Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- Shake the Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ted Leo and his gang have done it again. With his raw vocal stylings and great sound Shake the Streets is one of the best releases this year in my opinon.
While they are firmly entrenched in the indie genre they are obviously more influenced by punk and some ska as well.
Im gonna go out on a limb and say, better than Hearts of Oak, and I loved that album......

Ive got some free downloads today over at the blog....

www.eachnotesecure.modblog.com

leo-ted-and-the-pharmacists-031111.jpg

i've listened to parts of it over the last couple weeks.

i really like it :up:

lack of money had been preventing me from buying it, though...

I've been pimping this guy since July. Saw him live over the summer... awesome show, and hopefully will catch him again in Dec. Great new album, though not to me on the level of His other Two. But still very strong

oh yeah it's shake the SHEETS not streets, no?

This thread is a little old but just wanted to bump because I went to my third Ted Leo concert last night. :)

Very good, but short. Ted, Dave, and Chris hung out in the crowd a lot, and nobody talked to any of them -- they were completely unrecognized. My mom and I ( :der: ) went into the coffee shop next door to get a drink and Ted got in line behind us. :D We managed to talk to him a bit and he was very nice. :up:

I got Shake the Sheets after the show at the merch table and hoped Ted would be around to sign stuff like he did last time, but he never did. :( Oh well. Good show. :up: I would've brought my camera but the venue was very poorly lit and the crowd was nuts. :|

Just barely got the album yesterday and listened to it today for the first time. I'm very impressed!!!

This was actually my first album of his/theirs, and I didnt really know what to expect. It's some great rocking stuff! I personally would like to make up my own genre name and call them Indie-Punk. If that name doesnt do it for you, how about this genre: Rockalicious?

u2popmofo said:
Just barely got the album yesterday and listened to it today for the first time. I'm very impressed!!!

This was actually my first album of his/theirs, and I didnt really know what to expect. It's some great rocking stuff! I personally would like to make up my own genre name and call them Indie-Punk. If that name doesnt do it for you, how about this genre: Rockalicious?

Good enough for me the mofo, now find room in your budget for Hearts of Oak....

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom