TED NUGENT Calls BONO's Politics 'Embarrassing'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
Conservative rocker Ted Nugent recently told Launch Radio Networks that he disagrees with U2 singer Bono about the Irish singer's campaign for Third World debt relief, as well as his support for total civilian disarmament. Asked what he would say to Bono in a conversation, Nugent replied, "I'm sure I would be civil, but I would bring those subjects up and go, 'Come on. Come on! What part am I missing here?' In Rwanda they have total disarmament. In the Sudan they have total disarmament. About 6,000 (people) died yesterday. Come on! It's unbelievable. It's the hippie, get high, drop out, as long as I feel good cult. It's just embarrassing."

Fuck this retarded white trash scumbag is this the same fuckhead, who pretended to be mentally ill or retarded (can't remember, sorry) to avoid being drafted into the army? Huh? Or who fucked Courtney Love, when she was just a 14? Who the fuck is this kind of douchebag to talk trash about anyone? Let alone Bono. Bono's the kind of guy few people can touch. He's sold dozens of millions of records, has more money than anyone can imagine, has all the critical and artistic acclaim there is, can sell out stadiums at a whim, and he cares deeply about the poor people. And he's doing it for real, nobody's forcing him to, he could just as well be sitting in Malibu, snorting kilos of cocaine while the most beautiful women in the world give him blowjobs. No, he's working on making the situation for the African poor people better. There are not too many people who can say that, most are just happy to live the good life and not give a shit about anyone else. My two cents :wink:

I agree with you all, In fact, I totally laughed my butt off when Ted was sued in a paternity lawsuit just days after his son's school awarded him "Father of the Year" earlier this year.

Bunbury said:
Fuck this retarded white trash scumbag is this the same fuckhead, who pretended to be mentally ill or retarded (can't remember, sorry) to avoid being drafted into the army?
"He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. ‘... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody.’"

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent)

So, yes, to clarify, someone who lived a month in his own shit just called Bono embarrassing.

Re: Re: TED NUGENT Calls BONO's Politics 'Embarrassing'

typhoon said:

"He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. ‘... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody.’"

So, yes, to clarify, someone who lived a month in his own shit just called Bono embarrassing.

So, he's a draft dodger. While the "hippies" he wants to kill openly said "I Won't Go", he quietly shit in his pants. I just lost all respect for the guy.

Last edited:

typhoon said:

:laugh: :yikes:

he was young and stupid back in the day.

i think he's just against civil disarment.

I already thought he was a moron for his attitudes about hunting and animals, but I don't think there's even a word for how idiotic I think he is after reading that. :|

I've heard way nastier attacks on Bono than what Nugent said. I believe what he said comes more out of ignorance than spite.

Nugent's still a disgusting human being, though. I despise chicken hawks. :down:

I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent's, either his music or the way he expresses his political views. I have no trouble with conservatives in general, I just don't think he's that smart. Sorry. I do respect intelligent and thoughtful conservatives. I don't think he's one. I first heard him with the Amboy Dukes way back when, and even then I wasn't impressed. I'm not impressed with his choice of words, why does he have to call Bono's politics "embarrassing"? What's so embarrassing about trying to stamp out AIDS and unjust debts? Please............:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I'm not impressed with his choice of words, why does he have to call Bono's politics "embarrassing"? What's so embarrassing about trying to stamp out AIDS and unjust debts?

My theory is that what is embarrassing about it to dear Ted is that he (Ted) has neither the balls nor the clout to try to do it.

typhoon said:

:yikes: :barf:

Back
Top Bottom