Telescopes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Last night, my son and I saw Jupiter and three of its moons through a telescope he got for Christmas. Now he really has the astronomy bug. Our current telescope is relatively inexpensive (about $40), wobbles and doesn't hold its position. It is very frustrating to use.

Anybody have suggestions or recommendations for a better telescope?

nbcrusader said:
Last night, my son and I saw Jupiter and three of its moons through a telescope he got for Christmas. Now he really has the astronomy bug. Our current telescope is relatively inexpensive (about $40), wobbles and doesn't hold its position. It is very frustrating to use.

Anybody have suggestions or recommendations for a better telescope?

In all seriousness you should be asking Abel....she's the astronomical genius in these parts...:)

that's great that you and your son are getting into astronomy :up:

actually, i may know a lot about astronomy, but i don't know that much about telescopes. i don't even own one lol. i do my astronomical observing using my own binoculars or looking thru telescopes that belong to other club members in the astronomy club i go to :reject:

i did find a telescope forum on astronomy.com that may be of some help to you.
http://www.astronomy.com/community/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9

or you can find out if there is a local astronomy club or planetarium in your city where they might be able to help you with tips and setting it up.

as astronomers say, keep looking up :wink:

Back
Top Bottom