago, I was cracked up by a dialect that sounded almost exactly like Quebecois French :lol:
mucho traffico said:
the province seems to think the rest of canada owe it something for some reason.
Well, if you count the 70+ years where the government of Canada discriminated against the French in Quebec (for example gov't documents were all english in an 80% french province)....um....you might say there is some cause for historical bitterness.

Anyway this is Canada. Anytime any province needs some dough, they can basically bend over the federal gov't and fuck them in the ass until they relent. Unless it's a maratime province, of course, the feds don't really think they exist I fear.

Oh...wait a minute. You're from Toronto/GTA, aren't you :shifty: :rolleyes:

;)

Back
Top Bottom